logo

Hyundai Fall River MA
Sales and Service
2. (4 mins ago)
aolloa.net
No order, communication or updates about my order
3. (9 mins ago)
Sally Beauty Supply
Horrible workers
4. (11 mins ago)
allrightshoes.com
Seller refused to take order back
5. (11 mins ago)
Kingdom Cavaliers and Rescue
Unethical breeder, unprofessional

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

PuppyFind Complaints & Reviews - Scam site!

PuppyFind Contacts & Informations

PuppyFind

Posted:    Stacy Edwards

Scam site!

Beware of the many pet sellers and so called Kennels on this website. I have been researching this site, and the postings on it. I feel its safe to say that most of the kennels are puppy mills and puppy brokers. I have also found that this sellers can and do remove negative posting from a buyer.

Puppychase, Bulldog alley, BulldogsRus, in my opinion are puppy brokers. I bought a bulldog pup from Bulldogalley at the end of 2006. The pedigree and paperwork was suppose to have come with the pup. Seven months later i still don't have them, and the seller will not return any phone calls or emails. If you want a pup contact a club in your area and they can help you find a breeder.

Comments United States Pets & Animals
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

24th of Jul, 2007 by   alley maull 0 Votes
I believe everything you said to be true. I was looking for a bulldog puppy and found scam artist and puppy mills. We thought we found a good place but found it was a puppy mill. its so sad. I would love to get a group together to stop puppy mills.
 25th of Sep, 2007 by   Nikki Ritchey +2 Votes
I am neutral about this site. I have watched photos, websites, and breeders on puppyfind. Never buy a dog without research! Talk to your breeder, AKC organizations, and breed clubs. Ask around about that kennel or breeder. Never buy impulsivley. Buying an animal is a financial reponsibility. You get what you pay for. I purchased a dog from this site and have a great relationship with my Neo breeder. The dog is great! But I did my homework. And yes some of those other breeders are very shadey. Some are brokers and mills. Some have ben banned from the show rings. But that is reality and those breeders are even in your backyards. Do not blame someone for your own ignorance and misfortune based on impulse.
 25th of Sep, 2007 by   JMarieFowler +3 Votes
I agree with Complaints against Puppyfind but from the other angle I am A respectable and reputable hobby breeder and I work with other local Very respected breeders. We used to advertise on Puppyfind but have since been blocked because of accusations of Fraud. It seems the reputable people are blocked while the scammers are the ones with all the access to Advertise with them. I would never purchase a pup through puppyfind again. I must say also I had a run in with a lady who I purchased a Imported Bulldog through and Didn't get the paperwork for 2 years and even then It wasn't the AKC papers I was promised. She is probably the reason I now Cannot Advertise on Puppyfind (which is fine with me, why tarnish my rep by advertising amongst Scammers) Because I complained and Of course Puppyfind did nothing about it. If you are looking for someone who is going to sell a sound healthy puppy I recommend you go on Recommendations. Do ALOT of RESEARCH on the person you are looking to buy from. There are lots of ways to protect yourself It starts with being Smart.
 13th of Nov, 2007 by   Kim Kirkbride -1 Votes
I had posted a negative review about a puppy I had bought and the review was removed. After contacting puppyfind to find out where my review went I got this as a response:

"Due to the abuse of the review system (such as breeders bashing other breeders, people using the system as a message board and other such fake reviews being posted) we have no other choice but to allow sellers to delete invalid reviews. It is possible that a seller may delete a review that could be considered valid, but we allow up to 3 times for this to happen. However, reviews are stored by Puppy find when a seller chooses to delete them even though they are unable to be seen on the site. We use these as a means of evaluating the ability of a seller to remain on the site."

