logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Hitech Creations/ Aces High
unethical behavior and rip off
2. (14 mins ago)
Axiom or Smartkurve or Edknovate
Axiom are the Worst Agent in Bangkok
5. (59 mins ago)
BB&T Bank
They will flat ruin you!

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Sears Complaints & Reviews - Return policy!

Sears Contacts & Informations

Sears

Posted:    Joanna Powers

Return policy!

We have been looking for a sectional sofa for months and finally decided to purchase the exact piece that some friends had bought because it was comfortable and quite lovely. Going into our local Sears home store we were told that the sofa came in a number of fabrics and colors and of course they couldn't stock them all but we could order it to be delivered in a couple of weeks. Imagine our surprise when receiving our sofa it was as hard as a rock and completely overstuffed. The labels were different and the fabric appeared much 'cheaper' than we had expected, it was obvious a different manufacturer was now involved. The next day I contacted the store and let them know this article was not acceptable.

I was told to contact the 'resolution experts' then the next step a 'furniture medic' had to come to look at it and long story short two weeks later and I'm still chasing people around trying to get satisfaction on this piece of crap they've sent me.

Today I finally corner the manager who's been on vacation and find out it's a 'special order' and completely non-refundable. I am stunned that Sears, where I have shopped for 30 years is giving me this crap! This means every single thing you buy that isn't a floor model is 'special order'

This reminds me of horror stories I've heard of insurance companies deny deny deny...

The local manager claims he cannot override 'corporate policy' and suggested we call the president's line (what a joke) the woman there threatened to hang up on my husband as he was reading THEIR return policy off the back of the bill of sale which states for ANY reason we are not satisfied returning within 90 days with the receipt was all that was required.

She claimed that only if the piece was defective would we be able to return it and that the forms were old and they were no longer valid and that she was the highest level to which we could appeal! Can you believe that?

What I don't get is how can corporate policy be like this, it is not even logical... they could resell this $2000 sofa easily as we can't use it so it's like new. According to the furniture medic most people like furniture this hard.. they could charge me a restocking fee and retain my business... win win I figure, but instead the want to keep the money I paid, lose any and all of my future business and any one else I can convince to avoid them like the plague... It just doesn't make sense, it's so incredibly short sighted. Are they planning to go out of business soon? Otherwise it is retail suicide, there's too much choice in the market place to behave this way I would think...
Comments Canada Furniture
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

14th of Sep, 2009 by   digitalfemale 0 Votes
I totally agree with the idea that they don't care about the customer anymore! I myself have recently had problems with Sears when I went to return an item. I purchased an number of items that totaled over $200, but when I went to return an item for $37 they wanted to make sure the $10 gift card I used to purchase when I purchased the other items was presented back to me as part of the refund. I just don't understand this type of customer treatment. In fact I went into two different sears stores and it felt so dated and poorly stocked. I will not be shopping sears anymore since they are no longer in touch with the customer.

Nigerian Internet Scammers Disclosure (Part 2)

Latest Groups