SOUTHERN GROVE

MIXED NUTS

3.2
SOUTHERN GROVE?
Green Bay, Wisconsin
I was eating mixed nuts from Aldis, then I plucked out of my mouth a Rock that looked just like cashew. I was lucky I didn't break a tooth! I have the rock and the can of nuts it came from. Should I pursue this any farther?
Complaint comments Comments (13) Complaint country United States Complaint category Food
More SOUTHERN GROVE Complaints & Reviews
SOUTHERN GROVE - Salt & Pepper Cashews

Comments

18th of Feb, 2012 by    -1 Votes
Contact the manufacturer and continue to enjoy the rest of the nuts.
 24th of Aug, 2012 by    -1 Votes
Sounds a really stupid complaint.
 12th of Feb, 2013 by    -1 Votes
Food products like nuts shouldn't contain rocks. It's a valid complaint. Aldi promises 100% satisfaction, you should take the can of nuts, the rock, and your receipt back to Aldi and get a refund.

My complaint about the same product is a very strong taste of bleach. I've had this problem before, always with mixed nuts but from several different brands.
 12th of Feb, 2013 by    +1 Votes
I think you should notify the company. They might give you a refund and a few coupons and an apology. I have a question about banks. Can you please see my complaint and give some advice? thanks
 4th of Feb, 2015 by    +1 Votes
We bought the Southern Grove Roasted & Unsalted Sunflower Kernels Net Wt 10.5 oz, Best if used by 09/18/15. They are made with Canola oil and IT WAS RANCID!!! I would like to be able to contact the company, but there is no contact info. on the package. It only says Distributed by ALDI Inc. Batvia, IL 60510 So I'll try to find a phone # for them. This product is poisonous. Don't buy any nuts from Southern Grove. They use RANCID GMO CANOLA OIL FULL OF P"ESTI"C"IDES is what I'm guessing.
 3rd of May, 2015 by    +1 Votes
I buy the unsalted whole almonds pretty often and I'll have to say that when I'm eating them I don't sit there and examine them but tonight I happened to look at the almond and seen a little hole that went all the way thru the nut. I decided to break it open instead of putting it in my mouth and man am I glad! There was actually a worm in it! Yes it was dead and apparently dried out from how ever they process the nuts but still. Pretty gross. You can best believe I'll look at my food a little more closely before putting it in my mouth! I've attached some pictures here for everyone to see. This is no joke!
 30th of Aug, 2015 by    +1 Votes
COMPLAINT: We;ve been eating Southern Grove Deluxe Mixed Nuts for years. The product is superb. We select the 30 ox. square plastic
container. This time for the first time the TOP was plastic, a sort of a beige/gold color with slightly milled edge. I tried to open it wil no results.
then it went on the flat side down on the counter top edge and the top overhanging, still not results. I then got the square, soft plastic grabber
and weith all my might it would not open. I then tried an expandable metal tool with adjustable tension, but still not help. I was hungry for the
nightly, 5 PM Happy Hour, portion of mixed nuts. At last resort I went to the garage, opened up the bench vise to it's fullest extent and barely
got the top, up side down, into the vise. It was good that the container was plastic or it would have cracked the glass. Finally it moved and
I was able to open it up all the way. I love Southern Grove mixed nuts, as does my wife and family. BUT, I will not buy any more such a fine
appetizer with such a terrible top. It would not surprise me to hear of more such complaints. this story will l go to Aldi's as well. Please do
change the top to the older type top. George Persons, Charlotte, NC
 28th of Jan, 2016 by    0 Votes
I bought a bag of mountain trail mix the bag states Peanuts, Raisin, Milk chocolate candies, Almonds and cashews purchased at Aldi es in fox Lake illinois there were absolutely NO ALMONDS OR CASHEWS. NO CONTACT INFO EITHER WHICH IN MY OPINION IS WRONG
 12th of Mar, 2016 by    0 Votes
We bought a bag of Southern Grove Mountain Trail Mix (Best if used by Dec 29, 2016) and it tasted absolutely horrible. It had a really strong chemical taste to it...Threw out the entire bag!
 12th of Mar, 2016 by    0 Votes
The Trail mix from southern grove was recalled in November because of glass in them. https://corporate.aldi.us/fileadmin/fm-dam/news_and_awards/Press_Release_2015/On...
 16th of Apr, 2016 by    0 Votes
I would like the phone number to clarify that the banana chips are safe for people with nut allergies. If the package is correct, they are ok. I would rather talk to someone. It's terrible to have allergies and be afraid to eat something.
 27th of Jul, 2016 by    0 Votes
What store carry tuscan trail mix in area code 32538?
 17th of Aug, 2016 by    0 Votes
I usually buy the 30 oz, container of mixed nuts without peanuts every month, however, i this month i had to cut corners on my spending, so i bought the 10 oz. Can of southern grove mixed nuts with peanuts from aldi. I waited to open them as a special treat, so when i couldn't hold off the craving any longer, i popped the tightly sealed lid, only to find that the nuts and the legumes (peanuts) were completely dried out and hard as rocks. I could not eat them, i did not want to even feed them to my macaw. What a shame, the price of food continues to rise and the quality continues to worsen. I looked at the list of ingredients and i'm curious as to why would anyone put sunflower seed or canola oil in with the nuts, when nuts produce their own oil which is far better for human consumption than those oils all mixed together. Nuts should be a healthy to eat, but the mixing of oils add calories and cause obesity as well as other health issues.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree