logo

Ask.com
Beware of Ask.com
5. (52 mins ago)
Kathy Chasteen of Someday Isle Kennels
MIA after given deposit money

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Posted:    Tony

Scammers and cheaters

PuppyFind.com
puppyfind.com
Descriptions of pups are lies regarding worming, vaccinations and pure breds!

Comments United States Pets & Animals
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

30th of Jul, 2009 by   Tank0402 0 Votes
BEWARE OF SCAMMERS AND CHEATERS!!! BEWARE OF MICHELLE OR MONIQUE MICHELLE MATTHEWS!!
BREEDER CLAIMS TO BE IN THE ARCADIA/MONROVIA/PASADENA AREA AND WILL ROB YOU BLIND!!

I purchased a dog from her name at the time was Michelle. The picture on Puppyfind she had posted on there for almost
a year!!! NOT EVEN THE DOG I PURCHASED I paid extra for a toy size dog and extra for a pure bred Maltese!!! My dog as DNA test results is a mutt!!! And a
huge MUTT almost 15 lbs and only a year old!!! BUYER BEWARE. PUPPYFIND TOOK OFF ALL NEGATIVE COMMENTS OFF OR I WOULD HAVE NEVER PURCHASED FROM HER. OTHER PEOPLE HAVE COMPLAINTS OF THE
SAME THINGS AND OTHERS HAVE MUCH MORE PROBLEMS LIKE REALLY SICK PUPPIES.

SHE GOES BY OTHER NAMES: MICHELLE MATTHEWS, MICHELLE LOPEZ, MICHELLE WILLIAMS, NIKKI
LOPEZ, JULIE OR JOANIE.
ONE OF HER CELL PHONE NUMBERS IS 626-383-8404 HOME ADDRESS 2003 S. 8TH ST ARCADIA.
 16th of Aug, 2009 by   Dhorne07 -1 Votes
She got us too!!! Contact my husband and I!!! Chuck and Dena Horne at 661-258-4349!!!
 2nd of Sep, 2009 by   I was scammed by Michelle 0 Votes
I was totally scammed and robbed blind by this woman.

I got an extremely sick puppy, who is now 2x the size he was suppose to be and is only 6 months old.

She sold me a dog that was suppose to be a 2 month old toy breed ShihTzu and when i took him to the vet told me he was 3 months old and would max in weight at 17-20 pounds. I ended up with a medium size dog that now I wonder if he is even a pure bred ShihTzu.

Also after I paid in full, she charged me an extra $200 for papers (which truly cost $20) an extra $200 for his chip registration (which truly costs $25) and charged me an extra $300 in tax additional to the initial transaction. I then spent well over $1, 000 on vet bills and almost lost my dog to illnesses he came home with.

Is there anything that can be done to stop this woman? I found nothing negative on her on line when I was initially looking for breeders back in May. I'm affraid more dogs will fall subject to her abuse !
 4th of Sep, 2009 by   xvolcomxgurlx 0 Votes
please call me i am in the same sistuation that you went through with this lady. we are trying to figure out a way to get a hold of her and turn her in. 909-68-8969. my name is janel
 7th of Sep, 2009 by   JMHnj 0 Votes
I was looking into a puppy the owner's name is Michelle James, Jersey City NJ. I did more research and she is located under different states with 50 puppies or more.
 17th of Sep, 2009 by   pdtemple 0 Votes
SHE GOT ME TOO! On April 1, 2009 I went to her house and bought what was supposed to be female purebred yorkie. She claimed that she owned the mother and that the father was her friend's. She charged me an obscene amount for the puppy but I paid it anyways since I immediately fell in love and know that purebred yorkies are pricey. Michelle claimed that the mother was 5lbs and the father was 4lbs...my puppy is only 8 months old and almost 10lbs! My dog looked like a yorkie when I got her but once she lost her puppy coat she turned silver with a little bit of light tan on her face and legs. I've been wondering if she's really a yorkie for a while now since I never received the AKC papers from Michelle and b/c shes so big and silver! After reading this I plan to get my puppy DNA tested immediately! If anyone is organizing a law suit against this woman I would like to participate! Please call me at (415)250-4629. My name is Paulina.
 3rd of Oct, 2009 by   JEAN KARPINSKI 0 Votes
I WANTED TO BUY A JAPANESE CHIN BUT EVERY ONE WHO EMAILED ME WANTED MONEY SENT TO OTHER COUNTRY ONE WAS JESSICA COULBERT10@G MAIL.COM AND ELVISPRISCA@YAHOO.COM THERE WAS MANY MORE I HAVE THEM STAYED IN MY EMAIN.
I AM SO SOORY I WANT A PUPPY FOR THERE ARE NO BREEDS IN MICHIGAN
SPECIALEDGRANNY2@AOL.COM
 6th of Nov, 2009 by   me:) 0 Votes
I am so sorry all of you got taken from this woman I saw her posting on BREEDRES.NET for t-cup yorkies I emailed her for some more info on the puppies but she never would call me we communicated vie email we had a day set up to meet to see the puppies I called her to verify the meeting she never replied until that night she then called me to set up a meeeting for the next day but the strange thing was she wanted to meet at a chevron gas station it did not seem right to me if she was to be a breeder wouldnt she have a location other then a gas station so I did some reverse search on her cell ph number and I found all the reports that she is a scammer. She is now going by the name of MONA and MICHELLE she has a couple of different postings on that sit for different breeds of dogs the postings all have the same ad. some have a different number of (626) 253-9206 not sure whos number that is every time i called it I got a female voice with a very un detailed message. I will not be meeting with her and I will be reporting her to that site. Again I am sorry to all she took!!! Do a google search on both her ph # you will see alot of different postings for her.
 30th of Jun, 2010 by   Yudav 0 Votes
Hey I just met this woman 1 hour ago (6/30/10). She said her name was Mona. Told me to meet her at 231 Camino Real, Arcadia, CA. When I got there and knocked, the woman that lived there didn't know what I was talking about.

