logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
Fibreglass Pools SA
Pool incorrectly installed, paving not supplied
2. (17 mins ago)
Zamgold.com- Fraud Warning!
Zamgold.com- Fraud Warning!
3. (36 mins ago)
MMOGA
Non delivery
4. (36 mins ago)
Fubar.com
This site is one of two of the biggest "scam sites" that I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with
5. (1 hr 36 mins ago)

Sensa

Posted: 2011-04-10 by    Janice Thompkins

side effects

Sensa
This new found diet craze "Sensa" has not only put me in the hospital with a gal bladder attack is it has also effected my heart. My heart is enlarged and is having to be treated with medicatios. I only lost 2 pounds after using religeously for 5 weeks. It seems I cannot find a website to cancel any further charges to my card. Please out any information I can use to "Cancel" Thank you and
Janice Thompkins
Comments United States Diet Products
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

23rd of Apr, 2011 by   ronalreadytaken +2 Votes
I'm fat, I'm a nurse. Being fat puts me at risk for gallbladder attacks and just about every king of heart ailment you can think of. An enlarged heart does not happen overnight. It is most often the result of high blood pressure over a period of years as our poor hearts try to push blood out againt all the resistance created by all the fat. If you lose weight you may improve the heart enlargement and gallbladder attacks. FAt, not Sensa is the problem
 13th of May, 2011 by   sassyred58 +1 Votes
Sensa makes you sick it is the product, one may be fat, but, that is why people are trying it, why would anyone skinny try a diet product!!Anyone overwieght tries new diet products, it is called dieting products.
 5th of Jun, 2011 by   jenniferteague03 0 Votes
i tried to cancel before the 30 days
 15th of Sep, 2011 by   Kenneth B -2 Votes
Just pass my 30 day trial (9/10) )Saturday and the following day after using Sensa that morning my sight started going Hazy and very sensitive to light. My blood pressure is almost 20 pts above my norm. My breathing slightly abnormal. You do feel tightness in the chest and No did not lose any weight on this product. All week long, been to my eye dr, retina specialist, and my physician. Did this to check my vitals and make sure this is not permanent damage to my vision.
I wouldn't recommend this product to any one. Diet and Exercise I recommend.
 29th of Sep, 2011 by   FastFoodFan 0 Votes
Placebo effect can go in a positive OR a negative direction. If you are afraid of something, you can create a feeling of fear and can experience negative placebo symptoms. If you feel excited and optimistic or hopeful, you can have positive placebo symptoms. The ingredients list for Sensa looks a lot like all the same kinds of filler and ingredients found in packaged foods like Mac & Cheese, frozen meals, and candies. I personally have been on a medicine that made me feel hungry for snacks and meals all the time, many, many times a day. After sprinkling Sensa on my food for a few days, which I was extremely skeptical about, my cravings for snacks have disappeared by about 75%. I don't wake up in the morning feeling like I'm starving and need to eat that very moment. I didn't expect it to work, but it is possible that it's a positive placebo effect. It's also possible that Sensa really does send messages to the hunger centers of your brain. Over time, if I stop eating snacks all the time, my weight would go down. I think the negative comments about Sensa's claim of "not having to change" any of your habits are valid--but I also think that if you feel comfortable without snacks or large meals, over time, you are going to discover that your habits will change without your active focus on making the changes. Since it is considered a seasoning, I plan to use my free trial of Sensa to reduce my medically induced food cravings, but my primary weight loss program has always been Weight Watchers, which allows me to determine what are reasonable and healthy quantities of food to eat, and I don't have to spend a lot of money on special materials. I have lost 50 lbs eating fast food within reason while on Weight Watchers alone. As for Sensa being tasteless, it actually does have flavor, but it's very light--I've only tasted Month 1, but the salty one seems kind of oniony, and the sweet one is definitely strawberry flavor.
 5th of Oct, 2011 by   huhuh 0 Votes
Have lost 70 pounds with exercising and watching what I eat. I feel every diet plan encourages weight loss but ultimately its the consumers decision on whether they make. Necessary changes. If u really really want to loose weight greedy hamburgees and chunky chocolate cake seems like minor things to give up especially ially for your health. Sensation seems safe and if may even trick your senses into believing your full but anything messing around with me neurological is a side effect itself
 4th of Nov, 2011 by   GrannyNan 0 Votes
Seven weeks of Sensa lead to extreme sharp pains on my right side. Gas, bloating, digestive problems, constipation, diarrhea, belching, sharp pains between my shoulder blades led me to the doctor. I never even suspected it was the Sensa. I was not afraid to use it at all and it did reduce my cravings for food, now to the point I can hardly eat at all without feeling sick. You will lose weight because you are too sick to eat!
 19th of Nov, 2011 by   Sndyjo +1 Votes
Just finished 9 days of tests in the hospital trying to determine why my eyes and skin have turned yellow. My bellirubin levels are off the chart as well as are other liver 'numbers' So far, all tests have failed to produce a cause for my condition other than a 'problem' with my liver and they have tried everything about everything... MRI, CT, unending blood-work, biopsy, ultrasound etc. I started using Sensa about 5 months ago and have used it religiously till I discovered the change in my skin color and the whites of my eyes becoming yellow. At this point in time the consensus of the doctors is that Sensa may well be the cause. Anyone else experience any of these symptoms or results? Thanks
 10th of Dec, 2011 by   Charlie11 0 Votes
I had only used Sensa for a day and that evening I began to itch around my ear and along the back of my neck. The next morning I still had a itchy rash around my hairline and further up on my scalp. I took some benadryl with little relief. I continued using the Sensa throughout the day because I had not made a connection between the two...until the morning of day three. The rash is all over my body! It itches and just looks bad. The only thing I've done different is sprinkle Sensa on my food. I called the company and told them the problem. The operator gave me the "magic return number" but told me to make sure to track my return because even though I called, if the box got lost they would still charge me regardless of what side effects I had. Wow! But at the moment I'm just curious if anybody else has had skin, rash type symptoms from this product?
 22nd of Dec, 2011 by   Lillian Thomas 0 Votes
I used Sensa for three days and begin to feel nausea and start having head-ache which i do not have! also start having tightness in my neck and my shoulder. Still having feel bad. I recommend please do not use this product. They still want to charge me i had to pay to ship it back. I was on the trial period. Will not use it again! Big Mistake,

