logo

Posted: 2012-07-24 by    Steve Lam

customer service

Stihl
stihl.com
I purchased a Stihl chainsaw March 22, 2011 and had used it 3-5 times when I noticed there to be a potential engine problem. I took the saw back to the dealer who shipped it off to Stihl to examine. They came back with a determination that it would cost more to repair the saw than what I had paid for it. I contacted Stihl to see what my options were. They informed me that since it was a few months out of warranty, they would take NO steps to help me. This is the type of customer service you can expect from them. Now I have no chainsaw, I am out $300.00, and Stihl will not offer any assistance. NEVER again will I purchase anything from them.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

24th of Jul, 2012 by   Steve Lam 0 Votes
Totally agreed Jon, but it is a 300.00 saw from a multi million dollar corporation. I have probably purchased well over 5000.00 in Stihl products, a little customer courtesy is not too much to ask. Life is a gamble...Stihl loses a long time customer.
 11th of Nov, 2013 by   UNHAPPY WENCH 0 Votes
I am commenting and replying to Steve Lam...my dad experienced the exact same thing that when he had contacted Stihl in Virginia Beach, Va...they led my dad on to believe that the warranty was good no matter where he would take it to have it repaired and my dad commented that the he knows what the name means now...it should be Steal not Stihl! My dad is out of a chainsaw and the $360.00 dollars because the clutch burning out wasn't covered under warranty...my dad took it back first to Terrys Small Engine Repair where he initially purchased the chainsaw and they told him it wasn't under warranty, but when he contacted Stihl in Virginia Beach, Va they told him because he had purchased the right mix for synthetic oil with the gas which that would extend my dad's warranty, but my dad in a huff took back his saw because he refused to pay a huge bill when it was under warranty...looks like the economy is so awful that everyone is out to bleed people dry for money warranty or no warranty...he proceeded to take it to Southern States Alverser Drive and they said the burnt out clutch wasn't covered under warranty and I wanna know WHAT THE 'H' IS COVERED and did Southern States just tell us that because they want to make a sale off people rather than to honor a warranty?! AN EXTENDED WARRANTY DOESN'T MEAN JACK if no one will honor it and fix my dads chainsaw! Warranty Schmarranty!!! lol...this is so sickening that we live in a society where it's screw or be screwed! Use or be used! The other chainsaw my dad purchased The OREGON CHAINSAW is PLUGGING AWAY FINE! HEY ALL YOU STIHL LOVERS OUT THERE...ONCE YOU GO FOR AN OREGON CHAINSAW YOU WON'T GO BACK TO STIHL...SO STIHL WINDS UP BEING 'NOT' STIHL THE ONE...YOU WIN WITH ORGEGON!...

The Top 5 Consumer Complaints