logo

Kirkland Ground Saigon Cinnamon
Plastic Cover Under Cap falls Off
5. (1 hr 18 mins ago)
Safety Pro ( Fireproof it
Scam people with money making oppertunity

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Sonic Electronix, California Complaints & Reviews - FRAUD AND SCAM - SONIC ELECTRONIX

Sonic Electronix Contacts & Informations

Sonic Electronix

Posted:    roger43112

FRAUD AND SCAM - SONIC ELECTRONIX

Sonix Electronix
California
Do not use this company. SonicElectronix is a scam. I was sold a Jensen unit that used and not new. After installing the product we noticed scratches and the remote as not working. After inspecting the box carefully a disclaimer on the box stating this is unit was opened and not used for Sonic Electronix to use as a display model for there website. When I purchased this product I was told it was brand new. If a product is opened and tampered with that is considered open box. After contact Sonic Electronix and being told that I would be getting a discount or a free steering wheel control I never got a call back. I was constantly told that a manager would call me and this never happened. I have submitted numerous tickets to there RMA department without any luck. Here is a fair warning when prices are cheap there is a reason why its cheap. Alot of companies out there are selling refurbished or used equipment as new. And http://www.sonicelectronix.com/ is one of them. Because I have already spent over 250.00 installing this unit I am pretty much stuck with a stratched unit and a remote that doesn't work. I suggest you search "sonic electronix scam" and you will see alot of bad reviews about this company. I believe all the good reviews were written by the staff at Sonix Electronix. If you end up having a problem with this company they will never return your call. Save yourself the headache and buy from a reputable dealer! THIS COMPANY IS WORTHLESS!!!
Comments United States Scam & Fake Checks
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

20th of Jul, 2009 by   bLinkee 0 Votes
Sonicelectronix is definitely not a scam site. My friends and I have used that site many many times. We have never gotten scammed. Before you bought your refurbished/opened product, it had a policy saying that there may be scratches and such. A refurbished product means that it's been used and then returned. They ship it back to the manufacturer to fix up the hardware and not the external casing. They have tested the product. You should e-mail them if you can't contact them via phone. They reply to my e-mails after a day or two. I'm not sure what happened to you. So bad bad luck heh. Again, many people use that site and there aren't any problems.
 6th of Sep, 2009 by   aLFREDMONDO 0 Votes
AWE FULL COMPANY, DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM.
They only shipped me 1 set of speakers, I paid for 2! I called explaining the missing merchandise and they said they would have to open an investigation and I would have to wait a week until the investigation is completed and they decide what to do. Still waiting. Sales rep said they shipped both sets because each set weighs 6 pounds and they recorded shipping 12 pounds. Well...the label says 11 pounds including the box and a whole bunch of filler peanuts. With the filler there is not enough room for another set and the box did not look tampered with. They probably printed the shipping label at their store, a shady employee removed a speaker set and then shipped it out the door.

If I get any resolution at all, from what it sounds like, it will probably be 3 weeks away. About to refute charges and call BBB.

