logo

Amrutha Avenue-2 in Kundalahalli

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

SBI Credit Card Complaints & Reviews - SBI Credit Card payments has become a big headache!

SBI Credit Card Contacts & Informations

SBI Credit Card

Posted:    Vinayc Chandla

SBI Credit Card payments has become a big headache!

SBI Credit Card
India
My monthly credit card statement is 27th of every month. My last statement for the month of August was received by me with a total amount outstanding Rs. 12666.48 with the last date for payment as 16/09/2006. The payment for the same was made by Bank of India Cheque No. for the complete amount o/s Rs. 12666.48 on 12/09/2006.

Yesterday on 22.09.2006 I receive a call from Ms. Sonia from SBI New Delhi (011)41588229 saying that I have Rs. 760.00 outstanding against my credit card and the same should be deposited today itself for which purpose an employee of SBI Cards will come to your office to collect the payment. Later during the day Mr. Naresh Shandil from SBI Cards Shimla comes to my office and asks for the payment. I showed him all my card statements and told him that the full payment for the o/s amount has been made on 12.09.2006. Mr. naresh calls up Ms. Sonia at Delhi office again... She tells to give a fresh cheque dated 25.09.2006 and the previous cheque will be returned to us by courier... WHAT IS HAPPENING ? A new cheque to be issued for what reasons? I am really fed up with the services and moreover I am getting calls again and again that "o/s amount should be deposited immediately.

She even told us not to use the DROP BOX for making payments. What all is happening? This has become a big headache for us.

J.N. Chandla.
Comments India Business & Finances
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

22nd of Nov, 2006 by   Tushar Garg 0 Votes
Re: I subscribed to your credit card service early this month, but I am highly disappointed with the attitude of the Bank as my card has been put on hold and the reason is not related to 'non-payment of dues.'

Due to some reason, my contact no. was changed. Its my marriage, so my usage of the card was high. Your people tried to reach me for security reason but could not and so they barred my services.

I appreciate the Bank's concern for the customer, but when I am calling and justifying that it was me and no one else who used the card, no one is listening to my plea.

Instead, I am asked to pay some Rs. 26,000, before my card can be un-blocked. I haven't got any bill. On my enquiry, my minimum payment will be Rs. 1800 (bill yet to be delivered). Why should I pay Rs. 26,000 then? Have I done any mistake? Have I defaulted the payments? Why my services are not resumed? Is it like that Bank has got a good reason to block in the name of security?

Its been a horrifying experience to deal with SBI. Your call centre agents are very impolite, your services are strange.
 18th of Jan, 2007 by   Jeyo Mathew 0 Votes
I had Applied for a SBI Credit Card 2 weeks back. When they required the documents they used to contact me. But after they got all the documents they don’t even bother to keep me in loop. My documents have not reached the application department. I had called up the Customer service on 1800-180-1290 and 39020202, but the executive says that they don’t find any such documents in my name. What a bad service!
 20th of Feb, 2007 by   G. Vijaya Kumar 0 Votes
I have applied for sbi credit card on 4th of January. The bank people have arrived at my place and done there inquiry and all the procedure has been completed but i haven't got the card till now. How do you call service like that?
 22nd of Feb, 2007 by   Narasimha Rao 0 Votes
I applied a SBI credit card on Aug 2006 still not yet received credit card but every month I am receiving statement with all kind's of charges included late payments in that.

so i would like to cancel my SBI credit card I am not satisfied with sbi credit card services .

Regarding cancellation I spoke to customer care on dec-18-06
I spoke to sanjana cancel my SBI credit card. Sanjana said to me she will cancel. But still not yet canceled.

As the status today my card is not cancelled and every month I am getting the statement and it is accumulating the amount. I am wondering why I am being asked to pay the amount that I have never spend or used.

I am not ready to pay any amount as I have not spent any money using that card. And whatever I have spent I have already paid more than that I use.
 22nd of Feb, 2007 by   Hari 0 Votes
SBI credit card service is very bad!
 24th of Feb, 2007 by   R. P. Namdeo 0 Votes
Services of sbi credit cards are very very poor. They are acting like a dada in place of giving better services.
 25th of Feb, 2007 by   R. P. Namdeo 0 Votes
I am using SBI GOLDEN CARD issued from SBI CARD. As per procedure on each of First day of month monthly statement is to be issued and should be sent to consumer and the consumer is to make the payments with in due date given (here it is 21st of each month).

