Starwind Marine-Dan Dolaptchieff

Starwind Marine-Dan Dolaptchieff
16-540 Keaau Pahoa Rd #2 Pmb 351
Keaau, Hawaii
Phone: 987-3104
Boat don't pass safety inspections. Having a hard time getting refund. Don't use this company.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Contractors
Was the above complaint useful?

15th of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
Totally Agree,

Dan Dolaptchieff (Starwind Marine) tried to build my 21' Alii Kai (the boat that's on his advertisement). I had to take the boat away from him which he didn't want to let it go. I shipped the boat back to Oahu to have it completed (thanks Clayton). We found that he used rotten water logged stringers, no transom backing, kneel smashed & the hull full of egg shell holes. The list goes on & on. He also drilled holes thru the boat to drain rain water. He said that he pressurized the (2) tanks. After opening the tanks, we found it full of water. We called "Dennis" a qualified marine licensed surveyor to check out his work. We stripped the boat back to its hull & reglassed everything. He even laid the glass wrong. We also found loose screws on the hull that was covered with fiberglass. He shouldn't be building boats & not a good person.
 19th of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
Dan Dolaptchieff Starwind Marine aka "RIP OFF"

He doesn't know how to build a boat. Why is he in business??? I guess fools like us gives him the cash. His day will come. He tried to build my 18' Alii Kai but didn't know how. Even his his worker left him. Watch out for the materials that he uses. Don't take a chance with him building your boat. Talk to all the customers that he built boats for. Buy a Force or a older Alii Kai.

Contact Us