logo

2. (3 mins ago)
Saudi Telecom
lucky draw scam
3. (9 mins ago)
Fresh cut bank instrument for lease/SBLC
Fresh cut bank instrument for lease/sale, such as BG,SBLC, MTN, Bank Bonds
4. (40 mins ago)
Think Insurance
THINK INSURANCE REVIEW STAY AWAY

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Sprint Complaints & Reviews - Sprint customer service is HORRIBLE!

Sprint Contacts & Informations

Sprint

Posted:    Valerie

Sprint customer service is HORRIBLE!

Sprint
www.sprint.com
I called Sprint this morning for a breakdown of my phone charges, as my phone bill is at least $90 higher this month than it should be. Yes, I did upgrade to a Family Plan and add a line for my 15 year old daughter.

My complaint is this: Sprint says my daughter used 276 text messages over what's in my plan. I'm not DISPUTING this, I merely want to see what phone numbers she texts and what numbers text her. This account is in MY name, I pay the bill. Sprint tells me at first that "there is no way to track that information." To which I reply that I do not understand, considering its HER PHONE NUMBER texting another PHONE NUMBER--they can send me page after page of incoming and outgoing calls. Then they tell me it's a PRIVACY issue...that they are not allowed to give me that information. HELLO?! It's MY account!! So, when I don't buy the 'privacy' issue, they tell me that I need to get a subpoena from my local law enforcement agency. I'm also told that "it's Sprint's policy not to disclose that, should you need information on text messages on your account, you'll need a subpoena to get it." So, I got the supervisor's name and operator # (Alicia VZ72093)and asked for a number to dial her directly. I was told there are no direct numbers into their call center.

So, after calling my local law enforcement agency, I try to call Alicia VZ72093 back. This time I get Andrew, who tells me again that there is no way to retrieve text message information. I explained to him that I talked to a supervisor named Alicia and her operator # is VZ72093. After being on hold for several minutes, he comes back on the line to inform me that Alicia VZ72093 does not exist at Sprint. And whoever I spoke with LIED to me--that there definitely is NO WAY to retrieve that information. After informing him that I no longer wished to speak with him, that I would prefer talking to his supervisor, I was again placed on hold. After six (6) minutes, someone at Sprint disconnected me. I am so furious! I am exploring my options today with other cell phone companies, and I'm determined to end my contract with Sprint as soon as possible. I have had numerous complaints with Sprint (especially with their customer service--one rep. telling you one thing, another telling you something different.) They give me the impression that I need THEM way more than THEY need me!

We'll just see about that!
Comments United States Telecommunications
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

29th of Nov, 2007 by   Susan Montanti 0 Votes
Let's make this short. My 18 year old son has sprint. The model phone he has has been discontinued. (probably because it was a bad design) We started having problems where the phone goes into flight mode on it's own and we cannot get it out. We have now been to the Sprint store 4 times in the last 6 months. They have repaired the phone twice and replaced it with refurbished phones of the same model twice. We had an emergency a few days ago and I could not get hold of my son because his cell phone that we are paying for doesn't work. I had neck surgery last week and am home recovering. However, because my son cannot get anyone to help him he had to drive me to the store. We spent another hour and 1/2 trying to get them to give us a lesser valued phone as a replacement. I told them I don't want this model again - it obviously has problems. Well the end result they would only give me another phone ( the cheapest one they have) if we extended our contract two years. I said absolutely not. He tried to tell me they were doing me a favor. The bottom line is I still don't have a phone that works.

Customer Service - what a joke!!! Anyone who reads this - don't get stuck in a Sprint Contract. We had Verizon and never had problems like this.
 15th of Oct, 2008 by   Kya Gream 0 Votes
I have been a Sprint customer for a little under a year and hadn't had any issues until the last few months. I've been losing signal in my house and cannot seem to hold a call unless I walk into the living room.

