SBI ATM Card

Lost ATM card!

3.75
SBI ATM Card
India
On 23 December, 2005 I lost my SBI ATM card. I got it blocked immediately and then a week later applied for a new ATM card. But it has been more than an year and I have not yet received the new ATM card. What a poor service!
Complaint comments Comments (251) Complaint country India Complaint category Banks

Comments

1st of Apr, 2007 by    0 Votes
In the December (2005) i lost my purse with my ATM card and some other documents... I contact my Branch and they said i have to give a written request to issue a new card... as they said i gave the request in the last week ok December 2005...

But since then i did'nt received any intimation or a new ATM card from SBI... Can u help me to find out a solution to this problem...

I agree its the worst service...
 17th of Apr, 2007 by    0 Votes

SBI - Outstanding payments

We had received a bill of Rs. 1171.80 in the month of Feb 07 for which we had paid cheque in favor of SBI. The same was collected personally by SBI personnel. then again in the month of March 07 we received a letter along with the bill of Rs.1602.57 due. Still, the same amount had been paid vide cheque in the bank. Instead of making the payment twice again we have received a mail saying total outstanding 875.34. Tell me now what is all this. We go to the bank, they tell us we have no idea about it you need to call customer care. When we call the customer care they tell us to provide the card no. and your four digit birth date. On providing the birth date, they are saying your birth date does not tally and hence the line gets disconnected and there is nobody to provide any kind of service. SBI should atleast make provision of somebody to talk to the clients directly without any stupid questions. Or even provide facilities so that we can go and meet somebody in person.

Please note: I AM NOT GOING TO MAKE ANY PAYMENTS UNTIL I GET CLARIFICATIONS WHERE ARE MY MONEY WHICH I HAVE PAID EARLIER.
 7th of May, 2007 by    0 Votes

SBI - A non SBI customer is tortured for payment

Here is the event:

I am getting lot of calls (79 calls exactly) from SBI - Credit card DEPT, Paris Branch Chennai. I am not even know where is their office. I am not holding any credit cards. I am Having only Ration card. They are asking me to pay for somebody naming Prathap. K

I don't know who is that Idiot?

I denied that I am not Prathap. They are not accepting that. Due to continues calls from them I accepted and told that Please come & collect the cheque. But now they are telling that I am not prathap. But till now I am getting calls from them. I don't what for they are calling me. Are they planning to torture a tiger to agree that it is cat? funny & silly people.

If there is any lawyer to suit a case please contact me by 9940138100.
 12th of May, 2007 by    0 Votes

SBI Card - Poor service!
India

I did a purchase of rs8000.00 in the month of feb'07 and waiting for my statement to come.but i have not received any statement in month of month of feb'07 and march '07. I was ready with my cheque but not did not pay as i did not receive any statement from two months. Suddenly i received a statement in the month of april'07 with interest charges on my purchase amount of rs 8000.00 and if i have not received the statement for the month of feb'07 and march'07 then how can i accept the interest amount.
 14th of May, 2007 by    0 Votes

SBI Credit card - No purchases proofs for verification
India

I had two credit cards (bearing Numbers: 4317 5750 3782 1056 and 4317 5750 3679 8877 ) which I had returned after suffering a lot. The reasons of my dissatisfaction with SBI Cards are as follows:

1. Continuous phone calls disturbed me a lot. I have not activated or used any of my cards till I returned these, but I received some phone calls from SBI Card Person asking for outstanding amounts. I did not understand why I have to pay a big amount, where there is no purchase. I did not understand their intension.

2. No communication or statement was made till I returned the cards. My address, given in the form is correct but I did not receive any papers.

3. I have seen people who are using SBI card and have been suffered by late fine even after depositing the cheque in time.

4. I have intimated the matter though e-mail and sent the cut pieces of the cards to them by post but, no reply is received till date.

I, do not want to suffer more with SBI card. I want all the proofs for verification if I made any purchase.
 6th of Jun, 2007 by    0 Votes
You haven't activated your card and they ask for outstanding? Its hilarious! Now that you have decided to quit I think you should opt for a bank like citi bank where they have good customer care.
 7th of Jun, 2007 by    0 Votes

SBI Credit card - Don't ever do mistake of taking SBI credit card!
India

I am another person who got a very bad experience from this SBI people. I have taken SBI credit card 1 year ago and I have used this card hardly 3 or 4 times. But in September,2006 I got a huge bill of 28,000/-. When I checked the bill, I found that it was for some air tickets (King fisher and AirDeccan) booked by some fraud people, using my credit card number. I don't know how this happened. I haven't given my credit card details to anyone. It was completely a fraudulent transaction!!!

