logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (25 mins ago)
Lifecream
I don’t know how to stop bogus charges
2. (28 mins ago)
World Financial Group
Fraud
3. (43 mins ago)
Ocean Investment Group
Scam
4. (43 mins ago)
Nowlucky.com
Fake charge and no prize
5. (52 mins ago)
Cheap Flight Air
Did not receive Air Tickets

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Sculpted Figures, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina Complaints & Reviews - UNETHICAL PRACTICES!

Sculpted Figures Contacts & Informations

Sculpted Figures

Posted: 2011-10-20 by    nada0326

UNETHICAL PRACTICES!

SCULPTED FIGURES!
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Phone: 843-839-5995
I went to sculpted figures in myrtle beach sc for a consultation about having a surgery done. I was told that I could not be approved for financing. The next day I received a call from them saying that they found financing but I would have to have half of the amount as a down payment. I saved up until I had half of the amount and called to schedule an appointment. I was then told I needed to contact the company that was willing to finance me. When I called I was told that I wouldn't be paying just half of the down payment that I would have to pay a total of 8000.00. (Surgery quoted at 12000.00 and I had saved 6000.00). I then called sculpted figures back and told them what the company said and told them that I wouldn't be able to have the surgery because I only had the 6000.00. The nurse there told me that if I put the 6000.00 down that she would allow me to make payments on the remaining amount until it was paid or I could pay them the 6000.00 for the first half of my surgery and go ahead and have that done but un the mean time still be saving for the second half. After a 30 minute conversation with her and me telling her that no I didn't want to do that I hung up. In a matter of 10 minutes another person called with an indian accent telling me the same thing she told me and once again pushing the issue. At the time this was the lady that I thought was the doctor because during the consultation she came into the room and examined me. (Only later did I find out that she wasn't a doctor at all just a person who worked in the office! So that meant the doctor never even looked at me! Someone who was completely unqualified for was.) After another 30 minutes I told ok fine I will do it. So they set up another appointment to do specs. While I was there I was basically told that I was too fat to have the surgery and I need to get my BMI down before they would set the appointment. They then put me on a HCG diet with shots of vitamin B to supposedly get my weight down. I left the office with NO appointment being set.
A week or so later I called and told them that I would be moving back where we were stationed at (army) and that I wouldn't be able to have the surgery here. After pushing and pushing and pushing I told her that I didn't want it period! She told me that she would put in for the refund and it could take 4-8 weeks to get it. I told her fine to just process it and mail it.
Three weeks later I called to see the status of the refund and I was told thatis wasn't being processed yet. I told the office lady that I needed the person that handled the refunds to call me and not the nurse because I did not want to speak with her. A couple of hours later the NURSE called and once again was pushing and pushing to get me to go through with this surgery and I finally told her that I did not want to have it and even if I did it wouldn't be with them because if they could not respect me as a patient and my choices then there was no way. I told her it was unethical to try to talk someone into having a procedure that was not WANTED! That didn't stop her though! She then told me that if I wanted to have the surgery that they would fly me back here to have it done and they would have someone there to help take care of me. I told her NO AGAIN and told her that you know I have 2 kids and there is no way I am leaving them 2000 miles away so I can have a surgery I DIDN'T want! After going round and round with her I finally had to hang up on her to get her to stop!
I called today to find out about the refund and found out that instead of them sending back the 6000.00 to me they were only sending 4100.00 back because I cancelled! THERE WAS NOT AN APPOINTMENT TO CANCEL! I informed her. Now they are saying that I still wont get it until the last day in October. Then she proceeded to tell me that they were still willing to fly me out to have the surgery. Like the nurse I told her NO! But she pushed! I finally had to hang up.
I want my money back in full! There was never a surgery appointment to cancel so therefore they can not justify keeping almost 2000.00 for a cancellation! I also want an APOLOGY FROM THE DOCTOR! I never saw him and he never knew the situation period! He had the nurse and an office worker examing me and never informed me that the lady who had her hands all over me was the woman that handled the office work!
I feel VERY exposed and very taken advantage of!
Comments United States Plastic Surgery
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Nov, 2011 by   nada0326 +1 Votes
ISSUE HAS BEEN RESOLVED! REFUND WAS GIVEN!
 27th of Jan, 2012 by   Nursehorry +1 Votes
