logo

WWICS
IMMIGRATION SCAM
4. (23 mins ago)
Cincinnati Bell Fioptics
Selling a service and not providing it
5. (24 mins ago)
Canon

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

ShopNBC Complaints & Reviews - Scam and rip off!

ShopNBC Contacts & Informations

ShopNBC

Posted:    peter contos

Scam and rip off!

ShopNBC
www.OnRebate.biz
Never received $100.00 rebate as per confirmation received from OnRebate.biz.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

7th of Oct, 2009 by   professor 0 Votes
I agree that ShopNBC is running a scam. I also think that they are in collusion with the crapy rebate company.

I purchased a 17in Toshiba Laptop which I hate, so I gave it away, but that another story!! I sent the required documentation for the REBATE back in July, 2009. It is now, October 7, 2009 and I still have not received the rebate!!! I have placed numerous telephone calls to both the Rebate Company and ShopNBC, without any resolution. The Rebate company tells me that the rebate was sent. during the next telephone call, 'm told that the rebate will be sent this week. During the next phone call, I'm told that its waiting to be sent from their Bulk Mail Area. Obviously they are lying each time I call because I get a different answer from each person I speak to and still NO Rebate yet!!

Based uon my experience, I have concluded that ShopNBC's Rebate Offer is just a scam and that once you make the purchase, it's so difficult to obtain the rebate, ShopNBC hopes that you will just give up and forger about receiving it. WELL, I'M NOT!! I am sending a complaint to the Consumer Affairs Department of the Attorney General's office in the State of Arizona, were the Crapy Rebate Company is located as well as the State in which ShopNBC headquarters is located.

Last year I ran into a similar problem in receiving a rebate on a Bigscreen TV. So, I pretty sure the delay in receiving the rebates are their standard opporating proceedure of cheating their customers out of the advertised rebates. I sincerely believe that their plan is to make it so difficult for you to actually receive the rebate, that they hope you will just throw-in the towel and give up. But NOT me!!! Needless to day, I will NEVER purchase anything else from that lying company again or buy another Toshiba product. The laptop has so many popup screens asking "are you sure, you want to do that" that it was so time consuming just to get to my email, that I gave the laptop away remain a loyal Compaq customer. I have always been happy with the quality and reliability of Compaq and purchased the Toshiba because of the advertised $200 rebate incentive, which so far, I have not received after 3 months of telephone call and asking about it!!! Who has time for these games? Shame on ShopNBC and shame on me for thinking there was actually some measure of Truth in Advertising!!!

Nigerian Students, Scammers Nabbed in Malaysia