logo

Cash for Laptops
Price Scam & Damaged Laptop
3. (38 mins ago)
tnbillinfo INTERNET and TNW.BILL.COM VALETTa
Unauthorised amounts being billed to my account
4. (41 mins ago)

Posted:    Alexa

Fraud and cheating

Rainbow Vacuum
rainbowsystem.com
I had a friend who started working for this company, she had to make a certain quota in demonstrations to even get a paycheck. She was on her first week & had done one at her Mom's & then I told her she could do one at my home next. When she arrived, she went through all the paperwork, exhibits of how it worked, store bought vacuums vs theirs, etc.

After 2 hours of this she finally gets to the price of the vacuum...over $2000! I was like we can not afford that! So she was like I understand, she was like could you call & see if someone else would like a demo & you will get the 'Rainbaby' free. (That is there air purifier).

I tried to call a couple of people either got voicemail or no answer. So she called her boss & explained I did not have anyone to lead off of me & that I could not afford the vacuum myself. He then got on the phone with me asking how many hours I worked, what I did for a living, etc. Was extremely PUSHY! Then he kept having my friend ask me questions while she was on the phone with him.

I finally said listen I just got a new vacuum a few months ago. He was like well what would you do if that one broke? I said go buy another one or use my husbands in the garage (a shop vac). He called my friend the following morning & told her that when I told her that, that she should have went & got my shop vac & turned it on & put it in my face! She had her phone on speakerphone so even her boyfriend heard this jerk say it!

I will NEVER allow another vacuum salesperson in my home again!
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Mar, 2009 by   Anonymous 0 Votes
I almost worked for this company, and even went to the first day of training. So I listened to the spiel, and it just seemed like the whole time they were trying to impress us.

The guy they had giving the talk was from Mexico and he emphasized how poor he was, etc, and how he found this company and he didn't even need to know English to sell these because they just sell themselves! Anyways, during it he whips out a wad of $100 bills, once again, showy, talked about his finances, how he bough all of these houses (from selling vacuum cleaners!).

Anyways, I could tell during the demonstration that it was mostly for show, to get gullible people to buy it. And then they said that it was $2600 and I knew it was full of crap. I live in a small college town with about 100, 000 people, and the economy is so crappy here that no one can afford to spend that much on a vacuum cleaner. And how am I going to even get to these people? I only know college-aged people, they're not going to buy it.

Ugh, they're just scammy.
 14th of Apr, 2009 by   Rainboy 0 Votes
I did start working for this company and have finished the training. Not at any time were they trying to impress me while training. You can make good money doing this as long as you are willing to work at it. I started by helping a freind out who was training and needed to show so he could train. I knew I was not going to buy one. I knew how much they were. There are no tricks. There is no doubt the rainbow sells itself. It's not a gimmick by any means. Long story short, by the end I bought one. And no, I did not have the money then and there for it. I got on the budget plan for it. It has been more than worth it for me having 2 smal kids and a wife with allergies (she has been doing much better in the few weeks that we have had one). I do not know where you had your experience above with your friend showing you but they do NOT do that here. There is absolutely no pushing involved. They did not push me to buy. At the end I told them no. When they were leaving I changed my mind. I stopped them at the door. I knew I wanted one when I saw what it could do for me and my family.
We do not have to make any quota at all. You can show as many as you want or as little as you want. Again, if you want to make a lot of money, you have to work for it. Nothing worth it is free.
 4th of May, 2009 by   unavailbe 0 Votes
SOMEONE I KNOW ASKED ME IF I WOULD HELP THERE FRIEND BY INTRODUCING THE RAINBOW VACUUM TO PEOPLE THAT I KNOW.I WAS A LITTLE RELUCTANT BUT I LET THEM COME TO MY HOME.THE SHOWED UP AND GIVE US THIS WHOLE STORY ABOUT THE VACUUM BUT DIDN'T SHOW IT TO US.THE SAID THEY WOULD COME BACK AND GIVE US A DEMO.I FELT THAT THEY REALLY WHERE NOT ON THE UP AND UP SO BEFORE I WOULD LET THEM COME BACK I WANTED THEM TO TELL ME YOU MADE THE PRODUCT IF THEY HAD A LICENSE TO SELL IT AND WHAT THERE COMPANY NAME WAS THEY WOULD NOT GIVE ME A DIRECT ANSWER TO ANY OF MY QUESTIONS.SO I WOULD NOT LET THEM COME BACK TO MY HOME.BUYERS BEWARE I THINK THAT THIS PEOPLE ARE RUNNING A SCAM
 10th of Jul, 2009 by   DiB 0 Votes
No vacuum is worth $2700+ (2009 California price), unless you really have a medical condition that would make it worthwhile in terms of medications and doctors' visits.

