They automatically set you up for a $50 a month renewal

They offer a free 5 day membership to watch movies immediately. First they do not have every movie that comes up on their search. Secondly, they automatically set you up for a $50 a month renewal after the 5 days and if you want to cancel before that $50 charge kicks in they charge $.95. They say they need the credit card number to set up the free account in case you rent a movie beyond the free time. What a crock.
Complaint comments Comments (17) Complaint country United States Complaint category Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful?

30th of Jul, 2012 by    0 Votes
This is pure hoax. I was completely unaware of the Euro 40 charges when I subscribed for the free trial. If they act to be so transparent why don't they tell us beforehand about the charges after 5 days. Who reads all the terms and conditions when you are looking to see movies online. This is cheating. Also, when I cancelled the membership, I did not receive any confirmation email (I did it thrice and still no email). The worst part is that the movies on their showcase are utter rubbish. Unheard movies are kept for a watch and also you don't find movies that you want either. This website is just making a fool of us. I have had an extremely bad experience.
 5th of Sep, 2012 by    0 Votes
This is such a rip-off and they KNOW it !!
They are finding every legal loophole to bend you over for a very unpleasant experience...
Everything that JRohaaan describes is correct...
There should be laws against this piracy and police to enforce these laws.., .
Unacceptable and if you fall for the "Check out of the agreement by clicking here" ...scam...
Jeezzz...I don't know what to do, but my first recourse is to call my credit card company...
On top of the initial charge it seems that these thieves have connected it to another site called reelzhot.com...or is it megaflix.net...I'm just so pissed ... I'm not sure by who or how I'm getting screwed...Gang RAPE !!!...
 3rd of Oct, 2012 by    0 Votes
Exactly, freaking pissed off when i saw SGD$63.38 deducted from my bank account for no freaking reason. AND, I DIDNT even watch any movies from the website, the website was PURE bullshit. Shit stuffs. Damn scammers. They were lucky it wasn't a Singapore website, I would've file a police report against them... Do i have to cancel the membership stuffs incase it SCAM me again? =/ If so, where do I unregister it. The SCAMMER'S webpage is down.
 12th of Oct, 2012 by    0 Votes
They promise a free membership and then hit you for $50 a month. Stay away!!!
 13th of Dec, 2012 by    0 Votes
I had this same issue where I first got charged $1.99 and I let it go then came the $48.99 charge which through me into overdraft and no that wasn't flying so I went on line and looked at the ironically enough ''refund policy'' it says before the first 30 days are up you can get a full refund ... the woman on the phone sounded completely automated and never completely put me on hold to ''transfer'' me to her 'manager'' and then told me her manager told her to give a complete refund of the $ 48.99 amount
 3rd of Jan, 2013 by    0 Votes
I cant believe they are so blatantly crooked. They may be operating within the law but ethically, morally and everywhich other way they are simple thieves., If you work for them you should be ashamed of yourself.
 26th of Jan, 2013 by    0 Votes
Sigh of relief!!!

I just got conned by these guys and man was i annoyed, I called their cheap buts ready to completely go off on them but then a nice and understanding lady talked to me and i told her how upset i was and she gave me the refund. I have abit more respect now for them, but seriously they need to put that kind of warning in bold letters, so we the buyers can see it!

This experience definitely opened my eyes, and ill be more careful who i give my card to in the future =)
 24th of Feb, 2013 by    0 Votes

Reelzhot.com - unable to cancel "membership"

"Free Movie" needs a credit card

automatic hit on card charge
cancel membership does not work
forgot password does not work

5th of May, 2013 by    0 Votes
How do I cancel my membership? Really should have read up on this before signing up. It asked me for email and password and I registered for their 'free' membership and put in my card details, then something occurred and I didn't get to see the account fully verified. However after trying to sign up again, it stated that an account had been made, but I now can't login so I can't even cancel my membership. I want to call the number but am living in the UK so am unsure of the costs which will come with that. I have emailed them, but am now so unsure what to do! Scammers piss me off!!!
 28th of Oct, 2013 by    0 Votes
I can't seem to cancel my membership that was supposed to be free! Has anyone managed to cancel their account I've sent off the cancellation form and its not working I've tried ringing the number and it's also not working! HELP!!!
 19th of May, 2014 by    0 Votes
reelzhot.com is charging my visa credit card for $49.95 monthly. I don't get any services from them nor have I subscribe to their account. Please tell them to stop it.
 19th of May, 2014 by    0 Votes
Please can somebody tell us what to do. How can I stop the monthly charges. Do I have to cancel my credit card? Initially, they charged me $1.99. I just ignored it coz it was a small amount. The following month they started charging my credit card for US$49.95.
 4th of Jul, 2014 by    0 Votes
What a con!!! Nothing is explained before you join this site and the next thing is you're hit with a monthly fee of nearly $50!!! All I can say is they must be getting quite rich from people who don't cancel and complain!!! I find this totally disgraceful!!! Have the decency to explain that if you join this site then you will be billed for a month's money regardless of not watching any films!!! Totally disgusting behaviour!!! BE WARNED!!!
 6th of Sep, 2014 by    0 Votes
I just checked on their website and it was stated under TERMS & CONDITIONS:
Membership and Billing
You can find the specific details regarding your membership with Media Reel ltd at anytime by visiting www.reelzhot.com and clicking on the "Your Account" link.

Trial Memberships

Your Media Reel ltd membership may start with a trial(Regular 5 day trial or a 5 day premium download trial). The trial period of your membership lasts for 5 days, or as otherwise specified during sign-up. Your reelzhot.com 5 day trial offer, will begin when you click on "Start Membership" during the registration process. Simply cancel anytime during your 5 day membership, and you will not be charged. To cancel, click on "Your Account" and follow the simple cancellation instructions. If you are enjoying reelzhot.com, do nothing and your membership will automatically continue at the monthly subscription rate. If YOU CANCEL PRIOR TO THE END OF YOUR TRIAL, THERE WILL BE NO CHARGES TO YOUR PAYMENT METHOD

We will begin billing your Payment Method for monthly membership fees at the end of the trial period of your membership unless you cancel prior to the end of the trial period. To view the specific details of your membership, including price and end date of your trial period, visit www.reelzhot.com and click the on the "Your Account" page. Your Payment Method will be authorized for up to approximately one month of service as soon as you register. In some instances, your available balance or credit limit may be reduced to reflect the authorization; however, no charges will be made against the Payment Method unless you do not cancel prior to the end of your trial period. Pending charges, while pending, will, however, reduce the available amount of credit or debit capacity on your Payment Card in the amount of ONE DOLLAR ($1.00) per pending charge. You will not receive a notice from us that your trial period has ended or that the paying portion of your membership has begun. If YOU CANCEL PRIOR TO THE END OF YOUR TRIAL, THERE WILL BE NO CHARGES TO YOUR PAYMENT METHOD. CLICK THE "CANCEL MEMBERSHIP" LINK AT THE TOP OF THE SUPPORT PAGE FOR CANCELLATION INSTRUCTIONS. We will continue to bill your Payment Method on a monthly basis at the one (1) month membership rate for your membership plan until you cancel. You may cancel your membership at anytime.

Now I will be aware of what I am signing for especially If It asking for a credit card so I will not get shocked If I get billed.
We may o
 11th of Mar, 2015 by    0 Votes
hello my name is jose charo I want to know why in the world I have a charge on my account from you people when I didn't order nothing from you. I don't even stream movies or nothing.your charging me $50.45 for something I didn't order. besides I don't even know how you got a whold of my credit card. I want my refund back of $50.45 please and don't take anything out of my account anymore this account is supposed to be closed now.i want to see my money in my account soon. you credited $49.95 on the 9th of March and turned around and charged me $50.45 on the 10th of march.that does not make sense. thank you
 19th of May, 2015 by    0 Votes
Hi, I am having the same problems that you are with charges of up $63-78 & then they charge for overseas conversions this is happening on a frequent basis i dont know what to do either PLEASE HELP!!
 27th of May, 2015 by    0 Votes
I started to sign up, changed my mind, and did not check the box agreeing to terms and conditions. I thought that would be the end of it. Return from vacation and they had charged $50 on my credit card. I complained to the company that we had I started to sign up, changed my mind, and did not check the box agreeing to terms and conditions. I thought that would be the end of it. Return from vacation and they had charged $50 on my credit card. I complained to the company that no contract because I did not agree to their terms and conditions. They refuse to return my money. Thieves - I'm not going to let this drop because it's a crime.

Contact Us