If issue gets resolved in a timely manner I'll post a better review.
 29th of Mar, 2010 by   kanajo 0 Votes
I disagree about this company being a scam, but I have had nothing but problems with this company. My first order, the product was not as described, so the company gave me $40.00 in Sonic Bucks, and that is an in store credit. My second order I placed on March 1st ended up being the wrong color. I ordered beige and they sent me black. They paid for me to ship the item back and I eventually received the correct item on March 22nd. They offered me $20.00 in Sonic bucks this time, but I told them that it was not necessary, as I would never do business with them again. I gave them two chances and they messed them both up. Now I will let everyone I know about the problems I have had with this company, and that I will never again be doing business with Sonic Electronix. I do not believe they are a scam, but they are still not a very good company.
 8th of Jun, 2010 by   Anonymousposter 0 Votes
The reason that items come open is that some or most manufacturers do not honor the warranties that are on items sold through discount sites like these. Ask any reputable audio store. That is the trade off for buying such deeply discounted items. I have had good service and I'm likely to use them again.
 8th of Jun, 2010 by   kanajo -1 Votes
Well Sonicelectronix really came through for me. They took care of everything and even paid for all the shipping. Sonicelectronix completely put their policy aside and made everything right for me. I am happy with their efforts and will definately shop with them again.
 2nd of Apr, 2011 by   Thugology101 -1 Votes
Ive used this company repeatedly for years. My daughter and son-in-law have both used them separately. Looking back at my order history I have 9 transactions, and these are not small miscellaneous purchases. I know there are several others with the kids. Every single one has been perfectly executed. The right parts, the right shipping times, perfect condition when they get here. I do not purchase "open box" "demo" or "refurbished" so I expect new and have gotten new every time. This definitely is NOT a scam/rip-off/con company. I read the reviews, I look for reviews for the same model numbers on independent sites, weigh features and make smart purchases - I have never felt let down, ripped off, or disappointed. And I know for a fact Hifonics and Kicker will honor the warranties.. since Sonic Electronix IS an authorized dealer most major companies will.
 20th of Aug, 2011 by   Consumer Protector Group +1 Votes
Sonic Scamtronix?

Been burnt big time.
Never again.
I even locked up my ten foot pole.

I have pages of their deceptive emails as evidence.
PayPal agreed with me and fully refunded my money. But only after a month of scamming support staff trying to shut me down.

As an Australian I will never do business with Sonic Scamtronix or the US again.
 23rd of Sep, 2011 by   Haul +1 Votes
I've ordered multiple items from them and they are either not working of physically defective! I first ordered an amplifier from them that had issues when using the pass-through port. I sent it back and they said they would have to "Test it" to make sure it was defective. Of course they said it wasn't and when I called they said they would re-test it again with the exact setup I had going. Again it was found not defective and they charged me another "testing fee". I paid for the return of the item and I get it back and the amplifier is scratched and there are parts of it laying in the box and it had no outer plastic wrapper on it! I certainly did not send it back that way and I didn't expect to get it back that way either! After getting it back I hooked it up and the same problem occurred as before. I took the amp to a local shop and they tested it and found the same problem as me and recommended I send it back. I sent it back as damaged in shipping and they gave me store credit. I then ordered an iPod cable and an HDMI cable and they both are defective! And they are expecting me to pay return shipping for their junk products that they claim are in working order. Never again will I buy anything but cheap speaker from this company. Do yourself a favor and buy from someone else, the hassle of returns is just not worth it. After you factor in shipping and return shipping for the junk product you could have bought it locally for the same price or even cheaper! Stay away from Sonic!
 23rd of Jan, 2012 by   RDMJ 0 Votes
I WILL NEVER BUY FROM SONIC...THE CEO OF THE COMPANY IS A BIG FAT JOKE...
 9th of Oct, 2014 by   Nagwan 0 Votes
Hello Everyone,
I'm international customer,
(Sonic Electronix, Inc) cannot guarantee the customer needs and satisfaction that is mean (Sonic Electronix, Inc) not good trusted company and I will let all the people know how you deal with new customers, i will search how can I make complaint about this company and I don't like (Sonic Electronix, Inc)and I will complaint about(Sonic Electronix, Inc)Because They Hold The Money From The Credit Card For Ten Days, And They Sold The Last Pieces Of The Products That I Paid For It By My Credit Card, So They Waste My Time, All That For What For Photocopiers Of My Credit Card And Valid I.D, And I Have Been Sent All That. They Didn't Inform Me About That Before I Pay From My Credit Card And After They Hold The Money From My Credit Card They Inform Me That They Need Credit Card Authorization/Fax Verification And Not Just That Only They Start To Sell The Products That I Paid For It Because It Was The Last Piece In Stock And After Almost Two Weeks They Didn't Start To Ship My Order And They Have A Slow Respond.

3 Top Tips for Finding College Aid