Otherwise, the presentation is the longest and most obnoxious I've ever endured. Then, for my 2 hours of pain, I received a "free" gift of a World Wide Travel Center resort stay. That is a scam beyond belief. See this website for many stories. Rainbow is doing themselves a lot of harm by associating with this company. It makes me really wonder about Rainbow as company to trust!
 10th of Jul, 2009 by   DiB 0 Votes
I have gone so far as to get a "No Soliciting" sign for my door. I will never let anyone else in my home who's selling things. How dare they ask for the favor of my time and then proceed to insult me in so many subtle and not-so-subtle ways. PUSHY beyond belief! I wouldn't refer my worst enemy to them.
 24th of Sep, 2009 by   mr johnson63077 +1 Votes
well i disagree i seen a demo in my home and fell in love with the rainbow...see my little girl as very bad breathing problems and because of the rainbow she dont have that problem no more...its the best opp...you would be crazy not too.. see a demo because it could help your child like it did mine...i love my kids to breath fresh air because of the rainbow my house always smells good and you know what we havent dusted our home in like 11 months now because the rainbow cleans my air and makes my house dust free...

thanks to this guy named keith henderson from columbia missouri my family has a better life in our home...and the rainbow does sell it self it sold to me and im glad i got too meet this young man...a very big thanks to him and the rainbow team...
 29th of Sep, 2009 by   LividinNC 0 Votes
Avoid Rainbow Vacuums at all costs! These creeps called me and said a friend of mine had listed me as a potential customer (She was trying to get a free air purifier or something). They said that my name had been picked in a weekly drawing for a $100 grocery card to the store of my choice. They asked me which store I would like (Bilo, Food-Lion, Publix, etc). I told them Bi-Lo would be great and they asked for my address. I told them thanks very much and I will look for the card in the mail. They went on and on about the weekly drawing and how lucky I was and after I gave them my address to send my grocery card, they said "the only thing we ask is... we have to come by your house and give you a brief demonstration". I said that I wasn't interested in purchasing a vacuum. They were persistent. Since I had heard that my friend was also starting to sell Rainbow's, I thought she would be the one to show up and this would give her the needed number of demo's required.
A man showed up at my house (45 mins late) saying that he had driven over an hour to get there. I told him that I was not purchasing a vacuum and had seen a demo in the past. He did not get his equipment out of his bag (thank God) but he told me to tell the company that I had received a full demonstration and that he had even gotten some bad stains out of my carpet (Liar!).
He asked me for the names of 8 friends and gave me requirements for these potential customers (must own their home, must be married, must have good income, etc). I told him that I was not giving him names because my friends were professionals and they all worked weird hours. They would be p*&Sed to be woken up about a darn vacuum. He told me that if I did not give 8 names, he would not get any credit for the visit and he would not get paid. We went round and round about this and he agreed that if I would list 8 people and write "customer says do not call" at the top, that the company would not call these people. I finally gave in and gave 8 names/contact info but wrote on top of the page "ABSOLUTELY DO NOT CALL PER CUSTOMER". This Rainbow rep then called the company and told them the agreement and that the people I listed were NOT to be called. He also informed them that I was not interested in purchasing a Rainbow. I heard the lady say (there is no hope??) and he told her no. He then gave me my grocery voucher for $100.00 and just to be generous he even gave me a pamphlet to get a free vacation. I noticed after he left that the voucher said that it had to be registered on-line. When I went to register it on-line, GUESS WHAT??? The company was bankrupt and the voucher was no good!! Furthermore, prior to bankruptcy, you would have had to shop multiple times at the same grocery store and then save your receipts and send them in for more voucher and BS nonsense. The free vacation was a scam too. By the time you read all the fine print, you may not be able to go when it suits you, you have to pick 5 places because none may be available, etc.
I called and spoke to the rep who came to my house. I told him the voucher was no good and that I was very unhappy with their company. He just acted stupid and told me to call someone at the main office. Of course, I called her and she was stupid too. Acted like she didn't know anything about the bad vouchers, etc. and referred me to someone else as well. The vacuum might be nice but the company is a scam!!! I will NEVER, EVER recommend this company to anyone. Plus, they started calling my friends months after the demo to say "Did she tell you we were calling? She thought you would be interested in a demo of the Rainbow Vacuum?" I am LIVID in NC!!!
 30th of Sep, 2009 by   theTRUTHshallsetyoufree 0 Votes
THE FACTS ABOUT RAINBOW:
Paychecks/overrides would be cut due to "throwing in attachements" etc on sales when the distributor pays roughly 450-785 dollars for a machine from the manufacturer(depending on his level). The resale price as most of you know is 2000-2400 USD so with that information if you plan on buying a rainbow(they are awesome machines)
DO NOT PAY OVER $1000 for a brand new one!!! Anything over that is going directly into the distributors pockets and they might pay out 200-400 to the dealer and then the managers and marketing directors. The machine is worth no more than $1000.

