logo

PARCEL HOLD

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Shelter Logic Complaints & Reviews - Replacement parts!

Shelter Logic Contacts & Informations

Shelter Logic

Posted:    RealDogs

Replacement parts!

Shelter Logic
I purchased a 10x15 Shelter Logic Logic pop-up canopy to use for club activities. After a cross wind caused a leg to break, I Shelter Logic to see if I could get replacement parts. After asking me for model number and parts numbers, they stated they DO NOT support ANY of the pop-ups they sell. If this had been stated anywhere on their site, I would not have spent $200 for what is now sitting in a bag, completely unusable. Buyer beware!
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of May, 2009 by   JLortie 0 Votes
I totally agree. I use to work for one of their distributors and needless to say, I saw enough in 5 months there to want to high tail it! Buyer beware is right, the product is no good and the service is worse.
 3rd of May, 2009 by   JLortie 0 Votes
I totally agree. I use to work for one of their distributor. Needless to say, I only stayed 5 months. That was long enough to realize that I could not possibly work for a company with a "poor" and misleading product. It's all about sales, and customer service means nothing... I just had to go as it goes against everything I know and believe.
 26th of Aug, 2009 by   nogoats 0 Votes
I've used the 12x12 ShelterLogic maybe six times. A truss bar broke. When calling the 800 number they tell you no parts are available. How do they build them in the first place without parts? $300 wasted. Next one I buy will be a cheap off-brand. Why spend the money if it can't be repaired?
 2nd of Sep, 2009 by   Gerhan 0 Votes
Hello,
If someone has a 10X15 ft Pop Up canopy and they can't use it, I need to purchase a part off of the Pop Up.

I need the corner side.

Can you help?

Joan
 3rd of Mar, 2010 by   Marco Ferreira 0 Votes
JUNK, JUNK, JUNK! Had mine 6 less than 1 year. Collapsed with 3 inches of snow on it!
 8th of Feb, 2011 by   Fred Jack 0 Votes
Bought a garage type at Canadian Tire. Canadian Tire doesn't have replacement parts--you have to phone the 1-800 number, at Shelter Logic, and they aren't much help--especially when you ask about the price for a small part. (one corner leg piece). Part relatively cheap, but VERY expensive to send. No wonder they don't have their dealers carry replacement parts--that's how they make their money. Not very sturdy parts, and the only place to get replacement parts, that they charge lots to package.
 14th of Dec, 2011 by   Daniel Weiss 0 Votes
I just purchased a new 10X20 and it was missing a crossbar 599 and has a hole in the door were it was folded and the pipes wore a the hole in it during shipping. bottom line brand new and defected. Shelter logic will not respond. We should hire a lawyer and place a class action suite on them.
 14th of Dec, 2011 by   Daniel Weiss 0 Votes
I think we should hire a Lawyer.
 2nd of Dec, 2012 by   CMinior1 0 Votes
I've owned my 20x12 house style for only 2 years. It's coming apart at the peak and at all the eave bends. What a piece of junk. These products were fairly good about 10 years ago until they were bought out by the current owner. My dad has one of the old ones and it's still together without any tears. Another example of a good product screwed up by greedy (new) owners!
 1st of Aug, 2013 by   Buyrestore 0 Votes
I spent $2800.00 on a shelter and the top has tons of pin holes after 5 years. They want me to pat $800.00 now because I misplaced my bill of sale and they cant even tell me the contact number for the dealer. The warranty is 10 years.
 18th of Nov, 2014 by   Don Quixote de la Mancha 0 Votes
I've been using the 10x20 AutoShelter with 2" supports. Covers last less than 2years in south Florida. Ridiculous that none of their distributors carry the replacment cover kit 800463 or the cover alone 11312. ShelterLogic has no stock on either, ostensibly until 2 weeks from today. I bought another 10x20 shelter but it now was skinnier poles and covers are not the same. One set of brackets was missing in my new kit and they sent out replacments ... via ground. Thick canvas tarp material for the cover would be better in my opinion but surely the kit would end up costing more. How bout as an option guys ?

11 useful tips for how to use The Secret