Seventh Avenue

Posted:

Credit Scam

3.9
Maryland
I am complaining about Seventh Avenue Revolving Charge Credit. I received a catalog advising me that I was pre-approved for $400 credit. When I returned the order form to use $200 of my available, in order to begin building my revolving credit, I was called one time to confirm the amount of my monthly income. When I did this I was informed that my order would be shipped out that following Friday, to arrive in 7-10 business days. That was Feb 18th. My order never arrived and was never shipped. Every time I call Seventh Avenue to speak with their credit dept, the recorded message tells me they are busy serving other customers, and to please call back at a later time. This has happened to me every time I call for the last 2 weeks-- every time of the day-- morning, afternoon, evening. I am very suspicious that this alleged "credit office" does not even exist? Perhaps, the business known as "Seventh Avenue" does not even exist? That means that I have filled out the preliminary application with my social security number to be used perhaps in some phishing scam? Please investigate what is going on with this company? I do not have bad credit. I just received my latest Credit Bureau report from all 3 credit reporting agencies, showing that I have no outstanding debts, no pendng collections, no judgments, absolutely NOTHING derogatory. My record is squeaky clean! Since my credit worthiness is not the issue, what is going on with Seventh Avenue? Why did they pre-approve me for $400? And why can't I utilize part of this pre-approval for a purchase? And why is their Credit Office avoiding their Customers' calls? This appears to be a very serious credit scam in the making! Please investigate ASAP! My contact information is on the bottom of this communication:

Nancy J. Bussey
TakeChargeGal@yahoo.com
phone: 301-592-8004
Complaint comments Comments (2) Complaint country United States Complaint category Other

Comments

12th of Feb, 2012 by    0 Votes

Seventh Avenue - Spent $32.95 and I have nothing to show for it
Seventh Avenue

I ordered two shelving units. I knew they were overpriced but I liked the way they looked so I ordered them anyway. I made the first payment on them of $20. When I later opened them, I spent over an hour just trying to do the first couple steps of assembly. They did not fit well and I could not get them together. So I sent them back and asked for a refund. I had to pay $15 to return them. When I called about my refund, I was told I will only get $2.05 back. I said I paid $20 and the CSR said I had to cover the cost of their shipping. I said "So I had to pay the shipping there and back?" She basically said yes, and asked why I thought they should absorb the cost. I said most companies do, and not only that, but many places send a shipping label or let you return things COD if you are not happy. She still said "Why should we absorb the cost of shipping?" I just hung up on her, knowing the useless argument could go on all day.

DO NOT order from this company. So now I have paid $17.95 for them to ship something to me, and $15 for me to ship it back. That is $32.95 and I have nothing to show for it. And by the way, I am still waiting for my measly $2.05!
 28th of Jan, 2013 by    0 Votes
Yes they did me the same way, except they wanted me to send a payment. I also found out they use another name and # you can get hold of an person. Good Luck

Phone: (608) 328-8400