logo

5050 SOUTH HAIGHWAY 17- 92
Casselberry, Florida
Phone: 407-896-8680
SPECIAL-T-TRAVEL.COM
On 3-31-08 i bought a package from special t travel they offer me package with the following :

4/3 orlando
3-2 daytona
7 day rental or 2 one day theme park ticket
orlando magic card
sterling casino cruse ticket
and offer me a bonus if i buy the package. my bonus will be 5days 4 nights cancun, mexico*******sound too good to be true huh***well let me tell you it is **I decided to book my trip to cancun with them they charge my bank account $786.00 in febuary 2009 for my trip to mexico ***due to the economicy my husband lost his job. my vacation plans change i call to cancell my trip march 5 2009. I was told to put my cancellation in righting and fax it to them. I did that march 9, 2009. I call 5 days later and was told by the a customer service rep the refund will get back to my account in 3 weeks ***3 weeks past i did not see my refund to my bank account . I decided to call 1 weeks later and happen to speak with the person who book my reservation her name is DENESE. I told her i was suppose to get a refund and i did not recieved it. she stated i need to speak with ANGIE she is the one who does refund. I was transfer to her voicemail left a message for her to call me regarding my refund 4 days have gone by and i did not get no call back. I decided to call and request to speak to ANGIE i was told to give it a week and the refund will be in my account . I call back on 5/15/09 my call was answer by DENESE i told her i did not recieved by refund yet and need to speak to ANGIE BOSS. she place me on hold and transfer me to Angie voice mail i did not leave no message. i call back right away and i get angie on the line i ask her the status on my refund she stated she did not see the refund was done and that not to worry the refund will get to me . I request to speak with her boss she stated her boss is out of town. I ask her for him phone number she said call the same number you call and ask for GARRY FIELD. I told her to transfer me to his voice mail she did . I left him a message regarding my issue and leave my phone # for him to contact me. Until today i did not get a call back . Mind you this is the owner of the company i was told by ANGIE. I think this company is a scam a bunch of liers that work there. In my life i will never do business with them again.
Comments United States Travel Agencies
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

27th of Dec, 2009 by   robin sider -1 Votes
I had a similar experience. The trip that was to only cost $799.00 ended up costing over $2000.00. READ THE FINE PRINT. Better yet, don't buy the package. There are extra charges if you do not travel during down times. Down time consists of about 50 days in the year.
 11th of Mar, 2010 by   Still_Waiting 0 Votes
I have had the same experience. After canceling with Denise was told it would take 45 to 60 days. Contacted them again, was told to contact Angie, left message and she does not return calls. 4 month's later, Still do not have refund!!

