logo

Global Tel Link
I work at Global Tel Link
2. (20 mins ago)
The Wig Gallery at Greece Ridge Mall
Swindled, cheated, lied to, mislead
3. (20 mins ago)
Consoles4less - - Xbox360
Not recieved
4. (20 mins ago)
CoolHandle Professional Web Hosting
illegal billing on credit card
5. (44 mins ago)
Igor and Kasbar are scammers
IGOR aka KASBAR is a Ripper

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

scaffoldmart.com, Greenville, North Carolina Complaints & Reviews - False Advertising

scaffoldmart.com Contacts & Informations

1705 S. Evans St. 27834
Greenville, North Carolina
Phone: 1-866-900-0983
scaffoldmart.com
Builders Beware! I placed an order and paid by credit card. I thought everything went through and my new scaffolding was on it's way when I got an email stating I had to send them more money. I paid what was listed on the website and the freight was free on orders over $600 which mine was. I challenged the additional money and they cancelled my order. I then reported it to the BBB and the response was that there website says they may charge for shipping. Well that was added after my BBB complaint. Spoke with someone from the company who says they really don't do much business with the west coast and that I would have to pay for freight. Here is a copy of what the website says today.
"FREE SHIPPING
Orders of $600 or more
in the continental USA most orders

UPDATE:
Due to wild fluctuations in freight if you are in a remote or very distant location
from us we may call you and decline order or offer to ship with increased freight costs."

I live in Albuquerque, NM which is neither remote or very distant in comparison to all the states North, South and for sure West of us. So here I believe is a company that is pulling a bait and up-charge scam. If you are not on the far East coast you might want to do business else where. I am going to leave you with the headline quote right from their testimonial page (where I don't think you will find mine).

"We promise you will be nothing but happy!" - really?
Comments United States Contractors
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

23rd of Sep, 2014 by   Brendon PEI 0 Votes
I placed an order over the phone. Was told the order would go out right away and assumed when they took my order that it was being shipped right away. I was given a tracking number and link to check on the status of the shipment the very next day. When the tracking didn't show anything for a couple of weeks I got concerned and called them.

They informed me the walkboards were out of stock. Would have been nice to know that ! How long would they have put me off if I hadn't called. I pay for product, I expect them to have inventory to fill the order or let me know at the time they take my order. They did me a "BIG" favor by shipping the scaffolding without the walkboards. They said the walkboards would arrive at Scaffoldmart soon and as soon as they do they would ship them out to me.

I had to rent walkboards at $12.50 each per week times 16 walkboards...$1200 later and my new walkboards finally arrive. I talked to Randy at Scaffoldmart and explained that I felt I was owed some compensation. Randy said he couldn't do a thing for me. Asked to speak to a supervisor and Gray put all this on me and said I made the choice to accept the partial order. Like I had a choice at that point.

I continue to get e-mails from them thanking me for the order, they hope my last order was a positive experience and that if there is anything they can do for me in the future to not hesitate to drop them a line. What a joke..."positive experience", ya right !

My idea of customer service is when you as a company screws up an order you do whatever you can at all costs to make it up the customer. I didn't even ask for full reimbursement, I just said any help would be appreciated. They help out not even the slightest little bit. Hell even a gift card saying sorry would be somewhat appreciated...

My rant...Scaffoldmart...positive experience...MAKE ME LAUGH.
 13th of Oct, 2014 by   CraigS 0 Votes
I am finding out that they have problems in every area of their business. I think they are dishonest and do things to cheat people. The deliberately leave things out of the order especially if it is a larger order then try to get you or the shipping company to pay. They add production defects to large orders and hope you will not see it during the inspection at delivery. Then hope to have you or the shipping company pay. They use bulling techniques and try to get you angry so they can justify not listening to any thing you have to say about the inspection at delivery. They talk about people trying to cheat them but it is they that are the cheats. These people are con-artists and it is a wonder they are still in business. I don't know who the owners of the business are but they need to clean up there act. Don't do business with ScaffoldMart.com

Top 5 Holiday Shopping Scams