logo

total ripoff

Speedy-Repo
Phone: 800-953-4428
speedy-repo.com
I hire this company to locate a vehicle they had my account for 3 weeks and they
found nothing I was looking for the veh. as well i would fax over my leads .
so I found my veh and I told speedy-repo where to p/u the veh and send me a invoice. and the repo man told me i didnt find the veh where you told me I found the veh somewhere else. That was pretty strange to me, because in the 3 weeks he would call me and ask for new information and NOW all of the sudden they found this veh. So I called the customer and she told me they p/u the veh from her job the SAME address I gave the repo man not the address they gave then they sent me a bill for over $2500 that is a real joke this company is a lier and they will rip you off PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not use this company
Comments United States Other
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

6th of Jun, 2008 by   Billy +1 Votes
oh my goodness they did the same thing to me. This comany is awful I agree don't do business with them!!!
 1st of Dec, 2008 by   S.R. +1 Votes
The same happened to be when they took my car. They were trying to get me for skip tracing...which was a LIE! When I tried to get my thing from my car they were EXTREMELY rude which was uncalled for because we were just trying to get our stuff. If you are a company looking to do business with them... DON'T! They will give you a bad name!
 27th of Jan, 2009 by   John -1 Votes
Really confused by the complaints I have read. Our company has used Speedy Repo and Icu Inc. for many years with great results. Yes they charge for skip tracing but they also work contingent and never have charged this company a dime when a vehicle couldn't be located even after months of their time and effort. We have used many other companies that charge us close outs and in our opinion have never worked the case just looked for the easy close out money. We are of firm opinion that this company works hard for their fees and any vehicle they have recovered (almost all we have sent them) was well worth the cost compared to what we would lose in a charge off or pay our attorneys to take legal action
 24th of Apr, 2009 by   D & S Motors +1 Votes
they are liars ! I gave them customers address and place of employment ! Gave them info on monday and vehicle was recovered on wednesday ! was ripped with a 1640.00 dollar skip trace for what ?
 24th of Apr, 2009 by   D & S Motors +1 Votes
liars liars ! there charges are outrageous and they should be criminally charged
 14th of May, 2009 by   CINDY +1 Votes
I CALLED SPEEDY REPO ON 5/13/09 AT 5:05 P.M. MOUNTAIN TIME. THE MAN THAT ANSWERED THE PHONE DID NOT IDENTIFY HIMSELF. HE ANSWERED "SPEEDY REPO". I TOLD HIM WHO I WAS AND ASKED HIM IF HE COULD HELP ME WITH A REPO IN A CERTAIN AREA? HE SAID "YES". HE ASKED ME THE YEAR, MAKE AND MODEL. I ASKED HIM IF I COULD GET THE PRICES FIRST. HE STATED " NOT ALL CARS WILL COST THE SAME AMOUNT YOU KNOW", THEN HE GAVE A COMPARISON. HE THEN ASKED FOR THE YEAR MAKE AND MODEL AGAIN. I SAID "OK ONE MOMENT PLEASE". THAT IS LITTERALLY ALL I TOOK WAS A MOMENT TO LOOK AT IT. I GAVE HIM THE YEAR, MAKE AND MODEL AND HE SAID, "NO, WE'RE TOO BUSY FOR THAT, AND NEXT TIME YOU CALL LADY YOU BETTER HAVE YOUR ACT TOGETHER", THEN HE HUNG UP ON ME. I CALLED BACK AND ASKED FOR THE MANAGER. THE SAME GUY ANSWERED THE PHONE AND SAID, "LADY, YOU ARE AN F***ING IDIOT AND I HOPE YOU TELL YOUR MANAGER I SAID YOUR AN F***ING IDIOT. HE PROCEEDED TO YELL AT ME AND CALL ME FILTHY NAMES. I WASN'T GOING TO TAKE THE ABUSE ANYMORE AND HUNG UP ON HIM. IT IS APPAULING THAT A BUSINESS WOULD TREAT CUSTOMERS AND PROSPECTIVE CUSTOMERS LIKE THIS. I DIDN'T EVEN GET THE CHANCE TO TELL THE GUY WE HAD ALREADY HIRED HIS COMPANY TO FIND ANOTHER VEHICLE OF OURS. THE APPROPRIATE ACTIONS ARE BEING TAKEN. NEVER EVER AGAIN!!!
