logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (2 mins ago)
Frigidaire Gallery Refrigerator
model # FGHB2844LF4 (What a piece of junk)
2. (4 mins ago)
grantresource.com
Charging of my account
5. (13 mins ago)
CustomerCarePage.com
Fraudulent charges without my notice

Consumer Tips & Tricks

2001 Edmund Halley Drive
Reston, Kansas
Phone: 800-639-6111
nextel.com
When I first switched to nextel I had a lot of problems but I decided to stay with them since I had agreed to a two year contract. When am contract was more than half finish they called me and said that if I renewed the same contract that I had then they would credit my account the amount that it was due at the time so I would not have a bill. After I had agreed I didn’t have problems but then all of a sudden I was going over my minutes every time I would call a rep would give me a different story. I had talked to 8 different reps in a two week time is how bad it was. They would always change the story and at one time one of the reps told me that I was right she seen where they had messed up that was after placing me on hold three and four times to "speak w the supervisor and get everything taken care of". Once my two year contract was finished my contract was changed and when I called them about it I was told that the rep that had called me about renewing my contract did not put everything in the notes. I had started to see a pattern that sprint reps only put what they wanted to put in notes because I had heard it too many times. One of the supervisors told me that he would reverse my contract so that I was no longer in the one year I wouldn’t have to pay they $200 cancellation fee and they would put the credit back onto my account and I would only have to pay that. Once I received my final bill as they called it the $200 fee was still there and I had to call them once more to get this straighten out. Once that was taken care of I received an email a couple of days later saying that my account was going to go to collections because it was pass due. I called to see why because my bill was not due for another two weeks. The rep claimed that it was due to me having a pass due balance. When I asked him why it had never been done before when I had a pass due balance or is it now because I had terminated my services with them. The rep tried to say that it wasn’t because I had terminated my services. I believe that nextel and sprint now has the worst customer service and they are always messing up your bill. When you go over your minutes they look for the numbers that you use the most and say those phone calls were the reason. I'm not going to continue to be cheated out of my money and sit here and argue with a phone company three and four times a day. If you have to do that then maybe they need to relook there services and customer services.
Comments United States Mobile & Cell Phones
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

11th of Sep, 2008 by   Valerie 0 Votes
They do not provide any customer service even though we have been with this company for more than 7 years. When they were Nextel they at least new what customer service was, I never had 2 spend 3 hours calling back until I got the answer I wanted, it didn't take 2 years to shut off an unused number that they have been getting 6.95 a month for and have conveniently miss placed the notes on my requests. And It has taken 4 months and untold phone calls to get a return credited to our account.
 11th of Nov, 2008 by   ccarter 0 Votes
Sprint and other carriers should offer competent insurance companies. Asurion representatives are detached, unprofessional excuse-giving representatives who will waste your time when you are simply trying to get a phone replaced in a timely method. For example, I spoke to one person at Asurion who explained that I could go online to retrieve an affidavit to request a phone replacement. I was transferred to a second representative, named Jay, who asked me the same questions as the first rep. When I asked Jay to give me the name of the web site where I could retrieve the affidavit, she replied that she could not give it to me until I answered a few questions. What? I then realized she was reading from a script and was irritated that I had injected a question. It would have been better had she told me that she had to a read from script. It’s obvious that Asurion trains reps to be robot-like, detached from good customer service, as well as confrontational, if necessary, if you ask a question that breaks them away from their script. I know that Jay was taught not to think or use common sense -- as that’s against Asurion’s rules. I would suggest that Asurion take a look at its policy and considering making a change – NOW -- and educate, train and hire reps that enhance who they are as a company, not take away from them.
 8th of Feb, 2009 by   Amanda 0 Votes
What was your question? And what was the answer you wanted? You probably got someone who was sick and tired of talking to you. That's why they must have given you whatever you wanted.

Old Nextel reps stayed with Sprint. Plus they have Nextel's customer care system. So not much has changed. It depends on what you are complaining about.

There is no way to "Miss Place" notes on an account. They are there, or they're not there. It's not like paper in your house were you either know where it is or you don't. Really... geeze.

------
Hey how about this. Got a number you don't want on the account anymore? Do a Transfer of Liability.
Find a person who wants a sprint account and offer them the phone that's on that line if they take over your line you don't want.
All you have to do is go into a Sprint Corp store with two forms of ID -with- the person who takes over the line. Then you fill out one little tinny form. Credit check; and Bing, Bang, Boom. That person takes over that one line and you don't have to pay or worry about it's contract anymore.

There is always a way out of paying for an ETF if you'd just try. TOL is the BEST way.
------
Don't wanna do something that works? Then go cry in your room like a little girl. Because it's your problem, and you created it.
 17th of Mar, 2009 by   Agnesa 0 Votes
I've finally had it with Sprint! I keep being overcharged just because I have a Nextel phone that feels like it's outdated by a whole decade. It doesn't even have a camera! The worst thing of all, is that the phone occasionally shuts itself off regardless of how much battery is left.