Also, I've been having a problem with my battery. I charge it frequently, but even when I am making a phone call with a FULL battery, within 5 minutes my battery starts flashing and I have to let the person go because I'm worried my phone is going to power down. Sprint told me they'd need to witness the problem to do anything about it. That I can understand because for all they know, I could have made it up.

The signal issue is a whole other story. I'm paying a bill each month for a phone that I cannot even utilize. I have missed several calls from work, lost signal in the middle of a phone call, and had to walk outside to get enough signal to finish a phone call. I have been into the store 4 times in the last month and they keep feeding me the same line every single time. Each time they tell me that my phone is behind on updates. Funny thing is, I just had it updated less than a week ago. I'm getting sick and tired of hearing the same thing every time and never having the problem soved. The customer service is so horrible that it's sickening. The person I spoke to in store named Ray was extremely rude and didn't even apologize about the inconvenience. I was quite obviously frustrated and his poor attitude only made the situation worse. He simply told me he updated my phone ONCE AGAIN and that I should be good to go. I'm just baffled that I'm having a problem that isn't my fault and they refuse to credit my account or let me out of my contract. This is definitely the WORST customer service that I have ever experienced.
 23rd of Feb, 2009 by   nickielegal 0 Votes
Sprint took $407.83 from my checking account on accident and refuses to reimburse me for the overdraft fees that resulted. My bill was only $47.00 which I had paid so they actually deducted $447.83 from my account. They apologized but have not reimbursed me for any subsequent fees.

Everytime I call I get a new person in the call center and they are 100% clueless and therefore, I have to start from square one every single time. I have called Sprint 55 times and spoken to 55 differernt people and still haven't been able to get this issue resolved. They have an employee by the name of S. Monk please do not talk to him, he is an arrogant idiot.

SPRINT HAS THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE CALL CENTERS I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH.
 18th of Apr, 2009 by   gaylordkent 0 Votes
I attempted to establish myself as a new customer at Sprint. I wanted to keep my phone (a new Razor) and my number. I was put on hold, then disconnected. After calling back and being disconnected five times in a row. Bingo at last I was able to find a condescending who was egger and willing to tell me that I could not keep my Razor, I would have to buy one from Sprint. Ahhh yeah, No thank you Sprint. I don’t like the way you have wasted my time and then insulted me. AT&T I’m coming home.
 18th of Jun, 2009 by   thedugas 0 Votes
I have been a Sprint customer for the last 8 years and have never been a day late on paying my bill. I tried to purchase the Palm Pre and was told I had to pay full price for the phone unless I waited 3 months. I informed the Customer Service Representative that I planned on switching to AT & T to purchase an IPhone unless Sprint could move my upgrade eligibility date up 3 months just as AT & T was doing for their customers. After speaking with a manager, she informed me that they were going to move the date up and to hold on while they made the change. I was disconnected and called Sprint back. After explaining the situation to another representative, I was transferred to a supervisor who informed me that the manager gave me misleading information and they had a directive from their V.P to not negotiate on any deals concerning the Palm Pre. She also mentioned that the manager that informed me they would move my date faced termination from the company. The supervisor was very rude and arrogant.
-Eric
 28th of Oct, 2009 by   onedaysprinter 0 Votes
Question: Sprint never learns from Experience ! ..

I didnt know that sprint was ranked no1 in worst category for customer service by MSN . I ran into it after I had a terrible experience with Manila call center, they promised me offer that never existed to sign in for sprint as special discounts, they all lie, if you ask for supervisor they never connect ..just make you hold for ever, almost everyone is rude, they just leave the phone when they have to leave office, they are the meanest customeer care in the world . I just shofted from AT&T since I saw a better deal with sprint and I just realized you get what you pay for, if the plan is cheap quality of the carrier is cheap X 10!! ..Run away from this company ..