I was really shocked by seeing this and I called SBI customer care and I blocked my account. And told them the entire story. And I filed a dispute against my card misuse. But their response was truly cheating. Every day I used to get calls 5/6 times for the bill payment. I was fed up with this calls and filed disputes again for my card misuse (more than 10 complaints I have given for this.) I was really frustrated and fedup over this.

One day when I called up customer care, they told that "All the disputes are closed in favor of me". I believed them and I told them to send the hard copy of that. But I didn't receive any. Next time when I called them, they replied that "Sorry sir, all the disputes filed are closed against me". (Just the opposite what they told us before). So I have to pay the amount.

The same scenario repeated 2-3 times. I am not getting how these people are telling contrast things during every call... Last day I told them to cancel my card. Anyway I am not planning to pay for that...

More than money, people will value peace and mental relief. These people will spoil that very well. Even though its NOT at all our mistake.

Now I believe the biggest mistake that I have done in my entire life is - "I have taken that SBI credit card". And also I believe these SBI customer care is only for asking money and they are not ready to do any help for customers.

If anyone reading this, can suggest a solution on How to get justice in this matter, PLEASE help me out!!!

Regards.
 16th of Jun, 2007 by    0 Votes

SBI Card - Given amount is not deducted
India

I m sorry to say about pure service of SBI credit card company.

I'm paying all the due amount of monthly installments but the monthly statement is showing the same amount of total outstanding i.e.28000/- from last five months. How can be it happen? Amount paid by me should be deducted from total amount. The monthly statement is showing unnecessary interest value and charges every month.
 18th of Jun, 2007 by    0 Votes

SBI Credit card - Have to pay for the card which i don't have
India

SBI service is the worse service which i ever find my life. The issue is, I applied for SBI credit card, related authorities approved my application, but before receiving it, i called them and canceled the card because of some reason. Now, I'm receiving Credit card offers, Credit card bill, sms, even calls from SBI that please pay your amount. Even i asked them that please check your database, I already canceled this card and in fact i didn't receive it at all.

Now,
I receive letter from SBI, today saying that, we will take legal action, if you will not pay some 1000+ amount before (this) date.

Can any body send me SBI Credit card toll free or any number??
 29th of Jun, 2007 by    0 Votes
Pls got to customer court!!! And meet the respective higher officers in your place...
 1st of Jul, 2007 by    +1 Votes
My sister lost her SBI ATM card on Sunday... What she supposed to do? the ATM CARD NO IS 8479
 2nd of Jul, 2007 by    0 Votes
I do regularly use the SBI Gold Card, even at the maximum credit limit of 80,000/- and I had also intended to pay my minimum due amount regularly. But I could never do that due to non-receipt of the statement. Due to which, I have been paying heavy amount in respect of late fee charges. Regarding the same, I have been regularly complaining to the SBI customer care but till today, in vain. Nevertheless, as a responsible customer, I have been quietly paying the late fee charges, inspite of very insulting and rude approach from the payment collection division of Delhi, specially ladies. Believe me, till today, I have not received a single printed statement at my residential address. I have always given an assurance of sending the statement at my residence within a week's time. It is very painful and unexpected. I opted for SBI Gold card by deactivating my other foreign banks credit cards with an feeling of encouraging our Indian product, but today I am repenting. If this complaint is taken as a casual complaint as one amongst the others, I am not capable of changing the system of whole SBI but it is definite, if majority of the victims gets created, one day it will definitely harm. I humbly request you that the heavy late fee charges which I had paid till today may kindly be reverted and at least now my request may please be accepted and statements from the date of activation of my above card, may please be sent to my residence address. For example, recently I spoke to Ms. Anita on 3rd may at 1.15 am and she assured that immediately she will e-mail my recent statement and also earlier statements will be sent to my residence address, till today that moment has not come. Even last week I requested your customer care officer of delhi, he assured me same as Ms. Anita but till today, in vain. Total non-professionalism and casual approach is really unexpected. With due respect to you, I request not to misunderstand but would suggest that your customer care officers and executives of payment collection division of delhi shall learn from the credit card division of other banks, who all has absolutely cordial approach and commitment towards their promises.
 13th of Aug, 2007 by    0 Votes

SBI Credit card - Deficiency in services!
India

Card requested was Gold card but they sent some Social card with limit of just Rs 4000/-. When the balances was just Rs 2500/- & presented at an outlet for payment of Rs 500/- bill, the message read 'Services Terminated Contact Customer Care'.