Would NOT recommend this company.
 30th of Sep, 2010 by   NSDQ160th_1_big_pissed_mofo 0 Votes
holy s**t! i was scammed to buy it and gave them my cc but i was told before they can put it thru, the verification dept has to call me to confirm. I still have not talked to the verification dept. I don't think they can charge me. the verification dept call me 3 x's trying to record my approval. i haven't done it. i told AMEX about it but they said don't worry for now.. holy f****rs!
 13th of Dec, 2010 by   jsimmo226 0 Votes
I paid 250. for 3/4 day stay in Daytona, FL. Couldn't make the date and extended it for another 250. this included a cruise to the Bahamas. Well I haven't taken the trip and they won't refund my credit card. They had the nerve to ask for more $ to extend it another year. Glad I found this website.
 21st of Dec, 2010 by   daddyjuadro 0 Votes
I am in a similar, if not exactly the same, situation as the complaint and comments posted by 13DEC10. I paid $597, went nowhere, don't want to go anywhere and don't need to explain reasons for having no desire to deal further with Special-T-Travel. A lawyer advised me to be thankful I've only lost $597.
(BEWARE, Dear Reader: Special-T-Travel doesn't care what happens to you after it collected the money from your credit card).
As I write this COMMENT, I see there are 12 other COMPLAINTS, at this website, regarding Special-T-Travel.
Please let me know if there is a class action lawsuit ... my situation goes back so many years I can't recall the details and the paperwork is buried.
 4th of Jan, 2011 by   lapiz 0 Votes
something I smell and it was not a good fish, I kind knew it was some kind of scam, I don't know how or why I fall for this, if the internet will tell you evething, I just gave my info few hrs ago on 1/03/11 and sometimes the timeshares has a good deal but after reading the review, don't like any part of it, I will cancelled everything, and thank u! for those reviews, not a good company
 16th of Jan, 2011 by   travel2011 0 Votes
December 29, 2010 through January 12, 2011. Special T Travel, t/a Travel Partners located in Jensen Beach, Fl.
I purchased the "deal" on my AMEX card. The sales person's name given to me was a certain "Harvey Rogers" who after I consented to review the package transfered me to a person for the purpose of a recorded verification. The entire process was high pressure and in my opinion unethical and unprofessional.
The package is as follows:
1.4days/3 nights in Orlando
2. Orlando magic $500 gift card
3. 7 day car rental from Enterprise at Orlando Int'l
4. 3days/2 nights Daytona Beach
5. Premium Cruise 3nights/4 days.
All I had to do was listen to a 90 minute seminar after the cruise.
I received the packet the first week in January 2011. I reviewed the information and decided not to move forward. I phoned Special T Travel and was told that I need to return the packet before a credit was issued. It was returned on January 7, 2011 certified mail with a return receipt. The return receipt was received by me January 14, 2011, with what appeared to be a certain "Angela Gum" the signature was difficult to read, however "Angela" was very clear. I notified AMEX of this incident and was issued a temp credit while AMEX opens an investigation. Stay away from this company known as Special T travel or Travel Partners.
 7th of Mar, 2011 by   Not something I need 0 Votes
Twice within less than a week I've received phone calls from Special-T Travel. The male caller told me I was notified in 2008 about this Florida vacation opportunity for up to 4 people (Orland & Daytona with an optional cruise to the Bahamas including a 90 minute timeshare presentation after the cruise) and my time to take advantage of it is expiring. For $298, they will extend the expiration for another 18 months. I explained to the guy that I already have a timeshare and have no interest in another. He assured me that all we have to do is sit through the 90 minute presentation - there's no pressure to buy because they don't want a bad reputation! Fortunately I begged off and didn't give any credit card information.
 30th of Apr, 2011 by   Frankie J 0 Votes
These morons called our home even though we're on the No-call-list. They tried to sell us a vacation package like those stated above but we told the agent we weren't going to take the deal because we wouldn't attend the 90 minute presentation. At this point the agent, who said her name was Andrea, put us on hold. Her boss Louis A. came back on and tried to scam us with the best line of BS he had but after we told him several times we weren't prepared to pay him the $299 to RESERVE our "special travel package" he hung up on us. This was a rude and childish way to handle our rejection.
I learned later that the number showing up on our caller id was actually the number for Verizon's Florida 411 information line. If they call you and you'd like to have some fun with them...when they ask you if you have any questions, ask them how they sleep at night? Or, ask them if they have any self respect and/or sense of decency?
 1st of May, 2011 by   NSDQ160th_1_big_pissed_mofo 0 Votes
bunch of coke soakers!
 11th of Jun, 2011 by   Formerspecialtworker 0 Votes
I used to work in one of the travel roomsinboca raton, owned by a Jordan Hopkins. We were told to ignore all company rules and do whatever it takes to make the sale. The things the customers were told were basically all lies. It was really crazy and I felt bad for the consumers. He uses leads from expired accounts and convinces people to rebuy the pkg they already paid for. Then on the audio taped receipt he changed the real headquarters phone number to his so people who wanna cancel can't, cause the thirty days will expire before the poor suckers will realize they aren't speaking to the HQ people. Crazy stuff man! I got out and for leaving he kept my paycheck! You can't even call HQ either, cause they don't give a crap. All they wants money money money! The head lady there is Tish and she is a real Bi**h! SO NO ONE BUY FROM THEM. THEY HAVE A "F"RATING WITH THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU! And no wonder why!
 11th of Jun, 2011 by   Formerspecialtworker 0 Votes
THE BEST WAY TO TAKE CARE OF THESE LOSERS IS TO CALL OR GO ONLINE TO THE FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE AND REPORT THEM. MOST OF THESE OFFICES HAVE NO LICENSES AND ALL THE EMPLOYEE FILES ARE ALL NOT DONE RIGHT TOO. IF THE DOA GOES IN THERE, THEY GET FINES A HUGE AMOUNT OF MONEY FOR EACH VIOLATION...SO CALL THE DOA, OR GO TO THEIR WEBSITE AND FIX THEM GOOD THAT WAY!! ASK FOR THE TOWN AND ADDRESS WHERE THEY ARE SELLING YOU FROM! GIVE THEM BACK WHAT THEY R DISHIN OUT TO YOU!!
 9th of Feb, 2012 by   B. Tate 0 Votes
I just purchased a pkg for 118 dollars, are the hotel stays any good I won't be using the cruise from what i heard it's not worth it, i feel like if i use at least two of the hotel stays in florida i will have broke even, since i only spent 118 dollars.
 9th of Feb, 2012 by   NSDQ160th_1_big_pissed_mofo 0 Votes
You must be a j@ck@ss if u thought u made a good deal... U probably won't see any damn vacation!! Ur an idiot!!
 9th of Feb, 2012 by   NSDQ160th_1_big_pissed_mofo 0 Votes
Once u give ur credit card they will charge u 10000000000 dollars! Idiot!
What a d@mbass!!
 8th of May, 2012 by   rustybrain 0 Votes
Special-T-Travel Run, Run, Run. Hang up, Don't listen to a word. This is a SCAM. They lie, they tell you anything they think you need to hear to get your money. Do Not Listen to them. They will call over and over--year after year. I called the Better Business Bureau and complained. They said they had a file on this company. This is BAD Business. Stay away from Special-T-Travel.
 8th of May, 2012 by   NSDQ160th_1_big_pissed_mofo 0 Votes
this is funny.. they only called me 1 time and almost spent 15 mins to sucker me.. but they had NO luck! ha ha!
 31st of Jul, 2012 by   VDJ 0 Votes
They told me that for "298" I could extend my package for another 18 months...a package I never knew about. This whole time I'm thinking $2.98. Finally when "Jeri" takes me thru her whole spill about how they've been in business for 19 years and here's a website you can look at all our records on (which by the way says is not an official record right at the bottom of the page), she says the words "two hundred ninety-eight" and that's when I definitely pulled the plug. She had said that she would give me her office line and when I asked for it she said "I'm not going to accept a phone call for something you thought was $3, this is a $2600 package!" and I said "You're not going to ACCEPT my phone call???!!!" and that's when SHE decided to bow out of the conversation. Wasted my time!! Then I went searching and found all these reviews. Yes, mine was supposedly paid for 18 months ago (so why am I paying $300 again??), and included 4d 3n in Orlando, $500 Orlando Magic Card, 3d 2n in Daytona Beach and a bunch of other CRAP!!
 31st of Jul, 2012 by   NSDQ160th_1_big_pissed_mofo 0 Votes
Who's gonna be the next dumb@ss??!!!

Expired Food, Wasted Money