logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (20 mins ago)
Busuu.com
Shame on them for their awful business methods
2. (23 mins ago)

Safe Guard America Alarms Contacts & Informations

Safe Guard America Alarms

Posted:    Juanita Jones

Worst alarm company ever

We have had a contract with Safe Guard for only a year now and have had 7 service calls for faulty wireless connections (which of course not their fault, we need to learn "to get over it and let them keep fixing it and we need to believe in their company" which was what I was told by one of the "Customer service" reps).

Seriously, I was told to get over it and when my Valentines Day was ruined the guy had the balls to tell me that if I was his wife, he would tell her to cancel the service, but since I wasn't, I should get over it. Don't believe it when they say wireless... it really means "magnets that will fail on a dime". Their excuses were, and I quote "it is the humidity in the air, it is the moisture in the air, it is environmental, and my ultimate favorite was, maybe it is your son. My son is 2 1/2 and cant even get to his window. And the alarm goes off when we AREN'T at home so lets blame the kid. DON'T SIGN A CONTRACT... If they give you free service for all of your problems, then you still have to pay up to 30 months of UNPAID months to get out of your contract. We only paid 3 months and they consider the other 10 months as unpaid.

Run, not walk, away from this company!!!
Comments United States Security Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

28th of Jul, 2009 by   katitram -1 Votes
Totally agree. We canceled a contract for our company but they still charge us and tell us we didn't cancel in time (6 mos in advance). Then they say they HAVE to bill thru the end of the month. The other contract we had expired at the beginning of the month also, we gave them 30 days notice but not 60 (even though they bill thru the end of the month, they won't let you cancel thru the end of the month). DO NOT SIGN A CONTRACT...DO NOT RENEW...DO NOT USE THESE PEOPLE. I'm suing them personally and professionally for three different contracts they did not honor properly.
 16th of Aug, 2009 by   phublal -1 Votes
I agree also, I had a contract with this company and and at the end, they never sent out a reminder, and now they've automatically renew it, and now sending us a bill even though my wife told them we don't want to renew, DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY, un professional customer service was no help. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY.
 25th of Sep, 2009 by   pbuzz -1 Votes
I strongly disagree with this person. I have had Safeguard America monitor the alarm equipment in my house for 4 years now, and have been extremely happy. The technician who originially activated my equipment was very professional. Also, once my system siren went off and the telephone calls started immediately. This is a good company that I would strongly recommend.
 1st of Oct, 2009 by   Disgruntal -1 Votes
This last guy must be a company employee. This company is one of the worst I have ever come across. Their customer service is very argumentative and they do not monitor. I have set off my alarm on several ocassions and nothing...no call back through the system, cops, or anything.

I have been with this company for 4 years (not by choice), and now they have automatically renewed my contract which I am suppose to honor (right). I call to cancel and now they say I must put it in writing 60 day prior to termination.

They will never get another dime of my money, any adverse actions will be meant with a law suit.

For all in search of a home security company, THIS IS NOT THE ONE!!!

Don't waste your time or money and call your homeowner association if they knock on your door solicting their service.

Buyer beware!!! You will definitely get what you pay for...no service!!!
I'm calling News Channel 8 (8 on your side).
 5th of Oct, 2009 by   Safeguard America +1 Votes
I wanted to take some time to address some of the issues that have been raised on this website. Yes it is true that the contract automatically renews if notice is not sent 60 days prior to the contract end date but this is clearly stated in the contract and is common practice in the alarm industry. It is imperative to always read a contract prior to signing regardless of the situiation. If you had a 36 month agreement for monitoring and we terminated your service exactly on the contract end date and you were broken into or had a fire we would be responsible and you would be upset. The contract is designed to describe our obligations to you as well as your obligations to us. The previous complaint only states that no one ever responded when his alarm went off but fails to describe any methods he took to resolve the issue ie. service calls etc. There are many reasons that may cause an interuption of service between the monitoring center and a subscriber including changing phone service, system malfunction etc. but without proper diagnostics or evaluation it is unfair to point fingers as to the cause. Safeguard America is the 20th largest alarm comapany in the industry and utilizes a state of the art monitoring center that services the United States Dept Of Defense and The Fire Dept Of The City Of New York fire monitoring with a 98% pass rating. We also have a 97% customer satisfaction rating with all our customers.
 3rd of Nov, 2009 by   Abbott S. Ford +1 Votes
We've never had a single situation with any negative issues described. I do understand that the company uses the same monitoring center as the DOD. When we first started using our alarm system, we quickly realized that any "falsing" was due to keypad errors, or not bypassing quickly enough (20 sec). We have a SIMON unit, and it works perfectly.
 16th of Dec, 2009 by   Disguntal -2 Votes
Safeguard America - The interuption in my serice was clearly a person not paying attention to the system. I set the alarm off and waited for the company yo call throught the system. To speculate that the phone number has change or that I did nothing to resolve the issue clearly your opinion.
I call the monitoring station while the alarm was blasting in my ear. The representative on the other end said I cannot hear you so I went outside and asked do they see a fault at my address - answer was, OH! how long has that been happening.
This was not the only time I set the system off. Each case was different. The employees are rude and not customer oriented. You say that the company is the 20th largest in the industry, with unscupulous practices such as the automatic renewal for a full contract term (not month to month), and rude employees, I see that rating falling fast.
Laws are being errected in Florida to stop automatic renewal to protect the consumer form being ripped off. Maybe, once all states follow suite, Safeguard America will hire and train their employees to project a better attidue than what everyone is experiencing today.
Company ratings fall when the customer support staff is not qualified and respectful to the clientel.
Last point - Telephone number hasn't changed in 10 years or anytime since the contract was signed.
Check your ratings again.