 14th of Jul, 2009 by   repair auditor 0 Votes
To lien holders they make you pay first in one state where their office is located & then only then will they give you location & condition RIP OFF
 22nd of Jul, 2009 by   blessd4lif 0 Votes
We hired Speedy Repo to repossess a car. Later we were able to find the car ourselves and called them to notify that we didn't need to use them. We agreed to pay them a fee for the work they had put in. Instead, they came and STOLE the car and reported it to police as finance company recovered. We are getting no help from anyone on them and are now suing. Whatever you do DO NOT use Speedy Repo.
 22nd of Jul, 2009 by   david peevyhouse 0 Votes
They are crooks ! Stole my 2004 envoy in April 2009 and i never recovered anything ! D & S MOTORS Dyersburg TN.
 22nd of Jul, 2009 by   david peevyhouse 0 Votes
this is a nigerian scam accordind to alabama authorities! they take your info and steal your cars and then ship them overseas after trying to extort money from you!
 22nd of Jul, 2009 by   david peevyhouse 0 Votes
This is david from D & S Motors In tenn. They absolutely stole my prperty! Nothing they told me checked out ! They repo a car for me in alabama and demanded That i wire them money to Surry, British Columbia! would not tell me where I could recover my merchandise ! I agreed to pay their extortion if they would tell me where to retrieve my 2004 Envoy ! I offered to drive to alabama with cash and retrieve my truck but instead they gave me a cussing and said they would sue me ! what a joke ! Here in america the authorities wont help ypu with these scams! PLEASE DONT BE FOOLED
 13th of Oct, 2009 by   peaches4526 0 Votes
This cant be a ligit company all there research I have tried to do has come up empty no tax information no credit information no better business bureau information except complaints DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY and for the one person who said good things about it is probably working for the company themselves. I have been in contact with the FBI and they are working on the case.
 24th of Feb, 2010 by   morty87 0 Votes
Wow I am currently doing business with this company and the Guy that takes the calls is very rude and he told me he was going to cancel my order b/c I asked about shipping? WTF he sounded like like what the repair auditor was stating. He also told me it would be 3-400 bucks to repo my property and they haven't recovered my property yet?
 5th of Mar, 2010 by   NationwideICURIPOFF2010 0 Votes
All the more reason to close our borders including not allow BC to do business in the US. They just pulled the same situation with my client after quoting 500.00, plus key fees and 10-days free storage. They did ask me if it was a skip and since I completed the skip myself the answer was "no." They ran the account once and located the collateral. Now here comes the bill 550.00 repossession, 42.00 keys, 90.00 lock down fee and 1200.00 skip trace/contingency. I was told that their contact was written on a 4th grade level and it just didn't get it. Rick Green refused for me to talk to Adam who made the quote and the same with Doug.

