logo

Enterprise Rent A Car
Charge for Damage I did not do
2. (6 mins ago)
UKLRS
they have taken my money and not sent e mails or and form of contact with me .
3. (6 mins ago)
KMart Co.
Phoney contest
4. (7 mins ago)
Hitech Creations/ Aces High
unethical behavior and rip off
5. (10 mins ago)
Mypublisher.com
They failed and haven’t provided photos

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Harassment in Management

Lucky Stores
Clayton Road
Concord, California
I am an employee at Lucky on Clayton Road in Concord. I have not used my real name for fear of retaliation. The store manager at our store has transfered or fired all who have opposed her. She has numerous harassment lawsuits against her, which she has lost most of. She has made several comments about the union not running her store as well as the union not writing the schedule. (Which up until her arrival was always written by seniority, not preference). Her most recent action was the hiring of her 23 year old niece as a courtesy clerk (bagger) who has attempted to intimidate several other female courtesy clerks and made false accusations towards several white, male clerks. However, this niece has been seen not working, not conforming to dress code, and using her cell phone on company time but has never been punished. All offenses that would be the death sentence for any other employee. For any store-goers, please don't stop shopping at our store. We love our customers.Please ask for action to be taken against this tyrant. Thank you.
Comments United States Bullying and Harassment at Work
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

13th of Jul, 2008 by   vido loco +1 Votes
In response to above, I can relate because at our store (somewhere in the central valley), we are dealing with a tyrant store manager. In our case, this person has belittled dept heads as well as members of management. This Store Manager (who shall remain anonymous, as well as myself, in fear of retaliation) has violated various scheduling rules (such as assigning employees floating holidays w/out their permission), not paying overtime, among others. Additionally, the Store Manager micromanages every aspect of our store; dept heads and other management seem to be only puppets and people of title only. Our labor has been reduced, not being able to meet even basic needs. Additonally, like above, this person has various lawsuits against them. This person is a backstabber and has even attempted to shift blame to everyone else. What we are trying and are still doing is sticking together. Additionally documentation is the key. Some have even contacted the hotline (800 number), the union, as well as go to higher authority within our company. The good part, is that higher authority is aware of what is going on, based on what they have personally seen and heard so at the very least, there is awarness. My advice to you is to seek out others in your store who feel the same way, because more than likely, there is. Document all the wrong doing that your manager is doing (more people the better). With that, contact groups such as the union, the 800 number, as well as higher authority. It won't be an overnight process, but it will get the ball rolling. With us, we are still stuck with our manager, but at the very least, the right people are aware. I wish all of you in Concord the best of luck.

