Enjoy all the features! Create an account or Sign In

Posted: 2012-04-03 by

Removal of local ABC channel 13

Direct TV
Nebraska
We are upset that Direct TV has not come to terms with ABC to continue airing our local channel 13 out of Kearney, which is our primary channel of interest. If this is not resolved quickly we will move our business to another company where we can receive the service we signed on for. Direct TVs rates continue to increase significantly, and we do not feel we are receiving the service we are paying for.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category News & Media
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Apr, 2012 by    0 Votes
I just recently cut the cord with DirecTV (I was a 10 year customer) because of ever increasing prices. I bought an antenna (check http://transition.fcc.gov/mb/engineering/maps/ to see what channels you should get ) and now I get the network channels in HD for free and the signal is great (have a 42" HD TV). I compliment my antenna content with streaming content (Amazon Prime, Netflix, Hulu Plus, each avg from 6-8 dollars a month) via a Roku box and my monthly bill is less than a third of what it was. There are now a lot of alternatives out there that offer a much better value than dish or cable. Google cutting the cable cord to find out if it might work for you. The only thing you have to lose is a big cable bill :)
 3rd of Apr, 2012 by    0 Votes
I hate to defend DirecTV, but the problem you have is with the network affilites raising prices, not DirecTV. The ABC affiliate is probably asking for a pretty high premium and DirecTV is not willing to pay that much. If DirecTV or any other TV provider just caves in to all network's demands, you'd be paying significantly more. Call ABC channel 13 and voice your concern with them.
 3rd of Apr, 2012 by    0 Votes
thud, I have no need to call ABC or any other network and voice my concerns as I get their HD content for FREE. My point is that there are now viable, more cost effective ways to get your entertainment than just dish or cable.

Should You Insure Your Wedding?