If you cannot talk the salesperson down then buy off a trusted EBAY buyer or from craigslist. There are plenty of good machines out there that are slightly used. It may not come with a manufacturers warranty but that only covers defects anyway. (read the fine print).
As for LIVID IN NC the brothers that run the distributorship there in GASTONIA/CHARLOTTE are schisters and will/have lied cheated stole there way to where they are now. MOST OF THE DISTIBUTORS ARE!!! And believe it or not even the ones that are B.B.B accredited are still con men. And yes the better the con men the more legit they want to appear.
DON'T GET CAUGHT UP IN THEIR TRICKS!!!
----anybody who is knocking on your door doing an "air pollution survey or registering you for any type of gas or grocery drawing is RAINBOW/KIRBY/PRO-AQUA.
----home shows/trade shows where they will have a booth set up where they are doing "free drawings" or have a cash machine or anything of the sort DO NOT SIGN UP AT THEIR BOOTH! You will get endless calls persuading you to watch a demo for a "free gift"
----ALAS the big one... Your friends call you to ask you a favor or the company asks you for a favor on your friends behalf. Your friends/family will get a free product or attachments if you and several other people just watch a presentation. You don't want to watch but you will feel like you can't say no right? THE RAINBOW COMPANY DOES THIS ON PURPOSE HELLLOOOO! Heres how you and your friend will win. Your friend who is wanting free attachments for the rainbow they just purchased will call the company back and threaten to return the machine if they do not get their attachements STAT! Any person who purchases a machine in their own home has 3 business days to return it for full refund or cancellation of contract. The company will buckle immediatetly and somebody will personally bring you out your attachements. If your friend is just trying to get something else for free like the RAINMATE air purifer then purchase it from either the sales rep for no more than $25 or buy one off EBAY.
REXAIR is the manufacturer out of Michigan and they obviously turn a blind eye to these types of business practices because they are former distributors themselves and make huge sums of $$$ off sales.
MLM in general has ran its course especially with door to door direct sales. IT IS TIME PEOPLE ARE EDUCATED MORE SO THESE TYPES OF BUSINESS PRACTICES WILL SOON BECOME OBSOLETE!!!
The rainbow system is a fantastic machine and I would highly recommend it to anyone, but never ever ever buy it for over $1000. That is their true worth my friends regardless of how much value you believe it has for you. EXAMPLE: If you need the machine for extreme health reasons etc BUY AN OLDER MODEL OFF CRAIGSLIST OR EBAY!!! The machines are built to last and do so don't hesitate even though the salespeople will tell you otherwise(remember; majority of commission based salepeople just want your $ they don't care about your financial sanity)
Good luck
 1st of Oct, 2009 by   JC in Kenmore -1 Votes
I just had a demonstration last night. It took 2.5 hours! While I agree it appears to be a good machine, but I am not paying $2800 for a vacuum cleaner! The salesperson was an idiot, and had hard time once the math portion of the presentation started (she was convinced 3, 895 was twice as large as 2, 800). Once my wife and balked at the price she got VERY pushy. Even my dog became annoyed with salesperson and started growling at her. This finally got her out of my house. If you want one, go one ebay. I just looked, brand new ones are going for 600. And if you value your friendship, do not give out their names to these people. That is how that idiot got in my house in the first place. I am very annoyed about the whole process.
 4th of Oct, 2009 by   Sgf -1 Votes
