logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Nowlucky.com
Fake charge and no prize
2. (1 mins ago)
ACS Inc USA
Scammers
5. (10 mins ago)
TraderXP.com
Multiple denied withdrawl request, after stating I was approved by phone.

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Billing

Redbox
Phone: 866-733-2693
redbox.com
Over charged, scam, Red box billed me on Saturday 3/17/12. I returned the videos on 03/19. Then they charged me for additional two nights, should have charged one additional rental night. Their new policy is to refund the first night within 24 to 48 hours. I am wondering how many thousands of people they are holding funds in their bank. How much money is being held in redboxes accounts with this tactic.
Comments United States Unauthorized Charges
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

7th of Jul, 2010 by   Ms. Wanda 0 Votes
I rent from RedBox using 2 separate cards on 1 particular card i received a bill from RedBox in the amount of $103.68 for 4 movies that they say were not returned. The movies were originally received on June 10 and returned to a slow processing kiosk on June 12. they looked @ both my accts & saw that i have returned every last movie i've rented within 1-2 days then said they would give me $40.00 back, which i refused. They are ripping people off and I'm not letting them continue to use my funds 4 there own personal gain. Something has 2 be done, and besides they will not let you speak with a supervisor stating "there are no supervisor's here @ this time" after he had just said he talked with his supervisor & they said to offer me $40 return..
 20th of Nov, 2010 by   Fireman_4X4 0 Votes
About a week ago, we noticed our checking account had been overdrawn by $49.00 and the charge was for Redbox. We have always returned the rental within the next 3 days to avoid such a charge. I called the 800 number listed on their site and spoke with a woman who couldn't even find any record of us ever renting a movie from them. I asked to speak with a supervisor, and approximately an hour later she was able to find our account. According to this so-called "supervisor", our account showed that all movies had been returned. She asked me to fax a copy of our bank statement to correct the issue.
The very next day, we received a SECOND charge for $49.00 and I promptly called them back. I spoke to a different representative who had no trouble finding our information and informed me that 4 movies had not been returned. My first question is "Why did our account say we were in the clear one day, and the next day say we had failed to return 4 movies?"
Due to the charges imposed by redbox, our account was overdrawn by numerous NSF charges. We are now down by $200 and redbox still refuses to refund our money. We will not be using redbox ever again, and urge everyone else to do the same.
 20th of Nov, 2010 by   pobarjenkins 0 Votes
Did they name the movies that you supposedly didn't return? Is it possible at all that you didn't return them?
 8th of May, 2011 by   asilkybush +1 Votes
I dissagree with "there are no supervisor's here @ this time" if you had called and got ahold of this nice sounded gentlemen named Dustin, I am more then sure he could have helped you with that fee. I do not think they were ripping you off though... I bet you didnt return your movie because you sound like a sluggard!!!
 16th of Apr, 2012 by   Redboxcare 0 Votes
Hi there, sorry for any confusion with the new policy. The new billing process is that your card is authorized for whatever the amount of the rental is. This is to make sure funds are available. Within 3-5 business days, that authorization will fall off the account. Once you return the movies, the amount you owe will be charged. If you'd like to see more info or for FAQs about our new billing process, visit: http://www.redbox.com/singlebilling

Beware of Free Land Scam