Abbott S. Ford - Never said anything was wrong with the system. The system was the same as the one I already had; it was the service that turn me sour.
Your time is coming - they'll get you too if changes aren't made within their staff.
 16th of Dec, 2009 by   Disguntal -1 Votes
Check the National Burglar and Fire Alarm Association, when researching an alarm company.
Safeguard America isn't a member.
 17th of Dec, 2009 by   SafeguardManager +1 Votes
Dear Disguntal,

I am very sorry that you have been experiencing difficulty with your alarm system and wish to address any concerns or issues that you may have. It is my #1 priority to insure that you are satisfied 100%. I have some questions... Firstly you mentioned that the system we are monitoring was one that you already had in your house correct? Meaning we did not install it. What monitoring rate are you paying and when you signed up for the service did you take advantage of the lifetime warranty that includes parts and labor and lightning? We offer many different options regarding monitoring and the customer has the option to take advantage of any of our additional services. If a customer opts for our lowest rate of just $17.95, this is just for basic service that includes police, fire and medical. There is no warranty. Should you desire to have a warranty the monitoring rate would then be $29.95 per month on an existing system. Because we did not install your system for you it is difficult, without having a technician do an onsite inspection, to determine the cause of your malfunction. When a system reprogramming takes place the technician does an inspection of the system and confirms that it is properly communicating with the monitoring center. It is very possible that your system started to malfunction sometime after the initial installation but this is just speculation. I notice that you never mention having a technician come to your home to diagnose the problem, has a technician ever come to your home to check the system? I understand all of my customers concerns as I am a customer myself but I can only assume that the disagreement with customer service was over the cost of the service fee for the technician to come to your home to check the system because when you signed up you chose not to take advantage of the warranty. Is this what happened? Please try and understand that if you did not have a warranty like with any other product i.e. television, air conditioner or appliance there would be a service charge.

I would at this time like to extend an olive branch to you and give you my direct number so that you may contact me to resolve this issue, I also welcome any and all other consumers who have or have had an issue to contact me as well. My name is Mark Tosoni and I am the General Manager for the central Florida area. I will do my best to insure that all of your issues or concerns are addressed.

Mark Tosoni
General Manager CF
Safeguard America
407-852-0403
 17th of Dec, 2009 by   SafeguardManager +1 Votes
P.S. Safeguard America's parent company is Safe Home Security and we are members of the National Burglar and Fire Alarm Association- NBFAA. You can verify this by going to www.alarm.org.

Thanks,
Mark Tosoni
 19th of Dec, 2009 by   Ridiculous Complaints +1 Votes
I think that the previous complaints are from Safeguard America's competitors and I think this site should police these complaints more thoroughly. I have been a Safeguard customer now for over four years and have been satisfied with their service. All alarm companies have a three year contract no matter who you go to whether it's Brinks or ADT. As a matter of fact I had ADT and every year I received a rate increase, I never received one with Safeguard America and they lowered my rate after the first three years. People really need to read the contracts that they sign prior to leaving a bad review that could potentially harm someone's business. I am a small business owner and would hate if it were done to me. If you enter into an agreement and the agreement states you must notify the company 60 days prior to the end of your contract term if you want to cancel then notify them 60 days in advance and it won't renew tell them you want to go month to month. Don't get upset because YOU failed to live up to the terms of an agreement YOU signed. It's the same thing with Brink's they have a 1 year auto-renewal does that make them crooks too?

