logo

Charlene from blemish free
scam owner
3. (2 mins ago)
storereps.com
Fraudulent charges and I want to stop it
4. (2 mins ago)
GMC Fence
Fence not build.. He is fraud.
5. (9 mins ago)

Posted:    scammed and tickedc

carol cline

StartPottyTraining.com
Utah
This site or service is disgusting it is a prey on young mothers trying to potty train their child by one who claims to be a mother and a grandmother. The advice that she gives is good common sense advice, nothing new or earth shattering as her pitch on her website would lead you to believe. This "program" comes with a double your money back guarantee, no questions asked, only when you e-mail them for it, they do not respond and then when you take another action, such as filing a complaint with paypal, they say "oh...we were just about to cut your check when we saw that you filed a complaint with paypal; now they have your money tied up." Only paypal then tells you that because you bought something that can't be tracked (postal) they can't help you. Filing at the BBB does not work either as I cannot track down an address. They have what seems to be the perfect scam and apparently they have no conscience. They have a great shpeel on their site about how they pay it forward with the money they have basically stolen from unsuspecting mothers to help other mothers. Carol says Oprah says to pay it forward, and she does just that - I just hope that someone pays it forward to Carol Cline in a way that she deserves for scamming other mothers.
Comments United States Kids & Baby
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Start Potty Training complaints
Start Potty Training - Potty training method

Comments

4th of Sep, 2009 by   scammedmom2 +1 Votes
I posted this scam just yesterday. I don't think there really is a Carol Cline. I saw a similar scam using the name Lora Jenson. I googled the email address of the person who scammed me, derekse@gmail.com and it directed me to this board, because his address is attached to another gas scam. I guess his scam name is Derek Seymour, which is probably a fake too. But, this very site we're posting on right now runs ads for the Carol Cline potty training method, so really the lesson is...trust no one.

I hope your potty training gets easier though. I understand completely how awful you feel with dealing with that and being scammed on top of it all, that's what happened to me. No one will understand the frustrations of being a mom. I hope all associated with this burn. But they probably won't.

For what it is worth, the information purchased from the Carol Cline potty training scam can be found here, which is a site that links to other things that look like scams:
 20th of Mar, 2010 by   herrbriggs 0 Votes
So true.It is a total scam. Don't do it. You can not contact them. I am in the process of trying to get my money back thru my credit card. SCAM, SCAM . THe bonus books that she promises you are not there. YOu click on the link and it only brings you to the previews of the book and then gives you a place where you can purchase them online. SCAM, SCAM, SCAM.
 1st of Apr, 2010 by   Meglaska 0 Votes
I wish that I would have found this website BEFORE I bought those "BOOKS" I can't even tell you how frustrated I am right now. I have been holding out for them to come in the mail (it's been 2 months) and then I get frustrated and I try to contact them and I was brought to this website. What kind of person would do this? Isn't it enough that we are just trying to raise our children right and in the process we GET MONEY STOLEN FROM US. I don't even know what I am going to do, but they haven't heard the last of me! I believe in KARMA and the people that put up that website is going to GET WHATS COMING TO THEM!
 8th of Apr, 2010 by   Langirl24 -1 Votes
Where on the www.pottytrainingbedwetting.com site is her info found? All I see are links to other similar sites. Thank you.
 12th of Apr, 2010 by   charlie brown -3 Votes
I don't understand why any one would have to be told or "schooled" how to potty train a child.
It's just a dumb-ass thing to do...ASK YOUR MOTHER, FATHER, AUNT, UNCLE, GRAND MOTHER OR FATHER!

People have been potty training children for thousands of years...WITHOUT THE SCAMMERS ON THE INTERNET!

You lazy-ass people just want to push a button and "POOF... YOUR CHILD IS POTTY TRAINED!

Don't you people know that 99% of ALL internet ads are a scam?

Even the ads on THIS PAGE are scams...IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME, GO AHEAD AND TRY ONE OR TWO...I DARE YOU!!!
 15th of Jun, 2010 by   goldentwig 0 Votes
The pottytrainingbedwetting.com website isn't working anymore, but I think that someone who got burned by purchasing her materials should "pay her back" by posting all of the digital content you DID receive on a website like that. Buy a domain (URL) such as "carolclinescam.com" or "startpottytrainingscam.com" and completely expose everything by posting all of the digital content online and then allow people to give their testimonies about her too! That would probably help drive her out of business. Because right now, everything I find in searching for her is these fake reviews... Check out this hidden link I found on her site that disclaims all of her testimonials were PAID affiliates!! http://www.startpottytraining.net/affiliate-agreement.html
 15th of Jun, 2010 by   goldentwig 0 Votes
This is the public information below regarding the registrant for the www.startpottingtraining.com domain. Scammedmom2 was correct in guessing his real name... I bet there really isn't a Carol Cline at all! Use this information as you will... :-)

with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net
for detailed information. Domain Name: STARTPOTTYTRAINING.COM
Name Server: NS970.HOSTGATOR.COM
Status: clientTransferProhibited
Updated Date: 24-mar-2010
Creation Date: 20-apr-2009
Expiration Date: 20-apr-2015NOTICE: The expiration date displayed in this record is the date the
registrar's sponsorship of the domain name registration in the registry is
currently set to expire. This date does not necessarily reflect the expiration
date of the domain name registrant's agreement with the sponsoring
registrar. Users may consult the sponsoring registrar's Whois database to
view the registrar's reported date of expiration for this registration.