On my way out, Mona called and said she gave me the wrong house number and was just right down the street. She also said her parents lived there and she forgot the house number. I thought it strange that she didn't let me into her house.

She also drove a big black pickup with no license plates in the front or the back. Thanks for posting this info. I'm not going to buy from her!
 5th of Jul, 2010 by   rather not 0 Votes
I am glad you didn't buy from her. I bought a dog from her. I thought I did my homework on the breed i wanted. Thought I asked all the right questions...which I did. Turned out she probably lied. Fast talker too i should have known better. shame on me for putting trust in people. From experience, don't buy from this lady.
 8th of Jul, 2010 by   Yorkie Owner 0 Votes
I got taken by this woman as well. Did anyone actually go to a house to pick up their puppy?
 20th of Jul, 2010 by   Lacey01 0 Votes
I did go to her house and buy my puppy. Now my dog is going blind and the eye specialist is sure that it is genetic!! Please call me for more info 951.907.9484. Arcadia Police has an open case against her and Monrovia Animal Control is looking for people that had problems. She charged my credit card for more than we agreed. She sells sick puppys. Buyer Beware!!! This is animal cruelty.
 22nd of Aug, 2010 by   Mattog -1 Votes
SCAM ARTIST ALERT!!! This woman is disgusting and sick. We just bought a very sick dog from this woman who has mange, giardia, and an ear infection. We found out how her scam works and heres how it goes. She has you meet her at an address what she says is her house and that she will be there in a few minutes. She shows up with the puppies and you instantly fall in love. SHe says that she will help you out with all of the puppies needs by taking you to the pet store and helping you pick out items the dog needs. Then you sign a few papers and she gives you a few papers and boom you have a puppy. Well what we just found out was that her parents own the pet store called Pet's Delight in Monrovia. YOu end up spending $500.00 there and guess what...the actual puppy came from there as well from a puppy mill!!! I am so disgusted by this woman that action will be taken in full force against her ASAP. Not only because she did this to us but this poor puppy was so sick and itchy that this is intolerable.
 25th of Aug, 2010 by   yana99 0 Votes
TOTAL SCAM!!! We just purchased a puppy as well. Ours has mange, ear infection, coxey, round worm, a major case of ear mites, severe puppy dandruff, and more. Complete animal cruelty.
 27th of Aug, 2010 by   yana99 0 Votes
If anyone has had an encounter or has made a purchase with Monique Michelle Matthews (aka Mona, Jessica, Joanie, Nikki) please CONTACT the MONROVIA POLICE DEPARTMENT immediately. There are numerous complaints filed against her and her family who own the Pet's Delight pet store. This family runs quite the scam and needs to be put to a stop. The LA County Sheriff also has a report and is taking this matter seriously. Please help put a stop to this abusive treatment of animals!!!

FYI... She brings the dogs to you. Animals are not purchased online. She poses as a legit breeder and knows exactly what to say...
 3rd of Oct, 2010 by   Dog Friend 0 Votes
Please contact the Monrovia Animal Control Department. The only way to stop this woman is if we do something about it. She and her parents are terrible people and they need to be stopped.
 15th of Oct, 2010 by   jaymew 0 Votes
I purchased a Yorkie from this women in March of 2008. At that time, I purchased it from her home (she let me inside) at 2003 8th Street Arcadia, CA 91006. She was going by the name of Nikki. Her home was decorated so cute for St. Patrick's Day and the two Yorkie puppies she showed me looked happy and healthy. I wanted to wait a week to purchase the puppy because we were going away for the weekend that following weekend. She offered to watch him for me, which I thought was very sweet. I ended up bringing the puppy home that day because he was too cute to wait an entire week.

Flash forward 18 months, I realized that I never received the certification from the American Canine Association that I had paid her for. I contacted ACA and they let me know that there is no record of his paperwork. I tried calling the phone number that 'Nikki' gave me and it is no longer in service. So I started searching for her online and to my surprise I find out this girl is a scammer. I feel fortunate that my yorkie has been a great dog but I definitely will be filing a complaint to the Monrovia Police Department and the Monrovia Animal Control. I paid too much money for my dog to not have the paperwork to prove his is full breed. If any of you know of anything else I can do, please contact me. Thanks! Jayme
 27th of Jan, 2011 by   chelsealynnx3 0 Votes
use common sense. dont buy a puppy miles and miles away.
 14th of Feb, 2011 by   roseymama 0 Votes
I have a breeder I want bring to your attention. Beware of the seller Tiffany from Bellefontaine, Ohio! About a year ago I bought a puppy from her (and payed a pretty good amount!) that was advertised as being a pure bred Pomeranian. As it got older, I suspected that it may be a mix, so I took it to the vet for a DNA test. Sure enough the dog was a mix of Pomeranian, Chihuahua and several other small breeds. Chances are, if you purchased a Pomeranian from this woman, it's a mix.
 5th of May, 2011 by   PJ.WLA 0 Votes
I TOO WAS SCAMMED BY THIS MONIQUE MATTHEWS. ALSO GOES BY THE NAME OF MARY. COMPLETE CON ARTIST.
SHE IS A PATHOLOGICAL LIAR!!! STILL TRYING TO GET INFORMATION FROM HER.
CALL ME IF YOU HAVE EXSTRA INFO ON HER. (310) 490-0369.

How To Avoid Being "phished"

Latest Groups