The is not over!
 5th of Mar, 2010 by   NationwideICURIPOFF2010 0 Votes
OMG! I just saw on the invoice they are now charging 60.00 a day storage unless the invoice is paid. I was quoted 10-days gee which is stand.

This really isn't over.
 3rd of Apr, 2010 by   GFS Inc 0 Votes
SCAM ARTISTS!!!They give you of price of $350 over the phone then charge you an outrageous "skiptrace" fee even after you lead them right to the car. They are total scumbags, scam artists etc. Stay away from them. Their "skiptrace" fee depends on the value of the car.
 30th of Sep, 2010 by   1stop2010 +1 Votes
ICU INC/JD RECOVERY

On 9/21/2010 Finance now, the Lien holder contacted JD Recovery to obtain information regarding prices and fees for repossession of a 2005 Buick Le Sabre from one, Lawrence Hogue. Upon request of Information, Finance Now was told the fee for Repossession was $350.00 and an additional fee of $62.00 would be applied if a key was not turned over with the vehicle. Finance Now was told to go to JD Recovery's website and print a hold harmless form. Upon reading the hold harmless it was discovered that an additional fee would be charged for skip tracing which was calculated by a percentage of the value of the collateral. A phone call was then made back to JD Recovery inquiring about the fee, upon questioning Finance Now was told that since there was a GPS location provided that No fee for Skip Tracing would be charged. On 9/22/10 JD Recovery did Inform Finance Now that the vehicle had been recovered at the given address, and an invoice would be sent over via fax. Upon receiving the fax on 9/22/10 at 2:30 pm the invoice total read as follows; REPOSSESSION: $350.00 LOCKOUT FEE: 90.00 (NOT PREVIOUSLY PROVIDED ON DAY OF INITIAL CONTACT) KEY FEE: $70.00 (WAS TOLD $62.00 ON DAY OF INITIAL CONTACT) SKIP TRACING $1, 067.00(TOLD WOULD NOT BE APPLIED BECAUSE GPS WAS PROVIDED ON INITIAL CONTACT DAY) FOR A TOTAL OF: $1, 582.00. A $1, 170.00 difference, from the original $412.00 Finance now was quoted on 9/21/2010, and also an amount that Finance Now did not authorize. Upon calling JD Recovery on 9/22/10 at approximately 2:45 pm Finance Now was told to call one, Rick Green at a provided telephone number at a company called ICU Inc. Upon talking to Mr. Green Finance Now was told that because we signed the hold harmless we were responsible to pay all fees. When it was explained to Mr. Green that there was no skip tracing done on the vehicle, and in fact there was proof on the fax that JD Recovery sent over that the vehicle was indeed picked up at the address that Finance Now had provided based upon our GPS locater in the vehicle, and that we would like proof of any and all skip tracing that was done on this vehicle before we would pay the fee's Mr. Green Stated that he did not have time to speak with us. Upon calling the San Bernardino police department, we were given the name of the actual company California Auto Recovery that had towed the vehicle to their facility at 206 S D Street San Bernardino, CA 92401, upon calling California Auto Recovery to find out if the vehicle was in fact there we were told even though we are the lien holder on the vehicle they would not tell us any information as instructed by JD Recovery. Upon calling JD Recovery back to follow up, no calls were answered and no messages have been returned regarding this matter. We believe that JD Recovery towed our vehicle and is now holding it illegally.
 16th of Sep, 2011 by   AWatson 0 Votes
I am amazed that the last complaint given on this company was back in 2010. We currently used this company by mistake and did not discover the complaints until after the fact. We were quoted an amount for a repossession. After the truck was secured and we finally received the invoice the amount was $2000 more than what was quoted. We had this corrected after we provided proof with recorded conversation the amount that was actually quoted. We attempted to have the customer pay them directly with cash at time of pick up when he had redeemed the unit and they refused. They insisted on having the payment from us through bank wire transfer and dragged their feet in getting us a corrected invoice. I believe this was in attempt to accrue more charges in their outrageous storage fees. I do not think they have an idea on how to run a business. All of the decisions are made apparently through Rick Green and you cannot get ahold of him. The owner of the company apparently is owned by a Jacob Goldstein who I feel has no clue how his business is being ran. I would not suggest this company to others nor will they have be used by our company again.
 18th of Oct, 2011 by   devonk131 0 Votes
I have the same problem i got charged $13, 000. they did not tell me about this so what should I do know
 8th of Nov, 2014 by   findingtherealyou 0 Votes
I had the same problem as the rest of you with this scam . I did a lot of research and have found out some info that may help you with your issue. The man that owns this repo service has built a BS fake repo business .. He does not own any repo trucks or any of the equipment for any of the jobs he takes on.. His company finds the cars or whatever other repo service you inquired about by looking on the internet or calling your family and saying they are some other company trying to give you money that you are owed from a past job or taxes, when they get lucky and BS someone into telling them where you or the car is they then call a real repo company and pay them to pick your car up.. They pay that company bill and in return they hold you car hostage and send you a bill 10X the amount they were charged for the same service .. They say the high bill for skip tracing but that's all BS.. Its all just a scam to take you for as much money as they can.. Well this is what i have found out about the REAL MAN who runs this scam..

Real name: David Gunn
Home adress: Root rd, north ridge ville, ohio

No Health Insurance? What To Do