Letter was written to AVP Customer Care with cheque of entire payment and request to close acct, the cheque was encashed but acct not closed, hence received a fresh bill. Is this the way of doing business? Fleecing people and shoddy attitude, that too from AVP Customer Care. GOD help those going in for SBI banking services. The worst is probably yet to come!
 2nd of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes

SBI CreditCard - They are fraud

Dear All,

I had been using this card for more then a year. I had made my payment for the last month dropping at there ATM collection box. The customer care person call for the payment and say please give a stop payment for the same and issue us a new cheque i really don't understand why they are playing with customers. They also retrain that they had not received my payment till day and they abuse me also he is name is dines and called me from this no +914439830241. I think we should flah this persons on media or take a help of media and show how this bank works.
 7th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes

SBI CreditCard - Fraud & cheating!
India

I have been offered rs. 200000/- over draft free of interest for 45 days, when i took the cheque immediately they deducted first EMI, than next month interest for 36 months, as i refused to take and immediately returned and repaid the 200000/- in full. Yet the next three months emi was deducted and money was collected. Now bank has collected rs. 45240/- as interest from me for less than 45 days used there money. At least i presented my case 100 times to the banks collection agents/ officers/ call centers, but they continue to demand more and more money to be paid.

Since than they are going own using abusing /torturing me on my mobile/land line for further payment. NEVER HAVE ANYTHING WITH state bank of india OR sbicards IS MY SUGGESTION.

IF YOU HAVE AN ENEMY GET HIM AN SBICARDS!!! I PRAY TO GOD ALL THESE OFFICERS OF SBI SHOULD HAVE THE SAME SUFFERING!
 9th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes

SBI Credit Cards - Idiots are managing this company!
India

I have been using this card for around a year. It is really a torture to own a SBI Card & this is to alert all of you about the pain ryt now customers are facing.

On 7th Sep at 4:30 pm I got call from +911130835926 number the address was of lajpat nagar Delhi area, Caller was a lady & she called me to remind me my due date but the conversation switched to high voice pitch from her side in which she said "O Hello you have to submit your payment as my records are showing your payment is still pending" all in hindi & treating like I am big culprit, I told her that I know I have delayed my payment 4-5 days but already submitted through skypak dropbox But she keeps on continuing her harsh & rude language like "jab payment ki aukaat nahi to credit card kyon lete ho..."

On this I asked her details of address from where she is calling & who authorize you to do such calls she put me on hold & was telling her colleague that "kisi batamiz ka phone hai" which i clearly heard & then she disconnect her line.

This is not the first time i have received such type of call in rude manner but today they crossed their limits.

SBI credit card collection department is extremely rude, unprofessional and totally untrained, they don't know how to treat with their customers. These DSAs made this their business and to just for 30-35 rupees for which they obtained from SBI against each collection.

The strange thing is why SBI a renowned name in INDIA has put their reputation in such type of untrained DSA collection department.
 11th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes
I have a joint a/c along with my wife Smt. chandrawati. Already I have a ATM Card But I want next one ATM card for my wife. I was submit request form 0n 13,Aug.2007, till date ATM card not received. Now I was Temporary transfered form Mankapur (UP) to Bhopal . My wife also will come to Bhopal with me from 16.09.07. Now, what can I do? Suggest anyone.
 14th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes

SBI Bank - Credit Card - Troubling regarding money i did not use
India

I had received a SBI card a year ago and i had opted for the statement to be sent to me via email from the 2nd month onwards. My request was activated and when i went to check the statement online it was not opening as the password i was provided was "wrong". I tried calling the customer care number for Sbi i.e. 39020202 but there is no response and it takes very long and sometimes the call is disconnected even before we speak to a agent.I have escalated the matter earlier but no one seems interested in resolving the issue.

Whenever my due date nears by i keep getting calls from some collection agencies who do not know how to speak and just dont listen to me or the problem i am facing. Every time i have to repeat the same story but when they need money they call up and hence i have not made any payments and as a result of Sbi's ignorance my amount due has reached 27000 without my knowledge which i am not going to pay ever. I want to bring this to notice and take care of such people who just steal money openly.
 21st of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes
sir i open a /c in sbi gunpur,rayagada,orissa branch on 04.07.2007 and also apply for an atm on that same day.the atm card came on 28th of the same month.but in that atm card the a/c number will be changed.i will inform to the bank and the bank said to apply for a new atm card.on 06.08.2007 i apply for a new atm card.till now no card is coming.
so plz tell me sir.what i do?
 25th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes
They are zero in Service. Does not how to handle any issues. I made calls to their help desk number chennai, 9144 - 39830370, they want disconnect the call. The person sits there is Ms.Vanitha. If you have any doubt you can call the above number and verify at any time.

State Bank of India (SBI) Logo State Bank of India (SBI)
Customer Care Service