logo

CreateSpace
Scammers
3. (19 mins ago)
americanbestlocksmith.com
They worked slowly and the prices were too high
4. (37 mins ago)
Maccorp Czech s.r.o.
very high level of commission (service fee) on currency exchange
5. (41 mins ago)
Bala Govender & Sons
Day Light Robbery

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Senior Helpers Complaints & Reviews - Refuse to honor promises, Failure to investigate possible client abuse

Senior Helpers Contacts & Informations

Senior Helpers

Posted:    JacR01

Refuse to honor promises, Failure to investigate possible client abuse

Senior Helpers
Please record the following grievances against Senior Helpers:

1. After admitting responsibility to pay for damages to our vehicle causes by one of their clients and after requesting me to get 2 estimates for the repairs Senior Helpers has failed to pay for the damages and expenses.

2. After being told that a Client was afraid of their daughter, Senior Helpers did nothing to investigate the claims nor did they alert any state authorities

3. After being told of the same daughter's aggressive outburst of bringing a tire into the home and throwing it at their mother's feet in a fit of anger, Senior Helpers did nothing to investigate the claim or alert the state authorities.

4. After being told that the same daughter physically blocked their employee from leaving, Senior Helpers again did nothing to investigate the claim. All they did was tell the employee; "We'll we weren't there."

5. When their employee had no further work to do and their clients were tired and wanted to sleep, said employee wanted to go home instead of making the client pay for her to sit while they were sleeping. After learning of the employees decision to treat the client fairly Senior Helpers told the employee, they didn't care, she needs to put the hours in anyway so they can bill the hours. Thus showing that their accounts receivable is more important than their clients receiving fair and honest service.

6. After being told of the client's daughter's negative change in behavior in the way they treated their mother soon after gaining power of attorney, Senior Helpers again did nothing to investigate the claims or alert the authority.

It is our opinion that this firm cares more about their own financial gain than they do in fulfilling their financial obligations and making sure their clients and employees are treated in a fair and safe manner.

PS. This letter was not written in haste as Senior Helpers was given notice of our intent to file this grievance and given ample time to bring correction to the matters mentioned. To date the only statement from them (after we called them) was that their insurance company would call us the next day. That never happened.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

13th of Dec, 2010 by   ducati_girl615 0 Votes
I am a employee of Senior Helpers and agree 100%.I myself have had situations of concern and was told that they would do mediation and nothing was done.I also know that they charge the clients different fees according to what they think they should pay... by looking at the address to where a client lives.They are very money hungry people who could care less about the client or the caregiver.The training they claim they give us would be laughable if it were'nt for the fact that we are talking about seniors here..They are suppose to do mediations with the clients every so many months but they do not.All they care about is you sitting there getting those hours so they can send you a bill.Please DO NOT be fooled by the smiles and the talk of church from these people.They have one agenda and that's getting you or your loved one to write a check.People please if you care at all for your loved ones research the business thoroughly before putting your love ones in their hands.I am only with them because I love my client and she and her family counts on me to be there...Remember YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!! They will claim they are the highest paid sitter service out there, but trust me THEY ARE NOT..I also work with another company who I feel really cares about the client as well as the caregiver.They have counselors and clergy on hand 24 hours a day if you become stressed or concerned, so we do have honest people out there...
 13th of Dec, 2010 by   teacher1 0 Votes
I would like to know the "other" company who we CAN trust!
 22nd of Dec, 2010 by   SHSpyguard 0 Votes
I sounds to me like your are in a situation that could be very costly to you seeing that you signed a Non-compete form with your former employer. Is is best to 'research' whom is reading these postings.
 22nd of Jan, 2011 by   doctor mander 0 Votes
I hired Senior Helpers of Pa. and on several occasions nobody showed up to care for my Father and the company didn't even know about it-my Dad could have died. They also stalked him after he went to a rehab facility to check on him after they no longer worked for me.They hired my husband for a couple of weeks and although his clients loved him-they lied and said there was a complaint that never happened. They lied about their medical insurance plan and are only out for money-DON"T USE THIS UNPROFESSIONAL COMPANY -signed ; a very disgusted client
 22nd of Mar, 2012 by   a loving caregiver 0 Votes
i work for senior helpers of dayton and i can tell you that they only care about getting paid. They dont care about their employees or clients it is very hard to get up and go to work for 8.00 a hour and do what they expect of us. They have no pay increasement so you make the same when you start as when you leave i would quit butb i love my client and her family as if they was my own and couldnt think of not seeing them i am in a contract so i couldnt quit and still work for them so i am stuck please think long and hard about who you hire to care for your loved one and also they dont even drug test so some druggie could be taking care of your loved one just thought you should now
 6th of Jun, 2012 by   JmRoss 0 Votes
I don't know what Senior Helpers you work for, but I had worked for the Senior Helpers in Ann Arbor, Michigan for two years and during this time have never heard of anything like the person making the complaint has said. Senior Helpers is a franchise, so why dont you address the specific location instead of complaining about the whole company!
 6th of Dec, 2012 by   Mabes 0 Votes
Money and profit is definitely the goal here. I worked for a franchise in PA for 1.5 years, finally getting terminated for demanding pay raise and health benefits they promised. They would pull me off regular assignments to work with clients I never met...sometimes I got to work with 2 CLIENTS, very sick, up day and night, of course, my pay was for 1. They typically charged clients in wealthy areas $225-250/day for live-ins, they paid me $90 after taxes!!! I told them to f#$% off and started my own agency and am in back in school for my RN. I do private cases thru referrals and make $600-800 week and keep it all. These agencies don't offer much for clients unless they are desperate.

Avoid Scams When Donating to Haiti Earthquake Relief