logo
search

Sedgwick Insurance Workers Compensation / The Home Depot, Irving, Texas Complaints & Reviews - Medical treatment incomplete/transfer of claim to Liberty Mutual/No responce since 1/14/09.

Home Depot Contacts & Informations

Sedgwick Insurance Workers Compensation / The Home Depot

Posted:

Sedgwick / The Home Depot
Irving, Texas
1) November 11, 2008, injured at workplace, driven to E.R. by supervisor. Treated for scalp laceration and (2) bilateral fractures to left and right thumbs were xrayed and referred to specialist.
2) December 03, 2008, Letter authorizing surgery issued to treating surgeon.
3) December 23, 2008, Surgery center calls to schedule a 12/24/08 procedure and sees me for pre-sugery at 2:30pm. Surgeon advises that the surgery is at best "highly unlikely to correct deficiencies in either thumb due to extensive scar tissuing and delayed treatment". I postpone at surgeon's advice.
4) January 14, 2009, Sedgwick issues letter transferring management of my claim to Liberty Mutual/Helmsman.
5) January 20, 2009, The Home Depot announces the closing of its Irving facility and I am suseqently laid off.
6) February 05, 2009, Followup appointment. Surgeon performs impairment exam to both thumbs and issues report to Sedgwick/Home Depot that clinical maximum medical improvement had been reached and that permanent impairment of 6% total body existed.
7) February 20, 2009, Final day of employment at THD.

SUBSTANCE OF COMPLAINT:

I have never heard from any of the parties involved in this claim since my last medical appointment on 02/05/09. My complaint is that I now suffer with severe joint pain and swelling as a result of the (42) day delay in scheduling my surgery for pin placement originally agreed to on 11/11/08. That I have been treated with callous disregard by The Home Depot, Sedgwick, CoCentra and Liberty Mutual. That I intend to pursue all civil and medical remedies available. That I am currently looking for legal representation. That I have all documents including original xrays from E.R. to substantiate all claims.

David VanCompernolle
davanaco@tx.rr.com
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Medical Negligence and Deficiency
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments