logo

3. (3 mins ago)
Socal Events Inc
Deceptive hiring practices
4. (29 mins ago)
Chennai Govt. MTC buses - (formerly PTC)
Crowded buses & worst roads

Regcure Pro

Posted: 2012-11-12 by    Judithgoldendoodle

Scam

Paratologic
I purchased RegCure Pro on the internet and following is what I sent to their customer service dept.

I did not have a product registration issue. After my order for RegCure was processed, I got a screen that said the following:

Activate your new software by calling
(888) 288-9753
call toll-free Weekdays and Weekends
24 Hours

From this message It was my understanding that I needed to call this number to activate the software I had just purchased. A very aggressive lady came on the line and gave me the very bad news that all kinds of bad things were in my computer running "underneath" the virus protection that was installed on my computer. She obtained my permission to take over control of my computer and navigated to an area where she said all of the bad stuff was. She said I needed to spend $200 immediately and she would transfer me to a level 3 technician who would get my computer cleaned up. She advised that I should not use my computer until this was done --- I would ruin my computer if I used it. When I said "no"she told me to take it to Best Buy or Staples and ask for a Level 3 Tech to clean it and it would cost me $500.00. She said she was a Level 1 technician. I asked her if she could just activate the RegCure (that is all I called for) and she said she had already done that. I hung up and ran the scan and every problem that had been discovered was fixed. How can this not be a scam? Do you think I need to take my computer for this extreme cleaning? Maybe I am the one who is in denial that something is seriously wrong -- my computer was new 2 months ago.
Comments United States Antivirus Software
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

2nd of Dec, 2012 by   TheWayItIs 0 Votes
Your scam = sales pitch. "she obtained my permission to take control of my computer." If you were suspicious - why would you let an unknown access your PC???? BTW- you can get plenty of FREE clean up, utilities software from Cnet.com.
 11th of Dec, 2013 by   Castmaster 0 Votes
I agree with the money grubbing scam directing you to call 888-288-3753 to activate the product I bought. I was told in order to activate the product the technician needed access to my computer. Once in I was told horrific thinks were bad and my computer was going to crash if not rectified. I was also told I needed to spend $200.00 right then or take to Best Buy and pay more to correct the issues. This is at the top of my list of bad business. Any company that partners with another to get as deep into your wallet as Reg Pro does not deserve to be in business. Also after running the Reg Pro many things I had and needed disappeared. One being my recycle bin completely emptied without so much as a prompt asking if I wanted this action done. I had over $200.00 in books and music in recycle bin I regularly moved in and out of my Ipod. All were gone. When I contacted them I was told it was were all deleted files went and the program cleared deleted files. This is not the way I use my recycle bin. They obviously need to read the definition of Recycle!!! Bottom line I paid $30.00 to lose over $200.00. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS.
 22nd of Jan, 2014 by   Robin D. Massin 0 Votes
Reg cure pro downloaded automatically on my 4 year old Hewlett PC 700 Desktop and corrupted the hard drive one week ago. I want the company to replace the hard drive! Robin Massin Boynton Beach Florida Robin@robinreps.com 561-531-531-1135
 30th of Apr, 2014 by   Logjammer +1 Votes
The scam is that if you let them take control of your computer, they will "find" all sorts of problems that don't actually exist, prompting you to pay large sums of money otherwise your computer will be useless. DON'T get sucked in. If you let them take your computer over, make sure you click on the red X after your session to get control back, otherwise they still have access.
While Regcure pro is a good product, the question is whether you need it or not? The scam is that they force you to believe you do.
 3rd of May, 2014 by   Laurence M. White 0 Votes
This software company is listed by Mircosoft as a Gold development partner. Their software is malware as discovered by my ISP, Windstream.net. So is the Privacy Control. The two will rip you off for $30.00 and most likely your credit card info... IMHO.
 4th of Jul, 2014 by   MADATREGPRO 0 Votes
I was also scammed by regpro with the phone call ? When I told this person that I would take it to someone that I could hand the computer to and know where the computer was and whom was working on it then he told me if I would put in this code he would turn on my REGpro I paid for. I did not know he was taking over my computer until he had access. He told me over and over to go get a cup of coffee because this was going to take awhile. After about forty minutes of sitting in the chair I went to check on dinner and when I returned . I saw that my computer had shut down. I restarted it and it went straight to safe mode. THE GUY RAN A COMPLETE MEMORY WIPE OUT ON MY COMPUTER AND I EVEN LOST MY INTERNET CONNECTION BECAUSE I USE A WIRELESS BELKIN. AFTER RELOADING THIS AND CALLLING THIS COMPANY BACK ALL I GOT OUT OF THEM IS YOUR RENEWAL SUBSCRIPTION HAS BEEN CANCELLED BUT WE ARE NOT REFUNDING . THAT WAS ON 6/27/2014 I PAID ALMOST $50.00 AND THEN HAD TO GO BUY NORTON TO GET THIS THING REMOVED FROM MY COMPUTER. NEVER LET ANYONE REMOTE INTO YOUR COMPUTER EVER!!!
 2nd of Oct, 2014 by   Spuzzum75 0 Votes
These guys are fraudsters through and through. Their dodgy scan shows heaps of problems but fixes nothing.
It wasn't till I opted to get a proper scan from some worthy software did it show the problems and fix my pc.
This mob offers money back guarantee but gives you nothing but headaches. Be careful also when you pay as they will hook you into future automatic payments that you have not agreed to. Its a wonder how people like this are allowed to continue to operate.
Welcome to the buyer beware world we live in. I'm so agree with myself that I didn't do the appropriate research that would have avoided the pain.
 2nd of Oct, 2014 by   Pareto Rep 0 Votes
Hello

I am very sorry to hear of the recent difficulties that you have experienced. ParetoLogic is dedicated to customer satisfaction and we would like to hear from you via our official
support channels.

To contact our support site, please send an email to customersupport@paretologic.com and someone will get back to you promptly. If you would prefer, you are also able to give us a call on our toll free line of 1-877-420-7340 between the hours of 9 a.m. and 4 p.m.
Pacific Standard Time.

We truly appreciate your business, and look forward to hearing back from you.

Kindest Regards