One thing to seriously consider is that for a company that is SOOOO BADDD they only received a couple of complaints and the first one was in 2007 almost three years ago and that complaint was just plain ridiculous!! Magnets are glued on with industrial strength glue and don't just fall of from "humidity". Now if your home is eight years old and so are the magnets that might be possible but these people claim they only had the system for one year so how could that be possible???????
 12th of Jan, 2010 by   joelred -1 Votes
i been with them for two years i had so many problem with them they been to my house about ten times so far this system is junk and we are paying for service for no reason half the time when the alarm goes of and we are in the house no one calls back or no cops i advice you to go to other security system not safe home security
 21st of Jan, 2010 by   TRADE AND CRAFTERS -1 Votes
I HAVE BEEN IN SECURITY FOR MANY MANY YEARS-SEEN OLD SYSTEMS WHICH WORK, AND NEW ONES THAT DID NOT. SOME NEW INNOVATIONS MAY COME INTO THE MARKET-OBVIOUSLY, THEY MUST BE TRIED AND VETTED IN A NUMBER OF ENVIRONMENTS. WHAT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE, FROM ANY COMPANY OR SUB-CONTRACTOR UNIT IS LACK OF KNOWLEDGE OF FUNCTIONAL SYSTEM, LACK OF WORKMANSHIP IN DISPENSING THE PRODUCY INITIALLY, LACK OF QUALITY PRODUCT BEING INSTALLED, AND, YES. RUDENESS OR LACK OF CHEERFUL ADVICE TO CUSTOMER. THE CUSTOMER IS PAYING FOR A QUALITY PRODUCT AND SERVICE, AND HAS EVERY RIGHT TO EXPECT THAT SATISFACTION---WHATEVER EXTRA MILE IT MAY TAKE TO SWEETEN THE RESULT! THAT IS THE AMERICAN WAY---ANYTHING LESS WILL QUEER THE REPUTATION OF THE OVERSEE COMPANY, AND MUTE THE SALES OF THE SYSTEM!
 21st of Jan, 2010 by   TRADE AND CRAFTERS -1 Votes
OF COURSE, THE ABOVE BEING SAID---AND I DO NOT SAY THIS IN MIRTH OR IN LEVITY-----THE BEST WATCH OF A PREMESIS FOR YOUR SECURITY DOLLAR--IS THE COMMON SECURITY GUARD! A COP---HE IS NOT-AND NOT HELD TO THE DEGREE OF DECISION-MAKING. BUT LOOK AT THE PAY GRADE! IF YOU LIKE CCTV MONITORS OR VIDEO SURVEILLANCE SYSTEMS, OR ALARMS; YOU CAN PAY OUT THE WHAZZOOO-AND HAVE BATTERIES FAIL, COMPONENTS FAIL, AND WAVE BYE-BYE TO YOUR MERCHANDISE ON VIDEO CAMERAS AS THE THEIVES SKIP OFF INTO THE NIGHT. BUT THAT LOWELY, UNDERPAID GUARD---HE CAN PICK UP THE PHONE AND CALL THE REAL COPS--FAST! SIMPLE TRUTH. YOUR ONLY OTHER OPTION--GET A GUN AND CARRY IT---AND FOR GOD'S SAKE---BE PROFICIENT AND CERTAINLY DISCRIMINATING WITH USE OF "DEADLY FORCE". IF YOU KILL THE NEIGHBOR BY ACCIDENT, OR A CHILD GETS HOLD OF A FIREARM---THERE WILL BE HELL TO PAY FOR A LIFETIME.!!!THAT BEING SAID-THE CHOICE IN SECURITY MEASURES IS TOTALLY YOUR---CHOOSE WISELY!!!
 21st of Jan, 2010 by   TRADE AND CRAFTERS -1 Votes
PS' A QUALITY SYSTEM INSTALLER WILL N-O-T REUSE OLD SYSTEM MAGNET DOOR AND WINDOW CIRCUITS--THAT IS LIKE REUSING A CLEANED OUT OIL FILTER AND PUTTING NEW OIL IN A CAR! THE SYSTEM WILL BE TESTED AND RETESTED-USING THE ADULT PATTERNS OF USE, AND THE CILDREN'S ACCESS PATTERNS OF USE. AGAIN-THE INSTALLATION MUST BE FLAWLESS; THE COMPONENTS MUST BE NEW AND WELL MANUFACTURED ! THIS SYSTEM, ALONG WITH QUALITY FIREARMS AND GUARD TRAINING MAKE UP THE CRUX OF THE SECURITY INDUSTRY IN THIS COUNTRY-THE FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE MUST BE QUALITY, QUALIFIED, AND FLEXIBLE FOR INNOVATION AND DURABILITY TO KEEP UP WITH THE DISCRIMINATING AND VARIED DEMANDS OF THE CLIENTS.
 1st of Feb, 2010 by   Charismawoman 0 Votes