I am not getting any monthly statement since last MARCH-2006 for which I have written series of letters but getting no response from SBI CREDIT CARDS.

In the month of FEB-2007 also I have got no monthly statement. I got the SMS message on 05.02.2007 at 2.19 pm on my mobile number-9300276362.

The contents of SMS message are as follows: "your SBI CARD bill of RS. 7131.05 with the due date 21 FEB-07 has been dispatched. Sender is 00919811725454. So as per SMS message and as per provisions of terms and conditions of agreement consumer is faciliated to utilize the due date period for payment purpose. But BY SBI CARDS DELHI THIS FACILITY IS VIOLATED AND I AM FORCED TO MAKE ANOTHER PAYMENT OF RS. 5500 ON 08.02.2007 TO YOUR REPRESENTATIVE although I had made payment of an amount OF Rs.7200 vide UTI BANK CHEQUE NO 140148/06.02.2007 as per SMS INFORMATION. But even after making payment well with in due date I am told to make another payment of minimum Rs. 5500.00 to your representative by any hook and Cook. I am also badly harassed and forced from Senior Manager DEEPAK SHRIVASTAV SBI DELHI on dated 07.02.2007 talking from telephone no-01145058616 to make second payment which was illegal and clear cut violation of terms and conditions of agreement .Talking of Mr. Deepak Shrivastav was in a very bad manner which is not supposed any way. So I am forced to make another minimum payment of RS. 5500.00 against the statement of Feb-2007 (statement for FEB-2007 is not delivered to me).Accordingly I had to make payment of Rs. 5500 vide UTI CHEQUE NO-140149/08.02.2007 due to fear given from Mr. DEEPAK SHRIVASTAV. Name of the representative sent for getting collection is Shree Gurender Singh KHURSIPAR BHILAI WHO COLLECTED CHEQUE ON 08.02.2007.

So my complaint is this:

1)SBI CREDIT CARD IS NOT SENDING MONTHLY STATEMENT SINCE LAST MARCH-2006 TO TILL DATE.
2)SBI CREDIT CARD SHOULD STOP ILLEGAL METHOD OF GETTING COLLECTION AGAINST DUES AS I AM MAKING ALL THE PAYMENTS IN DUE DATE OR BEFORE OF IT.
3) SBI CREDIT CARD SHOULD EXPLAIN THAT WHY I HAD NOT GIVEN TO UTILISE THE DUE DATE PERIOD FOR PAYMENT. IF SBI CARD IS FORCIBLY GETTING COLLECTION BEFORE DUE DATE THEN CLEAR CUT THIS PROVISION IS VIOLATED. SBI CARD SHOULD STOP IT.
 25th of Mar, 2007 by   Gite Abhay Parmeshwar 0 Votes
I am using SBI credit card. I dont want to use it for future because they are sending bills properly. Moreover i wish to make final settlement of bills which are pending towards my account but they dont have proper communication of line. And now i am getting irritated.
 28th of Mar, 2007 by   Jatindeep Bahl 0 Votes
I am a SBI Credit Card Holder. I have been paying all my statement bills till jan 2007 but due to some personal reasons company's payment is due since last two months. I received a call from their collection deptt. in Delhi on 29th March 2007 named DEVRAJ AHUJA (and as a decent customer i agreed to pay some amount today i.e. 29th March 2007 but the way he was screaming and shouting on me, it felt i am not a customer but their servant. He gave me a warning and tried to scare me. Very rude and poor customer service!
 15th of Apr, 2007 by   Trilok Singh 0 Votes
Sub: Wrong billing and threats

