logo

rolkolsen
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Canada
rolkolsen.com
Scam in Halifax. Guys pretending they are in a hurry - trying to sell off electronic stuff like surround sound, home theater systems, projectors etc...out of their trucks/vans in busy parking lots and by ATM's. This stuff looks very very legit. all the right looking boxes, packaging and a $MSRP amount painted on the box that is very high! (like $2700). However, these guys will sell for very very cheap (to good to be true prices) stating they are delivery drivers and the high end product was an extra put on their truck by an order mistake and all they want is to get rid of it. Actually, these electronics are only worth about $50 - $100 !!! They have professional looking web sights endorsing them which are fake as well http://rolkolsen.com These brands are not even avaliable in stores!

rolkolsen rolkolsen rolkolsen

Comments Canada Consumer Electronics
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

18th of May, 2012 by   rip dof +1 Votes
Got me to, in Burlington Ont 19/5/2012.also know someone else who was approached but was smart enough to decline
 9th of Jul, 2012 by   broker than broke -1 Votes
My son just got scammed exactly the way you stated above...right by the atm he was depositing his paycheck into. Hopefully this $400.00 mistake will be the last time he's such a sucker. As a mom, I wish I could get hold of the a**h*** that took him. Oh well.
 18th of Jul, 2012 by   JESUS JIMENEZ 0 Votes
OK AMI ME CHINGARON CON $200 DOLARES LAS PERSONAS QUE ME OFRECIERON ESTE PRODUCTO ERAN AMERICANOS Y YO SOLO PAGUE 200, ESTAS PERSONAS CONDUCIAN UNA CAMIONETA TIPO VAN FAMILIAR Y CON PLACAS DE OREGON CUIDADO!!! AYA FUERA
 1st of Aug, 2012 by   Rolkolsen_R +1 Votes
got thier plate number: BMSB 955
i got offered from $1000 to even $300 instead of $2700, i was smart enough to refuse it.
 1st of Oct, 2012 by   Scammedneveragain +1 Votes
Was coming out of Canadian tire in Alliston, Ontario and was approached by van and guys we repeatedly said no, then the opened the box showed the equipment and we showed us the ratings in a magazine and we called the electronics store and they guy said it was good, we paid them $130 cash. Tried to find the equipment on the way home on the iPhone and found this! Called the police to let then know so nobody else gets scammed, we then called back the place they said they worked for and they said the system is worth 50 bucks. They said look up white van scams!! Next time I be taking licence plates no matter what. We are the fools that got won over but KARMA will kick their a??.
 22nd of Oct, 2012 by   will find him +1 Votes
hi there,
guys be alert of the scam guys, , i was going for my afternoon walk n two guys drove in land rover n said they got home theater system for sale, it looked good pricing $2700, , , i offered $250, later on i found the sound system is without amplifier, , pls be alert, the plate number is BMSB 955..
 4th of Jan, 2013 by   Slimjimmy +2 Votes
These guys are roaming around in San Diego with same product and story. They were driving a dark blue ford explorer with Washington license plate AEW4572. We were approached by a skinny guys with heavy tattoos at a traffic light. Glad we were able to avoid them thanks to the comments below!
 14th of Jan, 2013 by   chaseantiscam +2 Votes
i just got scammed today in san diego at an arco gas station in oceanside CA same deal two guys pulled up very fast just as i was leaving in probably the same dark blue explorer one guy got out about 5'10 dark hair dark eyes bout 24 yrs old kept insisting on selling me this rolkolsen r10 system i kept saying no i dont have no money i thought the deal was to good to be true seeing the msrp was $2700 the kid was so pushy that he picked up the box and threw it in the back of my truck i didnt consider buying until he pulled out a home audio magazine he said he got from best buy and showed me the same system in there for $2700 so i offered him $100 he acted like i was a crook savagely ripping him off so i handed him 40 more dollars he took the money and drove off real quick. i right away looked it up on my i phone and knew i got scammed.
 22nd of Jan, 2013 by   David Delgado +1 Votes
Hi my David I got their picture and the plate number what do I do if I don't have a recit. Too prove to the cop this is fraud Txt me at 213 616 5437
 22nd of Jan, 2013 by   David Delgado -1 Votes
I also did pay but for only 100 buck for the small kit but am still piss. The fact I can't flip it and make more !!!
 25th of Jan, 2013 by   SDS2013 0 Votes
Got my brother in San Diego. Sold it to him for $200. It was a home theater system Rolkosen r-40. Ridiculous! The sound is horrible and I believe the value is only $100. My brother has learned his lesson.
 25th of Jan, 2013 by   SDS2013 0 Votes
Cont.
value was at $3000.
 27th of Jan, 2013 by   chaseantiscam 0 Votes
hey i go scammed in oceanside. What did those fools look like /what were they driving.
 27th of Jan, 2013 by   bellamie 0 Votes
This scam is as old as time. People still fall for it?
 27th of Jan, 2013 by   chaseantiscam 0 Votes
if anyone has info about these guys scamming in san diego north county hit me up 760 717 0011 I'm trying to track these f*****s down, i wrote the entry about getting scammed in oceanside ca
 4th of Feb, 2013 by   AngryCuban 0 Votes
Got me in Vacaville. I didn't realize that what they are doing is not illegal at all. Couple of tweekers makin a bit of money. One kid told me he was 25. dark complected dark hair and eyes about 5'6" the other a white dude with light hair and blue eyes. Watch out for the white suv Sacramento. The police can do nothing about these people.
 7th of Feb, 2013 by   austin2913 0 Votes
one of there #s is 6572354702 red explorer. just got fucked also. damn idiot i am. gave em 240$
 7th of Feb, 2013 by   austin2913 0 Votes
for the r-40 whatever the difference is. theres a lesson to me though
 20th of Feb, 2013 by   oh shit 0 Votes
EVERY ONE IN SAN FERNANDO VALLEY818 should whatch out for two guy in a white Toyota seen them in the Northridge mall parking lot .
 5th of Mar, 2013 by   lrmin 0 Votes
paid 50$ for it today. worked them down from 800. shoulda known. it was a guy and a girl in a white suv in the union bank parking lot off of college in san diego.

Pay As You Drive Auto Insurance