I have personally had contact with SAFEGUARD AMERICA as far as telemarketing for them and I can tell you that this company does everything possible to satisfy it's customer. They are very quick to return a call to you to help meet all your security needs. They handle each customer as quickly as possible and I personally worked with one of the top notch Sales Representative this country has from this industry. He is very knowledgeable about our product, very patient and kind with his customers, and will go many extra miles to ensure that everything is done accurately and to your satisfaction. One must remember, this is a highly competitive industry and it includes many long hours, numerous hours of driving to just one customer at a time and each representative aims to do their very best to be sure their customer is satisfied 100%. I personally know the owner, Mark Tosoni as well and he is a man of integrity, a man of honesty, of high moral values and does everything he can to meet all your security needs and expects the same of his representatives. Again, I'm certain some other competitors are playing their games to put their "mark" against SAFEGUARD AMERICA, but rest assured - we have several thousands of happy and satisfied customers who have stayed with us for many years. And yes, as with any agreement you need to be involved and read what you're signing, as you are ultimately responsible for the service provided to you like anything else in life!
 11th of Feb, 2010 by   not sure what to believe +1 Votes
I am a Safeguard America customer as well. I have only been with them for a year however have not had any issues. I seriously hope that I never have to deal with what some of their other customers have had to go through. They give a month free monitoring for every person I refer and that's how I came across these complaints. I referred my neighbor and he did research and brought these complaints to my attention. I was completely shocked when hearing how they treated their customers. I however experienced a much more pleasant experience from the beginning. The representative was kind and sweet.(I was looking for an alarm so the call couldn't have come @ a better time to protect me and my 2kids from my crazy ex-husband)and when she couldn't answer my ?s i was transferred to a Jessica who was also very kind and patient with my ?s. I was then scheduled for an instillation the Next day( If that's not prompt). The technician was great! I believe his name was Steven and he was very professional. The piece of mind was worth it all. I have set it off by mistake and they spoke right through my touch-pad. I didn't remember my password and they sent the police. I was embarrassed however realizing what if it wasn't me? Also I called to ask if possible to move my motion to a better area and they sent the same polite technician and he moved it and didn't charge me. I truly hope they continue being great 2 me as i will to them. Also if those complaints ARE from competitors that's not right. You're not only hurting the company but myself as well. My neighbor now is unsure and I could have used Another free month considering the economy. So please think about the little people too. I have 2 raise 2 kids on my own n would like to feel safe. So safeguard America I'm sorry you're getting attacked it just wont be from me. Thanks
 21st of Feb, 2010 by   SafeguardManager +1 Votes
Please be advised that that I have been notified that this particular complaint blog has been setup by one of our competitors. A potential customer advised me that they were directed to this site by a competitor in an effort to sway the decision of choosing an alarm company in their favor. This is an unscrupulous practice and I advise anyone who is directed to this site by an alarm salesman be wary of the company they are dealing with. An alarm company should earn their customer's business by providing superior service and laying out the benefits of going with their company, NOT bashing or fabricating misinformation.

