logo

Cash4Offers
Terrible company!
3. (41 mins ago)
afa armor for android
taking money from my account when im not subscribed
4. (56 mins ago)
Investors Hub or IHUB
IHUB bias
5. (1 hr 13 mins ago)
Reliant Vision Group
Reliant vision is a fake and fraud company

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

SafeGuard America, Florida Complaints & Reviews - BEST ALARM COMPANY EVER!

SafeGuard America Contacts & Informations

SafeGuard America

Posted:    DisneyCruiser

BEST ALARM COMPANY EVER!

SAFEGUARD AMERICA
Florida
This company is AWESOME! They saved my home from what could have been a potentially costly robbery. While on vacation (Disney Cruise) my home was broken into, they used the rear patio door for access. Apparently the robber used a pry bar as the door lock frame was destroyed. Because I was away I added my next door neighbor to the emergency call list knowing I would be unable to be reached on the open seas. My neighbor heard the alarm go off and immediately looked out the window and saw a white van parked next to my home. She said she went to call 911 but her phone was already ringing, it was the Alarm monitoring company calling to advise her of the alarm. Safeguard immediately called the police and let them know there was a break-in. I initially was a little skeptical of getting an alarm but even the police officer said it saved my home. The company even dispatched a technician free of charge after the incident to check the system and insure the system was workimg properly. If your alarm company saved your home you would love them too!!
Comments United States Security Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

22nd of Feb, 2010 by   GatorGirl2000 -1 Votes
Well I have only had Safeguard in my home now for two months... so far so good. The main reason why I went with this company was because of my father's recommendation. He has had them now for over three years and says he is satisfied. I also like the fact that they have a 45 second guaranteed response and a $500 deductible guarantee. Every month I test the system because if it goes over 45 seconds before they call I get 1 month of service free. They have yet to go over but at some point I hope they do because I wouldn't mind the free month. :) I had another alarm company prior to Safeguard America and sometimes it would take over 4 minutes for them to call. A lot can happen in 4 minutes.
 1st of Mar, 2010 by   SecretSanta -1 Votes
I agree, I have only been with this company now for 7 months. The salesman was very knowledgeable about his product and had a no pressure approach. It actually took a couple of weeks to decide which company I was going to choose but he answered all my questions with patience. The technicians name was Johnny and he was excellent and on time for the system installation. I really liked the fact that when he was done he took the time to show me all the features of the system. Alarm went off once by accident when I let my golden doodle out to the back yard, they called pretty quickly. All in all I am happy.
 4th of Mar, 2010 by   Smiley1 0 Votes
We were loyal customers for 9 years until my husband lost his job and I learned mine was going to end in 6 months and we could not afford to renew for another 3 years with such financial uncertainty. We called and were told not to pay new bill and to notify them in writing. We sent them 5 letters, starting at 90 days and then monthly, because every month they sent us another bill. We called many times, and were told they never got our letters and we would have to pay for another 3 years. Interesting note: We changed phone service after we cancelled to digital and that doesn't even support the alarm system. We have called and explained our situation over and over and they keep telling us they will request a cancellation, but there is no guarantee "they will let us".. Last week they sent us a new letter offering to let us go if we pay for one year's worth of service. We don't owe them anything, we cancelled our contract. This company is good at monitoring, that is a fact, but their customer service is non-existant and they do not let customers go..even those like us who can't afford to pay anymore. I guess they don't care that people who have no income will have a working alarm, but they may nnot have a home anymore because they can't pay their mortgage. You also want to note that they are rated F by the BBB. I wouldn't recomment this company to anyone. EVER. It isn't worth the headaches you are sure to encounter unless you stay with them forever..and they may just follow you to the afterlife.
 10th of Jan, 2011 by   otgownlb +1 Votes
This company is a bunch of crap. I will write on every board I can find so I can deter as much business from them as possible. I have had them for 6 years. Every time our alarm goes off, they call the house phone that the security line runs through, they say they call and can't get through so the cops, FD etc still come. I have called them and filled out their form 8, count it EIGHT times to ge the primary phone correct, still no. Customer service SUCKS. We just rented out our house and the new tenant doesn't want the alarm activated, I called and explained our situation and this company WILL NOT STOP OR END THE CONTRACT unless the house sold then we have to send in closing paperwork. It's an only an alarm system for God sakes. So in order to keep you as a customer they bend you over and lock you in to a 3 year auto renewal contract then you have to give 60 notice when the contract renews. WTF !!!
Then the asshole from customer service had the balls to mail me a copy of the contract highlighted to "stick it in my face" that I couldn't cancel. Fuck you and your piece of shit company and your asshole employees!!!
 14th of Feb, 2011 by   Debbie29 0 Votes
BEWARE if you do not cancel your contract with their company atleast 60 days before the end of your contract they will automatically roll you over for another 12 months!!

I have been with this company for 6 years and had major issues with their wireless smoke detectors and their crappy technicians who dont know what they are doing!! Took them about 2 months of coming to my house about 5 times to figure out what was wrong with the alarm. They changed out the whole system and there was still a problem then they finally figured out it was the wireless smoke detectors. If I wasnt so pissed I would laugh at how stupid they are.