I did work for the company for a whole summer. It is a excellent product by far. Yes, this is a ridiculous price tag and the attachments are ridiculous. Like anywhere with sales, you have to sell the idea and the facts to get a check. I went almost a month without my own sale and eventually got fired for my attitude towards the door knocking and lies you have to sell just to get in. The presentation can be done in 40 min tops. The distributor does get them for $250. The facts they present are true about how much you spend on vaccuums, air fresheners, etc.
Sales are ment to be pushy or you will never get one. You walk into a store and see something cost so much your already hesitant on buying until you give yourself that push. Only advice do not get caught up in a payment plan!!! You will get f###ed in the end with that one.
 21st of Oct, 2009 by   melicita +1 Votes
I bought a Rainbow after my parents bought a new one. They had had a Rainbow for 18 years and it still worked very well, but because of the large family (19 adopted plus 3 biological children) they decided (after buying a new house) to get another Rainbow to have on the second floor of their house. My mom would never own a different kind of vaccuum after buying their first Rainbow when I was 10 years old. I am now 29 and their first Rainbow still works great! Now I own one too, and even tho I do agree that the sales pitch was a little dramatic, and overly-pushy... I had decided before the salesperson got to my house that I would be buying one. My husband and I bought the Rainbow our first year married, and we know we'll never need another vaccuum. That's great!
 26th of Oct, 2009 by   parks08 0 Votes
I got tricked into doing a "favor" for my friend. She was doing the "demo" program for Rainbow to get her Rainbow for free. So I said sure. My husband ended up falling in love with it thought it was so great for our daughter who has allergies and that it would help out great with house cleaning. So we signed up for the demo program. Do so many and the final person keeps it and it's yours FREE!!!... almost...read the fine print...after you do all your demos and get it done, you pay your sales tax...not a big deal...but at the end of the year you get a 1099 and have to pay taxes on it. Ok maybe it's partially my fault for not reading the fine print but I also think that the reps should be honest with you. We ended up doing the demo program and also earned a free vacation for completing our demos in a certain amount of time as well...and guess what...we get taxed at the end of the year on that too...If you look them up online their retail is about $1200...our sticker price after we gave them our vacuum was $2300 not including what we'll be paying at tax season!!! Thanks Rainbow-you're grrreeeeaaatttttt!
 26th of Oct, 2009 by   ajsourpatch -1 Votes
I just bought a pro aqua. I think the thing is nice but a real pain in the butt. There are so many attachments it is horrible. If i want to vaccum the floor i have to put on hose on if i want vaccum the edges of the floor where the dustballs are i have to put on a completly diffrent hose. It is so stupid. I can't believe i traded this for my Dyson. That and the people who do thoses demonstrations can kiss my ass. Rainbow especially since they where the first people to come into my house. How dare they say that if i loved my 5 month old i would get their product. Leave my child out of it and go blow yourself Rainbow. I feel so taken advantage of and these poeple that sell these things i hope they feel really guilty for all the scamming they are doing. These things are definatly not worth the money they cost. I warn anyone thinking of buying this product go buy it on ebay or something. Do not pay what they want for it. I wish i had.
 30th of Oct, 2009 by   biomedic 0 Votes
I am a rainbow service manager (location will remain anonymous so I don't get 8 million phone calls) and all I see here is a bunch of people who were told something and surely didn't follow it the way the program told you to. I see this all the time, half of you surely signed the contract with the plan of doing absolutely nothing except getting a free gift from the rainbow distributor, which is perfectly fine, but then turning around and complaining like this is so absurd it's ridiculous.

Do you realize how stupid you sound when you complain about how you don't like the machine you just spent $2, 600 on? If you didn't like the machine, why did you buy it? Who on EARTH can you blame except for yourself, because I read the newspaper every single day, and in the newspaper I have never seen anything about a rainbow dealer holding a gun to someones head and telling them to buy a rainbow.

As far as those of you who are mad about people being sent to see your friends, i'd bet my life that the salesman told you something very simple, MAKE SURE THEY ARE QUALIFIED! Apparently they weren't.

Now the best part, the part that concerns me. Let me tell you how morons bring me a rainbow ALL OF THE TIME that they bought for $600 off of Ebay. First off, the machine is NOT WARRANTED by ANY OFFICE in the world or by Rexair either, and you can not get replacement parts for the machine if the serial number on the machine was not bought by YOU PERSONALLY, not your mom, dad, son or daughter. Bottom line, if you buy a rainbow off of Ebay and then bring it in to me, I will be replacing every single non-rexair part on the machine, resulting in an enormous service fee.

Take my advice, buy it from an authorized distributor. Whether you think you're getting ripped off or not, buying it from Ebay is a terrible idea and you will definetly end up spending the money somewhere down the line. The Rainbow comes with a 4 year bumper to bumper warranty on every single part, and 8 years on the motor... along with a 20 year service policy (where you won't be charged for labor to fix the machine) and no matter what you say, it is the absolute BEST cleaning system there is. I guarentee your salesman showed you how badly your vacuum fails, and how the rainbow is 100x better, and nothing anyone tells me would convince me otherwise because that's just the way it is, you can't argue with physics.

Now to comment on the idiot who thinks calling into a rainbow office will get you free parts if you threaten to return it otherwise, if anyone tried pulling that stupid trick on me (all calls concerning parts/service are patched to me) I would either hang up on them, or ensue into a 2 hour argument with the customer that only results in them getting absolutely nothing for free, that is not how business works. Referring us to see your friends, how is that a bad thing? Do you not want your friends to see something that is honestly the best there is, no matter what way you look at it? Blaming a salesman for "high-pressuring" you is nothing more than an indication that you knew how great the product was, you just didn't want to spend the money. So say no and move on with your life, grow a backbone.

Furthermore, I will not discuss distributor prices, but I will tell you they are NOWHERE near $250 a piece, the person who said that was a moron and the reason he got fired is quite clear now.

To repeat myself once more, if you buy a rainbow off of EBAY, you will end up spending the moeny anyway SOMEWHERE down the line, they usually have maintenance problems after about 7-8 years that require a qualified service technician capable of obtaining IDENTICAL replacement parts for your rainbow, most of which are covered under warranty (unless you maintained it terribly). Spend the money, get the best cleaning device there is, and stop spending all of your money on worthless aerosol sprays and toxic fumes for you and your family.
 4th of Nov, 2009 by   AnHonestRainbowDealer 0 Votes
I am a Rainbow dealer in Texas and I NEVER pressure anyone to buy a Rainbow because I don't have to. I also never use deceptive practices to get appointments or referrals. I'm very sorry that some of you have had bad experiences with reps for Rainbow but you cannot condemn the product because of the sales team. I can spend one hour in your home and show you how the Rainbow can outclean every cleaning product you have. At the end of my show, if you choose to live with your dirt that's fine with me. I get to go home to my nice clean, dust-free, wonderful smelling home where I have a Rainbow. I've only seen a couple of homes that were truly clean using another system and they were cleaning fanatics who were the only people to have lived in their home. They also purchased Rainbows because they could get their homes clean faster and with less work than what they were using. They also saved enough money on cleaning supplies to pay for their Rainbow.

If anyone doesn't understand the contract they sign, that's thier fault for not reading it. It's spelled out quite clearly that you must hold a certain number of demos every two weeks if you're going to get a guaranteed salary. There's also another plan that allows you to work straight commission, with no minimum shows, that pays far more than the guarantee.

I do agree with Biomedic who said you should never purchase a Rainbow from anyone other than an authorized dealer. You may save money in the short term but you won't have the advantage of having someone showing you how to use the unit to keep from having to have it repaired and, if you do need repairs done, they can be very costly if you have to pay them out of pocket. If you want to get one for less than retail, you can contact your nearest Rainbow distributor and see if they have a refurbished model. These units have been restored to 'like new' condition and are covered by a warranty.

One big reason I 'qualify' the referrals that I get is so that I don't waste my, or other people's, time by showing them something they have no chance of getting. I've done demos for people who really wanted it but couldn't qualify for the financing and it's very embarassing for them to have to watch me pack up the unit and leave with it when they're so excited about having it. I also don't appreciate driving 50 miles to see someone who's unemployed or on disability and can't afford it when I could have driven fewer miles to see someone who could. How would you feel if you went to work every day and, at the end of the week, found out your boss couldn't afford to pay you? Would you go back the next week? No. Would you be more careful about the next job you took and make sure they had the money to pay you? Yes you would. That's exactly why we do it too.
 13th of Nov, 2009 by   guarddog 0 Votes
and just remember, if you are going to buy a door to door product, you only have 3 days to decide if you want to return it, that's the law, else there is nothing anyone can do. for me, id rather buy expensive stuff from a retail store wherein you have 30 - 60 days to decide if you really like to keep it, 3 days is just not enough time to be sure to yourself that you are satisfied with what you bought, especially one that cost over 2 grand.
 13th of Nov, 2009 by   Chutie 0 Votes
I love the machine - hate the salemen! I inherited my grandma's 1960's "chrome top" Rainbow and it still cleans like a charm. I'm so impressed with what I find in the water afterwards and feel like my house is truly clean. My grandma's carpet was replaced ONLY because it was ugly and outdated, there was NO wear at all in the carpet from sand because her Rainbow cleans so thoroughly. When I developed allergies, my mom gave me Grams' vaccum. I have had the parts replaced and I am not the original owner that matches the serial number because she is deceased. biomedic, I don't know where you got this from: "you can not get replacement parts for the machine if the serial number on the machine was not bought by YOU PERSONALLY, not your mom, dad, son or daughter". That's bull.

Having said all of that, I had a Rainbow salesman come out the other night under false pretenses. He said he was with "Pure Air" instead of Rainbow. I told him I already own a Rainbow and that if he had told me that he was selling Rainbow vacuums, I would have saved him the trip since I have one. He told me how outdated mine was, that the new one is so much better and that I can leave it on and it will clean the air. He also said that instead of me buying my leather furniture, I could buy something that really deep cleans my house. He really ticked me off. He pried into what we do for a living and he was condescending and pushy. I don't (A) spend $2000 on a vacuum; (B) buy from liars who don't tell you upfront who they're with; and (3) buy under pressure. AFter I told him that we couldn't afford $2000 for a vacuum, he made a last ditch effort and would sell it to me for $900. I was very tempted, but still declined since I already own one that works great. Those are NOT tactics to use when wanting to sell someone something! I love the machine, hate the salesmen and will not let another one in my home (or a Kirby salesman either).
 16th of Nov, 2009 by   Rainbow dealer 0 Votes
First of all, Everyone that I do busseness with as far as rainbow has been happy with my demo. The only thing the salesman per say is doing while there in your home is think about your health, thats why I sell rainbow..Im always nice to everyone, and the office I work for has been around for 20 years, and we are not going anywere. We do give gifts and when people fall threw there task of helping us get shows we give gifts...How much of a scam is that?I Love Rainbow and everyone I work with, I know no one is trying to take advantage of anyone, And if I saw it I would address it myself! Thank you and God Bless!
 17th of Nov, 2009 by   guardog 0 Votes
a rainbow salesman said that there vacs is only sold thru door to door so that the money spent on advertising would rather be given to the salespeople, thus creating jobs (nice pitch here), instead of giving the money to the ad company. now it feels like the high price for this vac is to fill the big pockets of the salepeople as commissions, but not really for the true value of the product. if the rainbow vac were to be sold at a retail store and face a fair competition against other vacs, i do believe a lot of people wouldn't mind paying a high price if they can honestly see for themselves how good this vacuum really is without pressure tactics and other gimmicks rainbow has employed, plus you can return what you bought before 30 - 60 days, as compared to 3 day return policy law for door to door products. but sadly, this is the way rainbow chose to milk the consumers, over 2 grand for a vac, wow.
 21st of Nov, 2009 by   tnkbond 0 Votes
Setting aside the sales itself. These vacuums are the best thing in the industry. They completely get rid of dust in your home. My Aunt has had one for 30 years and my husband's cousin for 15. I am absolutely in love with mine and the little gadgets!

Work at Home Scams