I've heard of other phone companies like AT&T giving their customers discounts through these hard times, so I thought I'd give it a try. I've been a customer of Sprint for about 4 years now, because of these stupid 2 year contracts and paid them close to a hundred or more every month and they can't even give me a dime off! Instead they overcharge me constantly. All I get is 700 minutes, and if I'm a minute over, BAM, I get hit with a huge fee. Text messages are the worst, getting charged .20 cents each and some are advertisements! Sprint doesn't give a shit about their customers at all. I guess they don't value their business. Sprint has been reporting losses and their stock is currently around $3.00 from 20 something dollars in 2007 and it will probably drop some more if it can go any lower. Sprint is going to be one of those big companies that are probably going to go out of business soon or get acquired by another company.

As soon as my contract expires in March, it's goodbye Sprint, you bloodsuckers!
 16th of Jul, 2009 by   SprintGuy 0 Votes
Sounds to me like your upset because you are only on a 700 minute plan with out texting and your upset that you keep going over and getting overage charges. Sounds like you should look into changing your plan to a Simply everything plan, maybe the 900 Everything which includes 900 minutes of talk time, unlimited data, and unlimited texting. Would that work for you? If it would then you should pick up your phone and call customer care, and switch your plan.
 14th of Aug, 2009 by   pbishop829 0 Votes
08/13/2009

Request "Sprint Vision Pack" of charges $15/mo since 12/09/2007 be reimbursed.

Bought a sprint phone for my daughter and requested the "Sprint Vision Pack" be kept off. Received bill around 11/2007 including $15/mo charge for this.

Called Sprint on 12/9/2007 and requested it be turned off and they reimburse me. I assumed they did remove it. Noticed the charge was still on my bill on 8/2009.

Called Sprint and requested a refund of these charges ($300) since 12/09/2007. Sprint acknowledged they had a record of my request on 12/9/2007, but said they could reverse charges only back 2 months.

I asked for a supervisor and then a manager. Basically they said the same thing. Manager said there was a note tha I requested it be turned on, on 2/7/2008 – I did not. We never used this service because we assumed it was turned off as we had requested.

I indicated that I had disputed the charge back in 12/9/2007 and never used it.

Manager said she could only go back 2 months.

The Sprint Manager was Donna; ID FA40281.

I will not use Sprint in the future if this is not resolved to my satisfaction.

Patrick C. Bishop
 14th of Dec, 2009 by   Rishok 0 Votes
I called Sprint customer service to change my CSA from CA to NJ. The representative, did something and after a long wait she said, my current mobile number changed and says sorry - i can't do anything. When i said, how is that possible as there is an option of keeping the same number with any service provider, then she said she put on a internal ticket and will get back to me to restore my mobile number with 24-48 hrs. Since i did not recieve any call for the nect 24 hrs, i called up and the reprsentative said as it is not 48 hrs, still there is no response. After 48 hrs there is no response and i called in after 72 hrs and asked to speak to a supervisor of the representative - he said right now no body is availble and he will put a system message so that his supervisor will call in within 45 min. It has been 16 hrs since then and there is no response form Sprint. Each one of the representatives i spoke to says different things on the same issue. Too bad service from SPrint.
 26th of May, 2013 by   Missdel 0 Votes
I am having horrible issues with my phone since I got it in November the network is terrible and every rep gives me a different lie I am fed up I was at the store the other day who said they can do nothing to help and six other people where there complains about same problems anyone who would like to ban together to file a lawsuits please get in touch with me my email is cionemissy@yahoo.com I think this is the only way to get this solved
 29th of Aug, 2013 by   Animesh Nath 0 Votes
I am a sprint user for last 6 months and worst last month for services. The handset they gave me that does not work a full day without a second charge. When I went to sprint store they change my settings and told me now the device is going to work better. But it never did. I went back several times then i gave up on that. So I spent a hundred dollars to buy a portable battery so i can charge my phone any ware I am. Then there services msg does not go through at one try most of the times. But worst of them all is frequent call drops which is some time ten times in a day. When I talk to several departments and which was very difficult because call was even dropping even when I was talking to sprint. After chat a whole lot of try I told them since I am having terrible service I want terminate my service they said i have to pay 340 dollars early termination fee. When I have asked to talk someone from termination department they said they are going to investigate. After investigation when they called me back the representative told me even though i am having network and frequent call drop issue which is sometime more then 10 times a day they said it is in except able range so they are not going to wave my termination fee.

Within last 6 years I have used several different cellphone company 2 years in t mobile 1 years metropcs, ATT and boost. In my opinion by far sprint is the worst. And I got better service paying less then half what i am paying sprint. Switching to sprint by far one of the most stupid decision I have made.

If any of you have any idea how I can get this issue resolved.
Email me at alienmars87@live.com