One day old customer
 16th of Nov, 2010 by   smeagz 0 Votes
I have had my phone replaced 3 times in 2 months and have spoken with 24 different people today. A rude young woman by the name of Chantel with broken vocabulary and a horrid accent made may have given me the worst experience EVERRR! This "thing" on about telling me my phone works good enough to have called customer service. How dare she!!! Her supervisor then gets on the phone and says, "Ma'am I can give you a # to which they will give you an entirely new phone" I then complain about the woman and all of a sudden he doesn't have the number!!! I absolutely despise Sprint and there "Always Late-r Network" . They are horrible and it's everyone from AMERICA! The people from the Phillippines (<-typo) were extremely nice and from every OTHER COUNTRY! If there were anyone whoever wanted to end this network they'd have my signature in a blink of an EYE! I am going to At&t next week!!! This is ridiculous and when they finally connected me to someone who could replace the phone THEY OFFERED TO DOWNGRADE ME! And said, "when you get the survey for our service will you be able to give a good rating??", Choke on a NO FROM ME PAL!
 24th of Jan, 2011 by   Disney747508312002 0 Votes
Hello My name is Felisha Singleton
I have been a Sprint customer for several years now and I had an issue with the treatment and quality of service that I experienced with a few of your technical service providers.
I was told that my Sprint acct was placed into collections last month due to late payments. I do agree that my payments as of late have been late and I a couple of times tried to make a payment only to have issues with my checking acct.
I am a teacher and I have been laid off and have experienced quite a difficult time with my finances as it seems most people have in the US. I am not sure if your co. is aware but there is a "recession" and many people are experiencing a financial hardships. I have delt with banks, mortgage companies and credit bureos that were more "buisness" like than the people that I delt with . A Rashadd in Mesa Arizona who would not transfer me or who would not give me his work number or information when I felt that he was rude and "unprofessional" He told me I needed to pay my bill. He made me feel like a criminal and he would not offer any other help except " you need to pay your balance. I was offended and I will no longer deal with Sprint once this last contract ends
 4th of Feb, 2011 by   truth i... +1 Votes
@stealthpilot exactly correct. BE A PARENT.
 22nd of Mar, 2011 by   Aaron5645 0 Votes
Sprint's customer service call centers are awful. Even giving it the title "customer service" is a misnomer because customer service is non existent. They are hard to understand, some of them don't understand english very well, they place you on hold several times, and transfer you from one person to another. I tried them for 3 days, and gave them their crappy phone and crappy service right back.. thank god.
 30th of Mar, 2011 by   ambiekay1987 0 Votes
ok so a angry boyfriend gets ahold of cheating girlfriends text history and shoots her in the head yup that would be sprints fault too right? lol where do u win and people think everyone just owes them so damn much lol
 8th of Sep, 2011 by   ambiekay 0 Votes
YOU NEED TO CALL COOPERATE SECURITY THEY CAN PROVIDE THEM BUT U HAVE TO HAVE A SUPENA YOU WILL GET DETAILS AS FAR AS TIME DATE AND NUMBER
 10th of Nov, 2011 by   Jorgeb 0 Votes
HORRIBLE la señal de Sprint en Puerto Rico, cantidades de personas estan cambiando a otra compañia. y peor aun es el servicio al cliente de Sprint en los EEUU, division hispana... no son amables, en algunos casos tratan mal al cliente y no tienen la menor intencion de retener a un cliente !!!
 6th of Aug, 2012 by   NWES 0 Votes
Sprint has bad customer service!!! After not getting any phone service in my house for two weeks I called and was told that after they were having problems with towers in my area and after they fixed the problem I would be compensated for my inconvenience, well needless to say after the problem was fixed no one at sprint knows anything about any form of compensation for the month and a half I had no service at home and had to go outside to talk on the phones I pay 200 bucks a month for!!
 9th of Aug, 2012 by   Raymondj 0 Votes
sprint es la compañia mas mala que pueda esitir en el planata tierra, sprint es tan mala que metro pc es mejor que sprint.
creo que sprint va a serar la puerta por el mal servicion que tiene
no recomiendo a nadie que aga contracto con sprint.

compañia recomendables son virizon, y At&t esta compañia son reconmendable pero sprint es malisima

3 Ways to Clean Up Your Credit History