I was told by one of their reps that I was no longer under a contract but he's also stupid because I came to find out that they rolled me over for another 12 months since I didnt cancel my acct 60 days before the end of the contract and I spent 45 minutes talking to a manager who said he cannot do anything that I am bound to the contract. He said he was sorry that I was "misinformed" but there is nothing he can do. I can either pay up until the end of the 12 months or he can sign me up for another 36 months and give me a better price. I have 9 months left on the roll over 12 months and I offered to pay for the next 3 months if he lets me out so that I can give my proper 60 days notice (well 90) but he said he cannot do that. He refused work with me even though I have been a good customer for 6 years. Given the option of me walking away happy with him letting me go 6 months ahead of time or unhappy with making me stick it out with his company for another 9 months he chose for me to stick it out with his company for another 9 months.

This company is heartless and has the worst customer service. They dont even care if their customers are happy, they only care about their pockets!

You cannot cancel with this company unless you pay out for the duration of your contract, there is no cancellation penalty. You either stay with them or pay them to the end of your contract.

Read all their fine print before you sign anything or better yet STAY AWAY!!
 10th of Apr, 2011 by   Jodi Rod +1 Votes
I completely agree with the statements on cancellation and how heartless and money hungry they are. I have not had monitoring from them for two years but they still continue to send me bills even after the 60 day written notice, luckily I explained my situation to a secretary that answered the phone who took my information out of their system or they would have continued to take payments directly out of my bank account full well knowing they were not giving me service. Forget about reading the contract just STAY AWAY!
 10th of Apr, 2011 by   Jodi Rod 0 Votes
The only good comments from them have to be written by them, they are crooks!
 11th of Sep, 2011 by   minpindad 0 Votes
I am going through the same thing, auto renewed for another three years and my system has not worked for a year due to internet phone, they want me to pay $585 to terminate contract or stay with them for three more years. I told them six months ago I wanted out of the contract, because it was not working, they said I had to wait till the contract ended 9-16-11 so we called them two weeks prior to cancel, come to find out we had to send letter 60 days prior to cancel and now we are stuck with a useless system for 3 more years! Stay awawy from this company they are suppose to protect you not rip you off!
 9th of Mar, 2012 by   step69 0 Votes
These complaints about cancellation all stem from the fact these customers don't actually read the contracts they are signing. Alarm contracts clearly state they need 60 days notice or the contract auto renews. In florida, the auto renew is set for 1 year increments I don't know for other states. I don't work for this company, but I have worked in the industry for over 20 years. Customers sign a contract & then decide to just cancel without notice & then complain on these forums even though it all stems from them being irresponsible . Like the poster who expects the alarm company not to charge him/her due to them getting internet phone. The customer's decision to change their phones without notifying the alarm company in ADVANCE(novel concept) really has nothing to do with the alarm contract they signed. Had they notified in ADVANCE the alarm company could have offered a GSM cell back-up as an alternative to the phone issue. But that obviously never happened & somehow it's the alarm company's fault. These internet complaint posts are normally one sided against the wrong party. Again this is all because the customers don't take the time to actually read the contracts they are signing.
 10th of Mar, 2012 by   minpindad 0 Votes
The salesmen are hiding these items in the contract and talk to you to distract them, You must be one of these crooks! They know what they are doing, what kind of company would put these in there contracts to begin with, crooks thats who . I was talk out of my ADT alarm company, saying how they could do this and that, they wre wrong! ADT is the BEST alarm company and I should of never left them they are not crooks, they dont use these in there contracts! I guess Safe Guard must give out a bonus to post good comments abut there company stay away from Safe Guard use ADT!!!
 10th of Mar, 2012 by   step69 0 Votes
minpindad-ADT has the same cancellation policy as any other alarm company.Try to cancel without giving 60 days notice & see what happens. ADT charges a trip fee to your house or business whether you pay for service or not. If you don't read your contract it's no one's fault but your own. Alarm companies make a big advance investment with the hope of making the money back with your monthly payment for your 3 year contract. The alarm company pays upfront for your equipment, installers pay & salesman's commission. The alarm company also has to pay the central station operators a salary to call you or the police 24/7 365 days a year all for basically a dollar a day out your pocket per your contract. When you cancel early on your obligation, the alarm company has to eat this debt. The only way to make this up is to enforce the terms of contract or go out of business. If don't intend on fulfilling your obligation don't get an alarm.
 11th of Mar, 2012 by   minpindad 0 Votes
ADT does not have a shafty auto renew that you are sure to forget the anniveruity date 3yrs later in your busy day of life! I had ADT and I have not ever heard of this before my rude awakening! Now I will not pay for any survce with a contract cable, , lawn service, etc. I will not even read it just say NO THANKS!! Thanks Safe Guard, I have to stay on guard from those CROOKS!!!
 11th of Mar, 2012 by   step69 0 Votes
ADT definitely has the same policy. The company I work for had a customer that couldn't get out of their ADT contract so we offered take over the system & not charge them until their ADT contract was over. The customer HAD to notify ADT in writing 60 days prior to the end of their contract date or they would have been auto renewed. You can't cancel your contract over the phone either. You have to cancel in writing for legal reasons. The reason is without a letter there is nothing to prove you cancelled your account. So in the future, if there is an incident the customer could say they never cancelled & the alarm company would have no proof otherwise & lose in a lawsuit.
Up until Friday 3/9/12, I had never heard of Safeguard America. I know the name now because a customer we had for 6 years just called without notice to say that she is canceling with us to go with SafeGuard, effective immediately. Rather than tell us she is unhappy or wanted info on upgrades, she did what everybody else does, cancelled on a knee jerk reaction. So now they have replaced perfectly good working equipment for their own & the customer is going to being paying us until the November 2012 contract date. It makes no sense.
 11th of Mar, 2012 by   minpindad 0 Votes
I got out of mine no problem when I got ripped off by SafeGuard Worlds worst alarm company! You just keep on yapping because you must be the ring leader of the crooks!