I have a SBI Credit Card. In Aug '05 I got a statement showing purchase of Rs. 25,500 in Jodhpur for purchases never made. I reside in Zirakpur (near Chandigarh) and gets a regular threatening call from the SBI call centre to clear his dues. The amount has now become approx. Rs. 47,000. I have written countless letters and talked to a lot of personnel. I have even sent a legal notice six months back which has not been replied to. They accept to the mistake on the phone. I have started getting outstanding bill notices but haven't got a statement since the last 1 1/2 years. I clear the bills up-to-date except for the wrong bill. I am constantly mentally harassed for an error on the account of the bank. There is nobody who is bothered about the problem and we need your help to take up the case and get us compensation for the mental harassment to a retired officer.
 16th of Apr, 2007 by   Vinay Srivastava 0 Votes
Sub: Interest charging

A copy of email to SBI Credit Card Service:

I had requested you no. of times thru Customer care to waive off the interest, but to no avail and the treatment of the customer care was also not humanitarian. About six month ago I had again contacted Customer Care when they assured me that the matter would be settled by Collection deptt. Who would contact me on my mobile. They contacted me & assured me that the matter has been settled at Rs. 1500.00 to be paid in two installments & the installments will be collected by them from me but they did not turn up for collection of amount.

In the meantime, I had requested to customer care to Close my credit card but they did not do so and charged interest again and again. This has given me mental torture.

I request you once again to cooperate and close my credit card & settle my account with out charging any interest

Your being a reputed public concern, such sort of action erode public faith & thereby affecting your business.

I hope you will consider the matter in its right perspective & settle the matter once for all.
 23rd of Apr, 2007 by   Vinay Srivastava 0 Votes
A copy of email to SBI:

Against my SBI CREDIT CARD. I had purchased some goods amounting approx. Rs 1500.00 for which the payment was made a bit late due to some financial problem for which you had charged interest.

Thanking You,
Vinay Srivastava
 24th of Apr, 2007 by   Ravinder Verma 0 Votes
I have Sbi Credit Card since last 2 years, yesterday I went to Bank (SBI main Branch Faridabad ) for drop in the cheque in drop box at 7.30 pm and there was a security gard (Sukhbir), he said you cannot put the cheque in drop box as time limit is 7.00 pm. He was totally drunk and abusing the other customer also.

One side Bank giving the facility for 24 hour ATM and other hand refusing the credit card payment . This type of services provide the bank to the customers. I have a credit cards of other banks also they collect the payment from my place only.
 1st of May, 2007 by   Poonamrana 0 Votes
20 days have passed & I have applied for sbi card, but I have not got it yet.
 2nd of May, 2007 by   V S Manian 0 Votes
I am using an SBI Credit Card. I also have an SB Account with SBI.

Recently, I obtained Internet Banking facility from SBI for accessing my SB account online. Later, I transferred certain amount to my SBI Credit Card account from my SB account, using Internet Banking. To my shock, even after 3 or 4 days, the transfer is not reflected in my Credit Card account, as I checked it online.

More over, the site www.sbicard.com behaves erratically. I am surprised as a Bank with global presence, SBI is such an incompetent in handling website. 9 out 10 times, whenever I try to log-in to www.sbicard.com, it shows an error just after feeding in the username & password.

I have written several emails to SBI. Yet, neither they are responding to me nor they do anything to make their Credit Card website error-free.
 16th of May, 2007 by   Leenas A 0 Votes
I have applied for credit card. i completed all the formalities. But i have not received the card.
 17th of May, 2007 by   ram 0 Votes
SBI Credit card is Bull-shit... Dont opt for it.
 30th of May, 2007 by   Santosh S. 0 Votes
Worst Service award should go indisputably to SBI Credit Card. It is an Organization with "The Slowest People on World". I used nearly all bank's credit cards. ICICI and HSBC are good to use, at least these people listen to u and try to solve the issues. But SBI, Really a f***.

Never Go for it, even if they pay to use!!!
 1st of Jun, 2007 by   S Desai 0 Votes
I think, SBI people not yet get idea that their monopoly has finished. If they want to keep themself in the market they should improve their customer satisfaction.
 6th of Jun, 2007 by   rupesh 0 Votes
Sbi credit card is the worst credit card....

Without making any transaction sbi charges to the customer... With there fucked up policies...

F*ck the card man...