[Querying whois.enom.com]
[whois.enom.com]
=-=-=-=
Visit AboutUs.org for more information about startpottytraining.com

Registration Service Provided By: NameCheap.com

ns970.hostgator.com

Creation date: 20 Apr 2009 19:59:12
Expiration date: 20 Apr 2015 19:59:12
 18th of Jun, 2011 by   Mythicalbee -1 Votes
Thank you for your candid responses (well, except you Charlie Brown - you're just another loser who trolls boards to unleash your anger. Get a therapist.) I was JUST about to buy this program to help us with our son, and wha tipped me off to check it out a bit was the fact that this masters level educated person had so many spelling and grammatical errors. Thanks for saving my hard earned money!
 19th of Sep, 2011 by   ptvet -1 Votes
I was also scammed by Carol Cline and her 3-day potty training guarantee...what desperation does to someone...anyway, I filed a complaint with PayPal and was successful in getting my money back. So, be persistant until you get an answer.
 18th of Oct, 2011 by   OneCornerStone 0 Votes
Thank you for posting these complaints. I was about to buy the "program" when I thought to search for un-bias reviews first and found this link. I decided to forego buying any books at this time and just search the internet for all the tips that I could find. YouTube may be helpful as well. With all the free advice, why purchase? I found a great site...http://www.trustyguides.com/potty-training.html. It helps you know when your child is ready, with lots of useful tips. Good luck, to all those desperate parents. I am there myself and my son is almost 3 yrs old. I have to keep telling myself that he's NOT in a race against other kids. And, I'm not in a race against other moms. Just follow the cues on when their ready and do one phase of the process at a time until he acheives it. Be patient and don't overreact.
 19th of Jan, 2012 by   big boi -1 Votes
wow im glad I didnt buy it I was just about to hit the send button and figured I would check sad no one is who they say they are anymore
 20th of Jan, 2012 by   magnetmonkey -1 Votes
I was totally just going to buy it too! I'm so glad that I checked this website first! I can't believe someone would do such an awful thing. I agree with goldentwig in that someone should post all of the content they got on a blog or website and share it with everyone to get back at this so called "Carol Cline". Thanks for looking out for other moms! I'm glad you guys care. :)
 2nd of Feb, 2012 by   mommyx2boys -1 Votes
Wow! I had a feeling this was a scam... and I totally agree... The spelling errors on that site were a RED FLAG! Thanks for verifying my mama's intuition : ) I will figure potty training out on my own, thanks!
 12th of Feb, 2012 by   bookemdanno -1 Votes
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! You guys saved me from purchasing this bogus system. Whenever I read emotional sale copy like 'hers' (that makes me eager to buy), I ALWAYS GOOGLE THE PROGRAM *BEFORE* I DECIDE TO PURCHASE as a way to check my excitement at the door and make a rational decision. I am so thankful that the original poster, "scammedmom2" decided to post this review for our benefit.

The thing that tipped me off were the tone of the testimonials. They all 'sounded' too similar and the picture of one testimonial about a supposed 3-year-old boy features a picture of a 6-month-old baby. Once I saw that I rushed to check the reviews and voila!

You know the saying, "If it sounds too good to be true...it probably is."
 20th of Nov, 2012 by   ELINARUBIN -1 Votes
HELLO EVERYONE! I HAVE PURCHASED THE 'KIT' MYSELF AND REQUESTED A REFUND FOR OTHER REASONS THAN A SCAM. HERE IS THE # TO CALL FOR YOUR REFUND: 1800-390-6035. THIS IS CLICKBANK SERVICE, AND THEY WILL GLADLY ISSUE YOU A REFUND. GOOD LUCK!
 8th of Dec, 2012 by   elizabethtc09 -1 Votes
i am so glad i checked to find other reviews before going thru with a purchase. i too research before i buy online to make sure it isnt a scam. i really dislike when websites like that one only display the good comments and never the bad.

also if you notice the at the bottom of the testimonies (all the way at the end) it says "view 5 more" you click and you cant, cuz there is nothing else to see... ITS FAKE!...

when i searched it i checked FB first cuz now in days practically all businesses (small or big) have a page on FB (plus the area for comments, totally has the FB feel. also if she has FB like counts, she would defenatly have a FB). and if Carol Cline is soo popular for her potty training method im pretty sure she would have a page up to promote her "GREAT" business.

DONT BUT IT!!!
 8th of Dec, 2012 by   elizabethtc09 -1 Votes
*woops sorry for my spelling errors
 14th of Mar, 2013 by   singlemomm +2 Votes
I got this guide an followed all the tips and they actually worked. I dont know why everyone is saying its a scam. It sole purpose is to provide tips for potty training. You might be able to find the tips elsewhere but that doesn't mean its a scam.
 26th of Mar, 2013 by   terezac 0 Votes
Hi from Australia.
Thanks for the updates here. The offer for a 3 day potty training just came to mail inbox from Parenting HQ http://www.parentinghq.com/a/potty.php. This link just gives you a very long promo video (no actual tips but i didn't last till the very end). Under the vid are some positive reviews with comments from 'Carol Cline' (picture and all). The comments look like taken from FB but when I did find them on FB under '3 Day Potty Training' there is no mention of her and all the 'thank you' notes are for Laura the potty whisperer. Interesting. Also most of the comments are not actual FB post, however there are a few posts from ppl on FB.
I was tempted the buy the book but after reading all the above comments I might just give it a miss!
 17th of Aug, 2013 by   Rachel35034 0 Votes
I haven't tried Carol Cline method and don't intend too. I have 3 grown children and 3 grandchildren that I trained very easily. I did give the rewards and they loved it. My 3 loved tootsy rolls and they got a small one each time they went and potty, not just make believe but really used the pot. Good luck to all the mom's out there on trying to potty train.

Saving on Spring Break