LT
Ga.
 7th of Jan, 2012 by   Lynn Schaeffer 0 Votes
I had begun using Sensa with dinner, and the next afternoon, after use with three meals, began serious itching when I urinated, subsiding after approximately 15 minutes. Later that afternoon, I drank one of the SensaQuench drinks and after approximately 30 minutes, began itching on both hands and, to a lesser extent, my feet, growing more serious until I was nearly frantic. I used hand lotion to no effect, ice packs with some effect and, finally after three hours of torment, an antihistamine which appeared to relieve the symptoms. While I can't claim that Sensa was definitely the cause, the symptoms were unprecedented in my experience and my use of Sensa was the only change in my routine. I am discontinuing my use of Sensa and would advise others to be very careful in its use and to have ice packs and an antihistamine handy when you start.
 1st of Feb, 2012 by   naenoodles 0 Votes
I HAVE TIGHTNESS IN MY CHEST, FEELS LIKE HEART PAIN!! WENT TO MY CARDIO AND THEY FOUND NOTHING :( IM NOT CRAZY, NO ONE ON THIS SITE WITH THESE COMPLAINTS ARE CRAZY...IT IS NOT ALL IN OUR HEADS...SENSA IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE AND NOT BE KILLING YOU AT THE SAME TIME. I WAS 2 MINS INTO MY MEAL AND THOUGHT I WAS ABOUT TO HAVE A HEART ATTACK! IM HAVING TIGHTNESS NOW WHILE TYPING ABOUT IT :/ ...I FEEL THIS IS A DANGEROUS PRODUCT FOR THOSE WITH POSSIBLE UNDERLYING HEART, NEUROLOGICAL, AND STOMACH ISSUES. I HAVE ALL THREE..AFIB, EPILEPSY, AND IBS..WHAT A MIX! I ALSO HAVE NOT LOST A POUND..I WILL LOSE WEIGHT BY WORRYING IF IM GONNA DIE FROM THIS CRAP! TO STOP THE WEIGHT LOSS AND WORRYING, IM NOT GOING TO USE IT ANYMORE. MAKES NO SENS(A)..LOL!
 23rd of Feb, 2012 by   Cindy Owen +1 Votes
Recent problems lead me believe that Sensa can cause the pituitary and hypothalamus to adversely affect thyroid. After using Sensa for 30 days I've developed acne ( I've never had acne, not even as a teenager), very dry hair, a sore throat, I feel cold even in a normally heated room and I have less energy than a month ago. Sensa did help a little in reducing cravings and assisting weight loss, but I am now concerned it could be harmful to me. Of course I will check in with my Dr., but I am wondering if anyone else had these symptoms in conjunction with using Sensa.
 26th of Feb, 2012 by   MinFlo 0 Votes
I am in charge of regulatory affairs at a pharmaceutical company. Yesterday, I went to my friend's place, and found a box of Sensa. She was about to return the product to the seller. Fortunately she has never used the product because she realized that it was a scam. She asked me why this product has been approved by FDA. I answered that dietary supplements do not need to be approved by FDA as far as the ingredients are in the GRAS (generally recognized as safe) list. but of course it still may make you sick depending on the quantity of the ingredients. Besides, if it is not a drug but a dietary supplement, it cannot claim the medical effect.
If you have used Sensa and unfortunately got sick, I recommend you to report it to FDA: http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/HowToReport/ucm053074.htm
You can report your problem, even if it is not medically confirmed to be related to Sensa.
 8th of Mar, 2012 by   AJ351 +1 Votes
I just started SENSA, this is only my third day. I am having headaches and my tongue is a little numb and tingly. I will be calling today and returning This product. I guess if it is that easy as sprinkling your food, it is too good to be true.
