logo

Cordell & Cordell
screwed by their scam
3. (38 mins ago)
IIC Online Storage Solution
not working, no answer, no refund
4. (40 mins ago)

SafeCo Insurance Contacts & Informations

SafeCo Insurance

Posted:    nonameavailable

fraud

I called Safeco in January and was quoted a price for 6 months of insurance. I specifically asked if the amount quoted was the entire cost for car insurance for 6 months and was told YES. I agreed to the 6 months of coverage and paid with my credit card. A few months later, Safeco sent me a bill for an additional $444 claiming they have the right to adjust the premium at any time. When I called, the woman told me that their records show the person in January had not informed me of the possibility of additional charges. If I had known, I NEVER would have agreed to buy the policy. Now Safeco claims they are unable to access the recorded conversation from January and said they will cancel my policy in May if I don't pay the extra $444. BTW - 12 years with Safeco without an accident, claim or moving violation and this is how they treat me!!
This is out and out fraud! I switched and will start fighting Safeco for a refund. I'm also reporting them to the Insurance Department. They need to be stopped!
Comments United States Auto Insurance & Loan
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

22nd of Jun, 2010 by   screwednomorebysafeco 0 Votes
I strongly agree with this complaint. My mother has had this insurance company for over 20 years and no claims have been paid by SAFECO although they claim they did. However, when I questioned to tell me when they paid a claim, they could not answer me. They said they couldn't talk to me about her insurance, but assured me they had been taking "great care of her for the last 20 years!" Hello?! I thought she had full coverage since the premium was so high-- $683.30 (or $647.70 if she paid in full at once) for six months!! She has never had an accident that was her fault, and since she's only had liability coverage with them, why would they ever say they had paid a claim for her?! That was a big lie! She said she remembered calling them one time because she needed roadside assistance, they told her to call AAA!! Now is that what they call service and taking care of my 89-year-old mother! The premium statement they sent in the mail for renewal did not even identify what coverages she was paying for--and when I asked, they said they could not discuss her insurance with me, at least not without my mother present. So, I took a day off work to go her house, and we placed a call together on her speaker phone. The first time we called we were told the agent was at lunch and would be back in about an hour. So we waited until after an hour had pasted and tied to call again. This time we got the agent's voice mail. We left a message to call back as soon as possible. We waited another hour, and called again, and again got his voice mail. It was at this point that I began to feel that we were being avoided, so we called again and I left the message that we were still waiting for return phone call and had been waiting all afternoon and if we didn't get a call back right away, we were not going to pay the bill and were going to look for another insurance company. Well, that did it--we got a call back within 5 minutes. My mother told the agent that she gave her permission for me to speak in her behalf regarding her insurance coverage. When I asked what coverages she had for the $647.70, the agent said "she has a copy of her policy." I said she doesn't know where it is, and I don't have any idea either. I said that whenever I receive my insurance renewal notice from my company that it always showed in detail exactly what was covered. He then reluctantly gave me the coverage information which was minimum coverage amounts, plus towing. That's when I found out she only liability coverage! I said that seemed very high for a person who drives less than 10 miles a week and only in daylight hours! He said that was not high, and yada yada yada. I said that she did not need "towing" because she had AAA for that--he said well that was only $5.30. I said well then that's $5.30 she does not need to pay! Then he again proceeded to say he couldn't speak to me anymore. I said well fine then, we'll just try to find more reasonable insurance elsewhere! He said, "fine, go ahead!" We were both shocked at his comment and lack of concern. I told him that I was going to report him to the BBB, to which he said, "sorry you feel that way, but you can do whatever you want!"

After we hung up, I tried to find insurance through another company--I called one and gave all my mom's information and the agent said she would call me back within 15 minutes with a quote. She did call me back--great! But the story now gets better. This agent said she was sorry but that she could not give a quote because my mother's driver's license had been revoked! Well, this was news to me -- I did not know this. But of course her former insurance agent at SAFECO certainly would have known this! That's why he did not want to discuss anything with me. Apparently, all he was interested in was getting my mom's $647.70 for six months, all the while knowing that if she would have an accident and turned it in to SAFECO, they would not honor the claim because they could legitimately say that since her driver's license was revoked, she no longer had coverage! What jerks! And do you think they would have refunded her premium payment of $647.70?! I think not. How unethical are these crooks! They will no longer take advantage of my mother, and I would advise anyone considering auto insurance coverage to not do business with SAFECO unless they don't mind being screwed!
 15th of Feb, 2012 by   stephen wall 0 Votes
i had sever damage to my home 20, 000 had 30, 000 water sewage back up drain stopped up at street . my agent wanted to pay. safeco man said he wanted to pay but his boss wouldn't let him he told my lawyer that statement. im gonna file suit . they never even came and looked at my house.stephen wall Jackson tenn 38305

Latest Scams Sweeping the United States