logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (10 mins ago)
Wrinkle Acres Dog Kennel **KAREN WILSON**
Bad bad bad dog breeder for akc!
2. (17 mins ago)
PAYMENT NOT RECEIVED FOR SERVICE RENDERED

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Reelzhot.com Complaints & Reviews - They automatically set you up for a $50 a month renewal

Reelzhot.com Contacts & Informations

Reelzhot.com

Posted: 2012-06-19 by    Hozey

They automatically set you up for a $50 a month renewal

Reelzhot.com
reelzhot.com
They offer a free 5 day membership to watch movies immediately. First they do not have every movie that comes up on their search. Secondly, they automatically set you up for a $50 a month renewal after the 5 days and if you want to cancel before that $50 charge kicks in they charge $.95. They say they need the credit card number to set up the free account in case you rent a movie beyond the free time. What a crock.
Comments United States Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

30th of Jul, 2012 by   JRohaaan 0 Votes
This is pure hoax. I was completely unaware of the Euro 40 charges when I subscribed for the free trial. If they act to be so transparent why don't they tell us beforehand about the charges after 5 days. Who reads all the terms and conditions when you are looking to see movies online. This is cheating. Also, when I cancelled the membership, I did not receive any confirmation email (I did it thrice and still no email). The worst part is that the movies on their showcase are utter rubbish. Unheard movies are kept for a watch and also you don't find movies that you want either. This website is just making a fool of us. I have had an extremely bad experience.
 5th of Sep, 2012 by   Suitelegacy 0 Votes
This is such a rip-off and they KNOW it !!
They are finding every legal loophole to bend you over for a very unpleasant experience...
Everything that JRohaaan describes is correct...
There should be laws against this piracy and police to enforce these laws.., .
Unacceptable and if you fall for the "Check out of the agreement by clicking here" ...scam...
Jeezzz...I don't know what to do, but my first recourse is to call my credit card company...
On top of the initial charge it seems that these thieves have connected it to another site called reelzhot.com...or is it megaflix.net...I'm just so pissed ... I'm not sure by who or how I'm getting screwed...Gang RAPE !!!...
HELP...HELP...HELP !!!
 3rd of Oct, 2012 by   AlvinLee 0 Votes
Exactly, freaking pissed off when i saw SGD$63.38 deducted from my bank account for no freaking reason. AND, I DIDNT even watch any movies from the website, the website was PURE bullshit. Shit stuffs. Damn scammers. They were lucky it wasn't a Singapore website, I would've file a police report against them... Do i have to cancel the membership stuffs incase it SCAM me again? =/ If so, where do I unregister it. The SCAMMER'S webpage is down.
 12th of Oct, 2012 by   Zharine 0 Votes

They promise a free membership and then hit you for $50 a month - Reelzhot.com

They promise a free membership and then hit you for $50 a month. Stay away!!!
 13th of Dec, 2012 by   sdlb87 0 Votes
I had this same issue where I first got charged $1.99 and I let it go then came the $48.99 charge which through me into overdraft and no that wasn't flying so I went on line and looked at the ironically enough ''refund policy'' it says before the first 30 days are up you can get a full refund ... the woman on the phone sounded completely automated and never completely put me on hold to ''transfer'' me to her 'manager'' and then told me her manager told her to give a complete refund of the $ 48.99 amount
 3rd of Jan, 2013 by   joobb 0 Votes
I cant believe they are so blatantly crooked. They may be operating within the law but ethically, morally and everywhich other way they are simple thieves., If you work for them you should be ashamed of yourself.
 26th of Jan, 2013 by   Timon64 0 Votes
Sigh of relief!!!

I just got conned by these guys and man was i annoyed, I called their cheap buts ready to completely go off on them but then a nice and understanding lady talked to me and i told her how upset i was and she gave me the refund. I have abit more respect now for them, but seriously they need to put that kind of warning in bold letters, so we the buyers can see it!