I am glad to see your refund was finally issued, but let me give you a little background on Sculptured Figures. The physician does not own this company he works for these crazy people just like the nurse and office manager . I am sure he never even knew what was going on, the indian speaking man was the owner his name is Indur and he is nuts...they have a nurse who works there who nursing license is suspended, they have a male surgical tech who works there who after assisting surgery on the female clients makes a quick exit to the bathroom (if you know what I mean) and when clients pay for their surgeries in advance the owner spends their money before their surgery is performed. So the public should be warned "Run Away" as fast as you can:
 26th of Mar, 2012 by   Sculpted Figures +1 Votes
I appreciate the comment, however the above statement is inaccurate. The disgruntled employee who posted this is no longer with our company. We hold high standards and do not tolerate any employee making negative comments or slandering other employee's characters. We expect each employee to treat others, including the patients with utmost respect, hence, that is one of the reasons this employee is no longer with our company. We have a zero tolerance for this type of activity.
 20th of Apr, 2012 by   nursehorry1 0 Votes
I am not a former employee, I am a nurse that works at Grand Strand Regional Medical Center. It is very hard to keep your secrets quit among the health care community. I am sure you thought I was a former employee since you have SO MANY FORMER EMPLOYEES! That seems to be another trait that "Sculptured Figures has, you never see the same employees twice.
 6th of Aug, 2012 by   changy` +1 Votes
i had surgery there and am NOT happy the GOLDFLIES lied to me said he could do what i wanted and did NOT . VERY UN HAPPY
 12th of Sep, 2012 by   onehotsandman +1 Votes
The owners are not physicians. The surgery center is not certified by any recognized certifying agency in the United States. The Plastic Surgeon is not able to obtain hospital privileges locally so if you have a complication, you are told to go to the ER or be emergently transferred to the hospital to be cared for by a local board certified plastic surgeon with full hospital credentials. Dr. Goldflies is in violation of his ASPS membership and board certification by practicing in a substandard, noncertifed surgical center. Patients are not seen by a physician during the consultation. Patients are seen in that consultation by high pressure sales people who employ the bate and switch technique, stating that "if you pay today you get a discount." Their prices are usually higher than other plastic surgeons even after "the discount deal." This is the used car sales approach others have commented on. These sales people are making medical decisions with no medical training and do not understand the operations, perhaps never have even watched how they are performed. Cosmetic surgery is real surgery with real risks. Unfortunately, practicing medicine without a license in South Carolina is only a misdemeanor. Surprisingly, surgery centers that are not certified by the Joint Commission, AAASF or AAAHC are not regulated by any governing body. Board Certified Plastic Surgeons are required to operate in Certified Surgery Centers and have active hospital privileges. Dr. Goldflies is in violation of his ASPS membership and his Board Certification by operating at Sculpted Figures. How do I know? I am a nurse with 27 years experience and had the displeasure of working there for a short time. I saw how frightening this corporate cosmetic surgery is managed by the untrained Indian owner, a former dishwasher, car salesman, and realtor. This company puts profits over patients.
 26th of Nov, 2012 by   AtAStandstill +1 Votes
ONEHOTSANDMAN: I have a pre-op appointment coming up within the next couple of weeks. I was actually hoping to talk more about this and see if this is the right place for me. There are a lot of negative reviews but there are many pleasant one as well. I would like to hear the truth and have someone break down the perquisites of finding a excellent plastic surgeon as well as facility.
 15th of Feb, 2013 by   Skipper lee 0 Votes
I went there and am lucky not to have had more damage than I have. I am very upset and also feel that this is a high pressure sales place. I would tell everyone not to go there. I am contacting credit card company for help although I did agree to do the things I had done I am upset that I feel blotched. I have nerve damage which is affecting my speech and infection which has not gone away after 5+ weeks. Stay away!
 16th of May, 2013 by   Siroskey 0 Votes
This phony office so called professional should not be allowed to practice. If your s victim please contact me sr elmr082912@gmail.com
 10th of Jul, 2013 by   heartattack 0 Votes
Wish I had seen this site before I went there. Near death experience!
 9th of Sep, 2013 by   Helpmegodn 0 Votes
Please somebody tell me is the DR. there real. Breast job gone real bad.
 9th of Sep, 2013 by   heartattack 0 Votes
Real or not, you need to get an attorney now.
 16th of Sep, 2013 by   Medical ethics 0 Votes
Heart attack, we have a subpoena out for you.We know who you are and already have initiated a defamation lawsuit against you.

