logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
The Brick
No communication for payment protection plan
2. (14 mins ago)
Ericdress.com
Don't buy from this website ever
3. (37 mins ago)
Advanced Air Solutions / Filter Queen
Devious Deceptive Sales Tactics
4. (54 mins ago)
Everbuying.com
I was given a tracking number which I couldn't seem to track
5. (55 mins ago)
Filter Queen
High Pressure Sale

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Sri Revathi Gas Agency, Medavakkam Complaints & Reviews - Poor response to the queries in person for Indane Connection transfer

Sri Revathi Gas Agency, Medavakkam Contacts & Informations

Sri Revathi Gas Agency, Medavakkam

Posted:    Kannan N

Poor response to the queries in person for Indane Connection transfer

Sri Revathi Gas Agency
India
This is in reference with the IndionOil Indane household gas connection Consumer Number:72624/Domestic Single, which has been asked for transfer, Ref : Doc Number : 211744100001742 Dt : 16/06/2010 to Chennai.

I recently shifted to Chennai from Bangalore and located at Medavakkam. I was told from the home agency that I should contact the local distributor of the IndianOil to get the new connection with the transfer order from them.

When I contacted the nearest Dealer (Sri Revathi Gas Agency), a month and half back, the response was poor and when digging into the details, the concerned with the agent simply told that they didn't have stock for the regulators and when it come they would give the connection. The timeframe mentioned by them 1.5 months back was 2-3 days.

I requested them to take down the details of myself so that they can intimate me whenever the stock for regulator comes. But they refused to take the details and asked me to come to the office frequently and check the status of the regulators.

From then onwards, I have been following up them every 2 days and the response is still poor and they still maintain the same statement.

When I visited the dealer 2 days back, he got angry and told, they dont know when it would come and they cannot give any definite date, even after the 1.5 months and hence, if urgent call IndionOil and enquire them and not here.

So, I just request to know if its true, and if true, how long will it take for IndionOil to send the regulators to the concerned dealers.

I will be happy to share more details if needed.

Thanks,
Kannan
Comments India Other
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

9th of Nov, 2010 by   BalajiVijay 0 Votes
Indane Gas -Sri Revathi Gas Agency, Medavakkam is the most WORST in terms of customer service. We have been using Indane for more than 25 years in various parts of Chennai like Adyar, Mylapore, Thiruvanmiyur etc. None of the Gas agency was like this Sri Revathi Gas Agency.

Leave alone new gas connection, once you get the connection also, even to get a refill they make you call 100 times and they dont send the gas cylinders promptly.

May times we have suffered with empty cylinders.

Each time you call them, their number is always busy. after 2 to 3 days of repeated trying I once got ring but they did not pick. I went to office and was shocked to see them putting all phone receivers down to avoid phone calls. We cannot go to their office everytime for new cylinders right. WORST service ever by Indane agency.

Balaji Vijay
 7th of Jan, 2011 by   Santhi Krishna 0 Votes
My consumer number is 15509. I had the same experiance everytime. Call all revathi indane gas numbers and they are busy 24*7. When finally you get them they initially tell that they would provide cylinder in 20 days. later after 20 days they say that they will provide cylinder in 40 days. After that they say in 60 days . Hope somebody cancels the license of such pathetic service.
Thanks and regards,
Santhi Krishna
 24th of Jan, 2011 by   Vinanthi 0 Votes
We shifted recently from Bangalore to Chennai (Medavakkam) . I was about to visit this agency today. I tried to call several times and all four numbers they have is busy from three days. I thought of doing more research on this agency before I visit the store. After reading your complaints I have changed my mind. Thanks all to share these things as new people in city won't get fooled by their deceptive advertisements.
Thanks and regards,
Vinanthi
 1st of Mar, 2011 by   Yasodhai Ganesan 0 Votes
Even I too had a very bad experience when we even for Gas Refill. They will not any proper response for any of them. My sincere advice is dont take leave thinking that your gas related problems will be solved in a single day if you reach them.
 8th of Mar, 2012 by   JayaM 0 Votes
I am a customer of Indane Revathy gas agency, Medavakkam for the past 6 years and I am seeing worst service to the core.
1. Abnormal delay in delivery of cylinders. Not in 1 instance. Every time we book cylinder it takes more than 35 to 40 days to deliver. I thought we will be saved after the automatic booking is introduced but of no use. I dont know why there can be a delay after we get the sms that cash memo is generated. We received cylinder 10 days after we got sms. What is happening in the gap? I dont think other areas in chennai are taking 35 to 40 days to deliver cylinders. Why only with this agency its delayed?
2. Delivery boys charge Rs40 extra that the bill amount. For every cylinder if they get this money, and deliver atleast 20 cylinders per day, just imagine how much he will get per month/annum?
3. People at the agency behave very harshly when we approach them in person for complaints. Complaint registration in the automatic booking system is not enabled. Where do we need to log such complaints. I am also seeing lot of complaints on this agency over internet since 2007, but still all these complaints are still on which means no action is taken. Is there a place where we can log complaints so that these are addressed?

Better Business Bureau's Consumer Tips