 13th of Mar, 2012 by   C2T3 0 Votes
Anyone feel like a frog is trying to crawl up your throat after using it or almost like a sensation of heart burn before that?
 16th of Mar, 2012 by   NEVER USE SENSA AGAIN 0 Votes
Just used it once and got itchy throat and my face flused, had a headache and felt just drained and terrible hours after. I don't recommend this to anyone! DON'T EVEN TRY IT. IT'S NOT WORTH IT!
 18th of Mar, 2012 by   Fullback 0 Votes
I have used Sensa for 4 weeks now, after the first few days i started to get dizzy (light headed) had full blood test done and a physical last week EKG too and everything is normal i get light headed once in a while, like when i get up from sleeping, or when laying down and rolling my head to one side, the effects go away after few second Any one with such symptoms. I am overweight by 25 LBS or so so far i have lost 8 LBS in 4 weeks i do exercise soooo not sure ?? oh ya some mentioned tightness in the chest, i get that too, but when i take a Antacid tablet the tightness goes away, my doctor after reading the back of the Sensa container says the ingredients in the SENSA is basically CHALK
 24th of Mar, 2012 by   FloraD +1 Votes
I started Sensa two months ago and noticed that week two after using Sensa i was having stuffy and runny nose. I thought it was the weather. Third week, my glands got swollen developed a dry couph i was gasping for air, went to the ER, they couldnt find anything went on antibiotics. Fourth week, it developed into a chronic couph. now i'm going on my 7th week, went to the ER again they did X-Rays & CT, all is clear, TG. Dr. said it is probably an allergy that my body is fighting..Now, im taking all kinds Medications, steriods, puffer, until and hope i recoouperate real soon. I believe that by taking Sensa there was an engredient that its causing this misterious couph that it cannot be pin pointed. i Checked the engredients and reaction from the color and silica, it shows signs of bronchial to develop into something serious. my suggestion dont take any products unless you research the ingredients first, and if anyone has similar effects please answer to my comments.. so we can try to stop people taking this product that can seriously harm them.
 24th of Mar, 2012 by   FloraD +2 Votes
SENSA SIDE EFFECT
I started Sensa two monthes ago and noticed that week two after using Sensa i was having stuffy and runny nose. I thought it was the weatheer. Third week, my glands got swollen developed a dry cough i was gasping for air, went to the ER, the dr. couldn't find anything wrong and prescribed antibiotics. Fourth week, It developed into a chronic cough. now I'm going on my 7the week, went to thee ER again they did serious of test to include X-Rays & CT, results are all clear, thank god. Dr. said it is probably an allergy reaction that my body is fighting and developed into chronic cough..Now, I'm taking all kinds Medications, steroids, puffer, until and hope i recuperate real soon. I believe that SENSA has an ingredient that its causing this mysterious cough that cannot be pin pointed. i researched some of the ingredients and reaction from the "Carmine" which is the a food dy found in this product can cause a reaction. and "Silica" it shows signs of bronchial to develop into sometheing serious. my suggestion don't take this product or any products unless you research thee ingredients first, and if anyone has sI'milar effects please answer to my comments.. so we can try to stop people taking this product that can seriously harm them.

Insurance on Campus