DON"T LISTEN TO THEIR LITTLE POLICY SAYING THAT FREE TRIAL FEES DON"T GET REFUNDS AT ALL, IT IS A LIE TO KEEP THE MONEY!!!, CALL THEM THEY MIGHT GIVE YOU THE REFUND ANYWAY!!!

This experience definitely opened my eyes, and ill be more careful who i give my card to in the future =)
 5th of May, 2013 by   OWMHepworth 0 Votes
How do I cancel my membership? Really should have read up on this before signing up. It asked me for email and password and I registered for their 'free' membership and put in my card details, then something occurred and I didn't get to see the account fully verified. However after trying to sign up again, it stated that an account had been made, but I now can't login so I can't even cancel my membership. I want to call the number but am living in the UK so am unsure of the costs which will come with that. I have emailed them, but am now so unsure what to do! Scammers piss me off!!!
 19th of May, 2014 by   Petronilo N. Mangoba 0 Votes
reelzhot.com is charging my visa credit card for $49.95 monthly. I don't get any services from them nor have I subscribe to their account. Please tell them to stop it.
 19th of May, 2014 by   Petronilo N. Mangoba 0 Votes
Please can somebody tell us what to do. How can I stop the monthly charges. Do I have to cancel my credit card? Initially, they charged me $1.99. I just ignored it coz it was a small amount. The following month they started charging my credit card for US$49.95.
 4th of Jul, 2014 by   smd1950 0 Votes
What a con!!! Nothing is explained before you join this site and the next thing is you're hit with a monthly fee of nearly $50!!! All I can say is they must be getting quite rich from people who don't cancel and complain!!! I find this totally disgraceful!!! Have the decency to explain that if you join this site then you will be billed for a month's money regardless of not watching any films!!! Totally disgusting behaviour!!! BE WARNED!!!
 6th of Sep, 2014 by   Christ d' King 0 Votes
I just checked on their website and it was stated under TERMS & CONDITIONS:
Membership and Billing
You can find the specific details regarding your membership with Media Reel ltd at anytime by visiting www.reelzhot.com and clicking on the "Your Account" link.

Trial Memberships

Your Media Reel ltd membership may start with a trial(Regular 5 day trial or a 5 day premium download trial). The trial period of your membership lasts for 5 days, or as otherwise specified during sign-up. Your reelzhot.com 5 day trial offer, will begin when you click on "Start Membership" during the registration process. Simply cancel anytime during your 5 day membership, and you will not be charged. To cancel, click on "Your Account" and follow the simple cancellation instructions. If you are enjoying reelzhot.com, do nothing and your membership will automatically continue at the monthly subscription rate. If YOU CANCEL PRIOR TO THE END OF YOUR TRIAL, THERE WILL BE NO CHARGES TO YOUR PAYMENT METHOD

We will begin billing your Payment Method for monthly membership fees at the end of the trial period of your membership unless you cancel prior to the end of the trial period. To view the specific details of your membership, including price and end date of your trial period, visit www.reelzhot.com and click the on the "Your Account" page. Your Payment Method will be authorized for up to approximately one month of service as soon as you register. In some instances, your available balance or credit limit may be reduced to reflect the authorization; however, no charges will be made against the Payment Method unless you do not cancel prior to the end of your trial period. Pending charges, while pending, will, however, reduce the available amount of credit or debit capacity on your Payment Card in the amount of ONE DOLLAR ($1.00) per pending charge. You will not receive a notice from us that your trial period has ended or that the paying portion of your membership has begun. If YOU CANCEL PRIOR TO THE END OF YOUR TRIAL, THERE WILL BE NO CHARGES TO YOUR PAYMENT METHOD. CLICK THE "CANCEL MEMBERSHIP" LINK AT THE TOP OF THE SUPPORT PAGE FOR CANCELLATION INSTRUCTIONS. We will continue to bill your Payment Method on a monthly basis at the one (1) month membership rate for your membership plan until you cancel. You may cancel your membership at anytime.

Now I will be aware of what I am signing for especially If It asking for a credit card so I will not get shocked If I get billed.
We may o