We will make sure we expose you and your group. You should know how to do business ethically vs. trying to create chaos. You are going to be shut down .
 18th of Sep, 2013 by   CarolineDaniels 0 Votes
I wish I would have read these reports before I went. I will defiantly report to the better business bureau if I am not contacted. I went in to get my varicose veins lazered. When I met with the lady doing my procedure she said she would get rid of all my varicose veins. I ended up in the room the lady had no idea what she was doing she kept turning the lazer up and down, and it was not working. She had no clue ampage wise what she was suppose to do. I had to give her tips how to see my veins etc. My veins are worse than they were before and now I have spider veins also. I got a spot on my veins I thought was a blood clot due to her not knowing what voltage to use when she looked at it she told me I needed to see a vein specialist, and she would not work on my bigger veins. The first thing she told me was she would get rid of my veins! Now I have to see a vein specialist for her mess up. I also Have pictures of her room she sent me in. It was filthy with a facial mask and tools all over the sink. I WILL NOT RECOMEND THIS PLACE!!! As you may know varicose veins are hereditary so if the job was done right they could have had more clientel.
 18th of Sep, 2013 by   Caroline Daniels 0 Votes
Addition to my message above. I have 2 kids and am at home by myself if it would have been a blood clot and something would have happened to me. Then my kids were left alone for weeks Sculpting figures would have paid! They need to have a registered nurse or doctor because I can not afford to see another doctor. My mother also went here and was very unhappy about the lazar hair removal. Lazar hair removal does not work either!
 19th of Sep, 2013 by   Sheila Daniels 0 Votes
I agree. I went to sculpting figures to get lazar hair removal. The nurse did not know what she was doing, and I got more hairs coming back from this. I have had it done at other facilities before and the hairs did not come back. I was going out of town on a trip and when they came back worse I was very unhappy. Lisa the office manager is very unhelpful. I expect to hear back also, or I will go to better business Bureau.
 23rd of Sep, 2013 by   Sculpted Figures 0 Votes
All Patients are treated with the Clear Scan to treat Spider Veins. Patients with Varicose Veins are given a referral to a vein specialist. We would be more than glad to see you after you follow up with a varicose vein specialist as we requested you to.

Laser Hair Removals are based on minimum of six treatments and not three as clearly stated in our consents. If you are interested in continuing with paid treatments, please contact our office.
 10th of Oct, 2013 by   Brittany Daniels 0 Votes
The treatment did a lot more damage than it did good for my varicose veins. The lady(don't think she is a nurse) that did them told me she could get rid of all of my varicose veins. Then she told me I have to get the big veins treated at a vein specialist before she treats my small veins. I do not want them touched by her again! She did not know what she was doing, and now I have spider veins around my varicose veins that I did not have before. If she would have told me she couldn't treat them then I'm would have went to a vein specialist to start with. At least if I saved money and went to a vein specialist then I wouldn't have so many spider veins, my veins would be gone, and I would not have thrown away 350$ that I didn't have in the first place. After she realized she did not want to treat me anymore (she got her money)she started telling me I needed to go to a vein specialist.
SHE CLEARLY DID NOT KNOW WHAT SHE WAS DOING TURNING HER MACHINE UP AND DOWN!
 8th of Dec, 2013 by   ReallyBad 0 Votes
If anybody has a attorney they are using please put it down numbers makes all the difference. They should be shut down ASAP.
 9th of Jul, 2014 by   Redsox1 0 Votes
I have a Liposuction Surgery coming up in a little over a month. I'm nervous about all the comments I'm seeing. Can I get a refund if cancel before the 30 days of my surgery?

The Dumbest Ways To Borrow Money