logo
search

Reader's Digest, Westmount, Québec Complaints & Reviews - Office of the Prize Award Administrator

Reader's Digest Contacts & Informations

Westmount, Québec
Phone: Not available
Letters from Office of The Prize Award Adminstrator -
ATTN: Marisa Orsini

Many prizes, e.g. $500, 000.00, signed by Vice President Karen Burgess, Vice President of Finance Dept.
$60, 000.00, signed by same as above
$31, 500.00, again signed by same as above
$107, 500.00 - again same as above
$3, 500.00, again same as above
$ Keys top as new car, value of $40, 000.00
Free Piero Carlo (D. Alessio watch - Free)

All you must do is say "YES" and mail back to

Reader'w Digest
P.O. Box 1600, STN Westmount
Westmount QC, H3Z 3B4

"LAWRENCE LAVKULIK: 5 BIG CHEQUES WAITING TO BE CASHED!
With all the hard work done. we've left you the easy part. Just return your "cheques" by Dec. 15, 2008 Entry CloseDeadline. Each one is another chance for you to walk away with cash in hand, including our $500, 000.00 Grand Prize plus any one of 360 additional prizes totalling $202, 500.00. I'm waiting to forward our final list of winners to our Vice President of Finance, K. Burgess, for full payment, so please don't delay.

What happens next could be the moment you'd always dreamed about. It's the moment when you see a huge $500, 000.00 depsoit on your bank statement, yours to spend any way you'd want.!"

It goes on and on, someone might believe them, maybe you can stop this crap. I can FAX you pages of mail I get from Reader's Digest. I know one thing, I will never even read THE READERS DIGEST' again. This is garbage, nothing but garbage.

Thanks in advance
Lawrence Lavkulik

P.S. - Would be nice to hear from you and your comments.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country Canada Complaint category Magazines & Newspapers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

19th of Apr, 2007 by    0 Votes

Reader's Digest - I will never subscribe to this magazine again!

Surprise... What surprise??? Talk about the run around! It sends you to unpteen sites -- none of which offer you any 'gift'. How can you claim a gift when you are sent to sites that want nothing but money. Shame on Readers Digest. I will never subscribe to their magazine again. NEVER!!!
 27th of Apr, 2007 by    0 Votes

Reader's Digest - Reader's Digest is a fraud!

So, is this a marketing ploy to see how many people will complain about/or to Reader's Digest regarding the so-called "Free Surprise Gift" which awaits preferred subscribers?

This is how brand names begin to lose credibility with the general public.
 11th of May, 2007 by    0 Votes
I tried to find out how to unsubscribe from receiving the book and got no results.
 17th of May, 2007 by    0 Votes

Reader's Digest - Beware of free gift from Reader's Digest!

To get a so-called "free" gift, you are required to examine another of their products. I don't want to mess with any mailings that I have to examine and return to them. There's always a catch.
 19th of May, 2007 by    0 Votes

Reader's Digest - Unable to locate Free Surprise

Following instructions to go to www.rd.com/surprise, I am unable to know which of the many options to go to to see what the free surprise is. Can't you make it simple, especially for those like me who are not highly sophisticated on computers?
 10th of Aug, 2007 by    0 Votes

Reader's Digest - Fraud and cheating!

My husband ordered a subscription for me from Reader's Digest in June of 2007. In July I received June's magazine and on August 10, 2007 I received July's and August. I had already purchased these at the store. They should not send back issues as part of a new subscription.

Beware!
 20th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes

Reader's Digest - Not magazines received
India

I have subscribed for Reader's Digest magazine for a year and have paid an amount of Rs.379/- for the VPP dated the 18th of August containing the three mystery gifts. But, I have not received a copy of the above mentioned magazine till to this date. Any suggestions?
 28th of Sep, 2007 by    0 Votes
iam waiting 4 the annual prize draw from one year.i contacted u in o6 and i was told that it will be held in dec o6 then i was told that it will take place in the middle of Aug 07.Now Sep month is going to end.kindly let me know.Apart from this i have received 2 gifts of the same kind in a week and had to pay twice to the postman.i have already reported this matter to u on mail but no one has bothered to answer till date.
 19th of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes

Reader's Digest - Send books and invoices without our concern!
United Kingdom

We have received a book worth £18.49 and its bill without our concern, we were not ordered any books from reader's Digest. It mentioned that we have to pay this bill with in 28 days, that book is not useful for us.
 19th of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes

Reader's Digest - Terrible experience!
Red Oak
Iowa
www.rd.com/surprise

First a screen advertising a subscription to their magazine came up along with other web sites to select. Then when the next web site was selected the full screen had an area that indicated that there was a place to logon but there was none.
 24th of Jan, 2008 by    0 Votes

Reader's Digest - Not as advertised!
1743 141A St
Surrey
British Columbia
Phone: 604-536-5506

I recently received 2 offers in the mail headed by rd.ca/ccvault and rd.ca/jackpot. Neither of these links work and there is no money to be won. I am disappointed in RD as I would have thought they would be above this type of fraud.
 1st of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes

Reader's Digest - Nonexistent web site!
15 Easy Street
Winnipeg
Manitoba
Phone: 204-254-0507
www.rd.ca/jackpot

Unable to access the web site! Is this merely a way of obtaining my e- mail address... Anyway beware people!
 8th of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes

Reader's Digest - Scam surprise!
6841 Summer Grace St.
Colo
Colorado
Phone: 719-550-0081
www.rd.com/surprise

I received a card that said " Free surprise gift is waiting for you... To claim your gift log on to: www.rd.com/surprise. When you log on to this address it says "What Surprise!!!"
 12th of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes

Reader's Digest - Free surprise, rip off!
5349 Nicklaus Dr.
Winter Haven
Florida
Phone: 863 318-1651

Free surprise gift is a non-entity. When you try to enter the web site, you get nothing but gobbdy-gook. Another rip-0ff by and supposedly customer oriented company. I am canceling as soon and I can. Good by Reader's Digest.
 27th of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes
i have recieved pending funds transfer and i have been selected , what does this mean whether i got the prize or not
 29th of Feb, 2008 by    0 Votes
I have account and have to owe some money. I have returned three books which you will receive in parcel post. I have informed balance will be paid in small instalments. I am unemployed, sick and old (72 years now) and my income is very low. You have sent a fast cash giveaway free entry for which you want me to be registered. If registered you will be sending books for which I cannot afford to pay. Therefore I request free registration to win any prize and if I get a prize to make use of it for purchase of books or any other articles. I was promised several prizes but never got a single prize having spent lot of monies on purchases from your office.
 14th of Mar, 2008 by    0 Votes

Reader's Digest - Free surprise!
Maple Ridge
Canada

Received my subscription of Reader's Digest magazine. Enclosed was a card telling me to go online and receive a free gift. Can't get through to the site all i find are complaints from other readers who have tried and find the same result. No surprise!!
 16th of Mar, 2008 by    0 Votes
Readers Digest alway has a lot of papaer waste in and with their magazine, and you get more junk mail from them as well.
 19th of Mar, 2008 by    0 Votes
Did you try typing in the URL in the address bar at the top of your web browser? Sometimes, searching in Google (or any other search engine) will not bring up the page but typing it directly in your browser will.
 19th of Apr, 2008 by    0 Votes
Could you please explain what did you do next, because it had happened to my old parent, and poor they also had sent them cheque to RD of around £50, for book they never even ordered.

Pigeon Drop Scam