Signed,
anonymous
 28th of Jul, 2008 by   anonymous44444 0 Votes
why don't you call your union rep thats why you have one
 6th of Feb, 2009 by   april65 0 Votes
I AGREE I LIVE IN TURLOCK AND THEY ARE MONEY GRABING COMPANY THAT TREAT COSTOMER AND EMPLORIES HORRBILE I AS A CUTOMEER I WILL NO LONGER SHOP THERE
 11th of Oct, 2010 by   MISSY LYNN +1 Votes
PAT COLLINS WHO WAS IN YOUR STORE IS NOW IN MARTINEZ SHE WAS A TOTAL BITCH WHEN I WORKED THERE. THANK GOD I GET TRANSFERED
 22nd of Feb, 2012 by   abused and tired +1 Votes
We work in Paradise California. Our nameless Head Clerk harasses, speaks badly about all employees and threatens new employees with write ups and firing. Head clerk speaks about personal information, violating HIPPA and also giving out misleading information about our Store Director, Grocery Manager, Center Store Manager and just about everyone else, who is liked and who is on the chopping block. Nameless comes in stoned in the morning and when coming back from lunch. A few customers have said something about the smell even with the gum in mouth and aromas put on. Nameless gives out confusing orders and then blames us for not following because nameless is in a happy daze. When the daze wears off its hell to pay again. We don't know why a Head Clerk could get away with causing such havoc. We are tired of the abuse and the violations of every rule on the Hotline List!! We need action and not just a talking to!!! All that are tired are willing and able to speak about all these violations if asked. Date of being extremely stoned was Sunday February 19, 2012 after lunch. We also do not need retaliation from this Head Clerk, because we will take it further with lawyers if needed due to all the predisposed violations, especially HIPPA!!! That is how tired we all are. We all love our Management, they are always fair and doing the right things in problem solving. The Head Clerk is the only one that is not a team player, only in it for Head Clerk without even one thought about the rest of the Team Players!!! We are a great store and our customers love us!! We cannot let one person divide and conquer!!!
 13th of Mar, 2012 by   lawn mower 0 Votes
I don't know who the above person thinks they are, but I will tell you this, they DO NOT SPEAK FOR ME... There is not one person in any workplace that has not at one time or another said something bad about their bosses. Including the above person. And I would speculate the bosses have had their say too. So let's stop the game playing and grow up. . My advise to this person. Get a life. And I also suspect that by "WE",
they mean"THEMSELF"...
 14th of Mar, 2012 by   lawn mower 0 Votes
All I can say is, I don't know how " ABUSED AND TIRED" can sleep at night. Yes WE all know who you are, and personally I have lost every ounce of respect I've ever had for you. You have just ruined the work place moral with your spitefullness. I feel so sorry for the kind of person you have become.. YOU became the ONE person who divided and conquered. Hope your proud of yourself.
 14th of Mar, 2012 by   union sister 0 Votes
This is to "we work in Paradise" You should be ashamed of yourself!! That letter wasn't enough so you had to go down that dirty road. You have worked with her for many years and you have done many things with her on and off the job. You had no right to throw that rock at her sense you just might hit your own house. I thought we were all union brothers and sisters. It should be us against them, not us against each other. It is a very sad day for us in Paradise. I am ashamed to call you my union sister. But because you threw that rock two people will be losing their jobs, I believe you should too and you know why. Everyone we need to band together and stay strong we can't show weakness because WE ARE UNION STRONG!!! You might have divided but you will never conquer!!!
 22nd of Mar, 2012 by   lawn mower 0 Votes
This is to ABUSED AND TIRED In Paradise, A.K.A. Linda (you know your last name)
Not only did your plan of getting the head clerk fired work.
You also managed to get a young courtesy clerk fired, tell me what did he ever do to you?
BUT what has me bent over in hysterical laughter is: YOU GOT YOURSELF FIRED!!. Ha ha ha... Isn't it ironic~~~
You know what they say about KARMA..
Oh and please don't blame the head clerk for this, you brought this on yourself, now you have to live with it. Ba ha ha ha...
 25th of Mar, 2012 by   unnamed employee 0 Votes
One thing I will say is that as manager for Save Mart, I've learned that hard work, loyalty and dedication here do not pay off if you are not in the good ol boys club!! I applied for a promotion several times. I've had stellar reviews each time, been told that I interview well, but never made the cut. I've always asked where can I do better. Upon last time, I asked where can I do better, and did not get a response. I was even told I didn't get a postion due to lack of openings (which they filled with out of town personnel). It seems that they already know who they want to promote. If thats the case, then just promote those people rather than waste company time and resources as well as giving the rest of us false hope. To my superiors, I feel that this is one of various reasons that many of us have started to lose faith in our leadership. As employees, good or bad, supervision should be more open on employee standing, good or bad.
 25th of Mar, 2012 by   lawn mower +1 Votes
Sorry, but I don't understand any of what you have written above. Your the manager of Save Mart.? Which one? You certainly don't sound like our manager., mmmm
 1st of May, 2012 by   disillusioned by savemart 0 Votes
No one can make a decent living working here. It true, employees have no where to turn. Save mart is the worst and the union (at least in the valley) is doing nothing. When your rep doesn't want to come in and sit in the meetings with you that is sad. He personally told me to go into the meeting and as long as your telling the truth you'll be fine. I was forced to step down if not i would be fired. Good thing I know my rights because I did what they asked and later the company HR dept called and told me that I can keep my position. That's my hard earned union dues at work. They did nothing for me.. I did it not them!!! The rep has not stepped one foot in our store for over 6 years no one even knows what he looks like...how sad! His district is on fire because he is never around. Save mart uppers make this place a hell to work for. They have created a hostile work place that no one is happy to go to work because the union had no backbone. Good thing they are saving the pools for the community, this PR crap is great to show the public they care except for when it comes to there workers. And why is it that our union is in the red but no one has been laid off or hours taken away or lost any benefits/ retirement etc???
 1st of May, 2012 by   disillusioned by savemart 0 Votes
save mart is a tyrant of a company...the same thing will happen just like with albertsons you will see
 26th of Aug, 2012 by   get lost 458976854o7654o76 -1 Votes
Lawn mower needs to shut their pie hole.
 17th of Dec, 2013 by   Bill lopez 0 Votes
Save mart and food maxx company needs to go out of business overpay employees slow stores harassing managers
 20th of Dec, 2013 by   Ed popke 0 Votes
Hate managers they do nothing fire them
 27th of Dec, 2013 by   liz cervantes 0 Votes
i too was a 24 year employee who was fired a year ago because of a manager who took the word of a truckdriver over his head nightcrew emplyee. no proof was found. HR DEPT WENT ON MY 24 YEAR CAREER HISTORY. WHILE THE MANAGER WAS ONE OF THE GUYS FROM THE SUPERVISERS OLD DAYS TOGETHER HE CAN BEHAVE IN AN INAPROPRIATE MANNER STILL TO THIS DAY.HIS NAME DOUG ACAPOU AY STORE 651 IN FRESNO.SAVEMART . DONT SHOP SAVEMART UNFAIR TO THE workers who really work.

Sleeping Comcast Employee