sdafe

guard
 12th of Mar, 2012 by   step69 0 Votes
minpindad-You obviously don't read. I stated I had never heard of SafeGuard until last friday, when a customer called to cancel without notice to say they were going to SafeGuard.
So SafeGard may in fact be "crooks", but I stand by my statement of the complaints against them on this board referring to cancellations & auto renewal are pretty much bogus. I'm pretty sure the auto renewal started with ADT & trickled down to ALL other alarm companies.
I have never seen a contract with invisible ink, meaning there is no excuse for not reading your CONTRACT before signing. I capitalized contract because customers apparently sign them and think they are just paper & not an obligation(which they are). Customers want it both ways, they want a reliable, trustworthy alarm company with 24/7 365 monitoring and yet want to able to cancel on a whim with no consequences. Try to buy a car & make payments and just decide to cancel making payments and see what happens. One thing I always hear when people want to cancel their alarm service is they need to cuts costs.
The alarm costs about a dollar a day, yet those same people will continue to pay for satellite/cable TV for a least double what alarm security costs.Those same people will cancel their alarm but pay $100+ for a data plan on an Iphone. So cable or internet on your phone are more important than keeping your family safe in case of a home invasion.Makes sense, doesn't it?
 13th of Mar, 2012 by   jlf1320 0 Votes
Buyer beware. They talk a great game and make you feel valued. As soon as you sign and have the ink dried, forget it. It took them 4 days to install my system due to faulty equipment (brand new out of the box) and then the signals were not working properly. The technician was very nice, but showed up in regular clothes and no Safeguard ID displayed. It is taking 6 days to get my hostage code changed. The guy, Todd, asked why I wanted it changed, which I did not feel was any of his business. It takes them downloading extra software to make the change. God forbid people have to do extra work. He called on Friday saying it would be done. Nothing was and it is now Wednesday. I keep getting excuse after excuse and we will get it taken care of tomorrow...A bunch of wolves in sheep clothing. Dumbest thing I ever did was to leave ADT.
 13th of Mar, 2012 by   step69 0 Votes
jlf1320-
If what you say is true, then you are being lied to. The duress code is something that can be changed by the customer in user programming in basically any alarm on the market. It shouldn't take any "extra software", they must not be able to remotely change it via download software or they just have no idea how to change the duress code. The tech in regular clothes was probably a subcontractor that works for hire for any company that will pay him & probably didn't have a company shirt for that reason.
Did you get a user manual from them? I am sure it would have info on adding/changing the duress code directly by the keypad.
 22nd of Mar, 2012 by   Jimmy John john 0 Votes
ADT does the same scam as SafeGuard and all the others. In fact, ADT wont give you a quote over the phone. They insist on sending a sales person who wont give you a quote until the first run a check check! They will also sell you more monitoring devices which means your monitoring price goes up! Why should having more devices cost you more for monitoring!? Its a SCAM! It costs them no more if you have 2 monitoring devices in your home or 20! Your low rate on TV suddenly goes from $40 a month to $80. If anyone on here is praising the alarm companies then they are shills for the companies. And in their ads they say it costs you just over a $1 a day. Well, I guess if it's $1.80 a month they can still legally say just over $1 a day?
 9th of Apr, 2012 by   HateTheseFools 0 Votes
These idiots called me at 9pm saying " this is not a sales call" then proceeded to try to convince me to buy their stuff ... I tried telling the guy not to call me anymore and he got a HUGE attitude with me telling me he couldn't do anything till I confirmed with him about my smoke detectors. I hate people like this who invade your personal private quiet time (with a sleeping baby here) and hide behind the anonymity of their remote location.
 4th of Sep, 2012 by   discontendedcustomer 0 Votes
safeguard america along with silverline are nothing but crooks,
my house got broken into while having their system and monitoring, alarm did not go off, police were not called and thieves were still in housed when i walked in Thank God i ran out to my neighbors to call 911. When called to ask about why this alarm did not go off i came to find out i have not been monitored for the last 6 months because i have no signal. Helloooo, it would have been nice to have known! when calling their rude customer service, i got no answer but that it was my fault. Nice . This company is not trustworthy.

Account Verification‏ Western Union Scam