As a result of these false accusations I issue a challenge... Any customer who arrives at this site and is concerned about the honesty, reliability and excellent service of our company will be provided with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. This means that if for any reason you are dissatisfied with our service and we are not able to resolve the issue within a reasonable time will be able to cancel their contract WITHOUT penalty. Please advise your security representative that you would like to take advantage of this guarantee. I challenge our competitors to offer the same guarantee of customer satisfaction.

Have a wonderful day.
 22nd of Feb, 2010 by   SafeguardManager +1 Votes
Please also take the time to utilize the search feature of this website site to take a look at the other security company's complaint history. I am proud to say we have the least complaints of all our competitors. ADT, Brinks, Broadview etc. have pages and pages of complaints. This should be the ultimate barometer of our customer satisfaction.
 4th of Mar, 2010 by   NotSoSunnyInFlorida 0 Votes
My husband and I just bought a house and what do you know, a week of living there and a "Silverline Security" Rep comes knocking on my door offering to install the alarm system the same day FOR FREE if we'd agree to put the sign in the yard. As a member of the military, Criminal Justice/Pre-Law student looking for an alarm company I was interested in what he had to say. He said "I will install the alarm for FREE today, it only takes about an hour and you will be truly satisfied. We are the best company around! We have a wireless system that does not need a phone line and it's better than any other wired alarm system you may have heard of." I became skeptical b/c he was attempting to force this on us and kept trying to change the subject, asking questions about my son (4 yrs old), what we did for a living, when we bought the house, etc. What did any of this have to do with presenting us with information about the alarm????? He said you don't have to pay ANYTHING FOR 3 MONTHS. I will waive all the fees including installation, cellular, and any other equipment to be installed. I asked, what's the catch? Nothing in life is FREE it comes at some cost. He responded, "why are you being skeptical of me? I'm being honest with you... it will cost you nothing for the first 3 months, I'll reduce your contract from 5 yrs to 3 yrs. The 3 months free will be coming directly from my pocket." I did not believe what he was saying, I asked him for a business card, he didn't have one, I asked him for a broucher, he didn't have that either... I told him we needed 24 hrs to think it over and do our research. He continued to say, "I'm giving you guys a GOOD DEAL, I'm going to pay your first 3 months for you, I'll even cut the monitoring charge in HALF and it'll only be $49.99 a month instead of $100." I asked him again, so you're saying: we pay nothing up front, you'll give us half off monitoring and you'll be able to have it installed whenever we want???" Yes, he says. I told him to give us 24 hrs and I would let him know either way. And what do you know, he shows up at my house the very next day (less than 24 hours) and tries to talk my husband into just saying yes, I was in the house at the time, my husband told him to knock on the door and talk to me. I told him, ok we're going to go ahead and go with you guys. He was excited, he immediately got on the phone and called whoever it was he was calling. I told him we could take this outside to where my husband was. Once outside my phone rang, I stepped aside to answer it, and I look back and he's trying to get my husband to sign the contract with out the chance of reading it first. I immediately hung up my phone and stopped it before he did! I told him we needed to read over these forms before anyone signed anything. I had questions about Section 3, (monitoring) by the way was on a preprinted contract, that had 60 months rather than the agreed upon 36 month term. He scratched through it and said "oh it's no problem we can change that". I also noted that section 4 (also preprinted) had $49.99, the fee that he supposedly was "cutting in half for us". I read over the entire contract and nothing seemed fishy besides the two items noted above, so I said ok we'll go ahead with it. He said oh I need you to sign this form (Titled: Residential Service Application) just to verify you own the home. Before anyone signed I also read over that form. A paragraph under "Emergency Contacts" said that we agreed to have someone check our credit. I asked about that, he said "NO NO NO!!! I need your social security number to do that and I didn't ask for that. We WON'T RUN A CREDIT CHECK. This form is simply for us to call in and have our contacts with Leon County tell us whether or not you are the actual home owners." I asked are you sure??? He said yes, my husband signed the form. After all this is said and done he says, "oh yea we do everything in steps and now we're to the point where I must COLLECT 3 MONTHS PAYMENT UP FRONT BEFORE THE INSTALLER COMES TO COMPLETE THE INSTALLATION." What the F*CK???? I began to get upset and I explained to him this is not what he told us. He said well let me call my boss and see if we can waive this, I'm pretty sure it won't be a problem. He walks from the back yard of my house to the front and is talking to "James", he comes back and says: well we just need one month up front to get this done, and can you also give me a voided check? I said no, this is not what you told us, I have yet to see any type of proof that you can offer what you promised. With that being said I told him to get lost and kept the paper work. He left. I called 800-833-3211 and complained, the rep said he would forward the info to his boss and he's sorry about the experience but that's not how they conducted business. I awoke this morning and had a notification from Experian stating changes have been made to my credit report... hmmmmm I wondered, I went to check it out and what do you know "Silverline Securities" ran a credit check on me with out my permission. I never signed any papers allowing them to do this, nor did i give them a verbal!!! I never provided them my social security number. I specifically asked if they would do this and he told me "no.

I would have done business with this company "SafeGuard America" but why??? When you have sales people pull shady stuff like this there's no wonder there aren't MORE COMPLAINTS!!! Stay FAR AWAY FROM THEM.

The sales person's name is Michael Duran and his number he provided for work is (435) 503-2760, I live in Tallahassee FL.

Saving on Holiday Travel