So I just kept re-registering with a new emails and reposting the review until she was eventually removed from puppyfind. I would encourage anyone with a bad review to keep checking their review everyday to make sure it is still their.
 29th of Feb, 2008 by   virginia 0 Votes
yes, puppymills and brokers must be stopped, i just bought a teacup poodle from carrie sawyer, she has had the dog for over 2 years and neglected to mention the dog was deaf. she has been studding this dog out regardless of his condition., needless to say i am out the money i paid for the dog as i will not have him in my breeding program he needs to be euthanized due to hard placement for a pet home. stay away from MATCHMAKER SERVICES, like the one i got into corruption of this site does make it very hard for the local breeders to sell puppies via this site
 10th of Mar, 2008 by   paige +1 Votes
It seems that Puppyfind has been working on fixing problems with the site and clearing out the bad breeders and scammers.
I recently contacted Puppyfind about the scammers on their site and posted their response on my blog. I have also contacted other websites to be able to get their official responses as well because I think people need to be educated about buying puppies. I think too many people don't do their own research because they think these sites do it for them. You have to research who you purchase a puppy from, regardless of where you find the breeder. No website, no local paper, no registry breeders list can tell you what is in a breeder's head, what they have planned to do (either scam you or provide you with a healthy puppy) so it is important that you research them yourself.

Here is the webpage to view Puppyfind's response to my question if anyone is interested. It is dated 02/29/08:
 26th of Mar, 2008 by   Mae +1 Votes
My problem is with puppy-find and have been sent just about every copy as everyone else.This is a bit difficult to explain but here I go.this problem has been going maybe a year at least.I signed on to be alerted to certains breeds of dogs.Well the only listings I receive are the same person.And its a scam I get everyday Puppy find ays they have never had this a problem like this.But why just me I ask it couldn't be.If you read this and the only listings are as my discription.Give me a hollar
 28th of Apr, 2008 by   Dianne Hays -1 Votes
I just recently found out that Puppyfind is allowing breeders to delete any comments that they don't agree with or want there. I was wondering why I never say a negative comment posted about any breeder! This is the biggest scam that I have ever heard of. How can you distinguish the good breeders from the bad if you can never view any negative feedback. Why bother having a review system if you let the breeders pick and choose which feedback they want to keep. No wonder I was taken to the cleaners by the breeder I purchased my Chihuahua from. Beware of KMS Chihuahuas. This breeder advertises that she has small 3 lb Chihuahuas. By the time you figure out you have a large 7 lb Chihuahua, she knows, you aren't going to return the dog. In the meantime, you spent way too much on a Chihuahua that isn't even recognized by the AKC or CKC because it's over 6 lbs. My puppy is now 7.4 lbs and almost 11 months old. I brought this to the attention of Puppyfind and no respo9nse back besides they allow breeders to delete feedback. Well that pushed me over the edge. I'm going to find a way to file a formal complaint against them and this breeder.
 12th of May, 2008 by   emeh +1 Votes
Finding the right puppy can be dog gone hard work. PuppyFind® provides a convenient and efficient means of selecting and purchasing the perfect puppy (or puppies) from the comfort of your home, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Take advantage of our PuppySearch or leisurely browse our directory of hundreds of dog breeds, dog breeders, dogs for adoption, and puppy for sale listings with photos and detailed descriptions. Some puppies for sale may be shipped Worldwide and include crate and veterinarian checkup. Many dog breeders also offer a health guarantee. With over 50, 000 puppies for sale and 100, 000+ active dog breeders, you're sure to find the perfect puppy.
 18th of May, 2008 by   emeh 0 Votes
One boy and three girls the most adorable little Chinese powder puff you would ever find. The male is the smallest brown with white patch down the middle of his face . One little female has all brown faces with white on her neck and body looks like a little lady. One little girl has white face with brown around her eyes with white and brown body. The first born has a black body with white around her neck and white strip down her face. It would be hard to pick just one of the beautiful babies. Home and hand raised Mother and father are purebred . Vet checked de wormed and shots.
 18th of May, 2008 by   Fed up with Martin Leon and Beverly Hill -1 Votes
PuppyFind.com and BeverlyHillPuppies.com are scammers! Beverly Hills Puppies is not a breeder in FL they are puppymills in GA!! PuppyFind how conviently takes off the bad reviews. They make all their money off of these scammers and mills so they are going to allow them to do what they want!!
 18th of May, 2008 by   Fed up with Martin Leon and Beverly Hill -1 Votes
Emeh took that right off of the PuppyFind site so his BS post has no bearing on the truth!
 5th of Jul, 2008 by   MWT Marlene 0 Votes
I breed Italian Greyhounds & I am a small in home breeder. I think puppy find is wonderful. In my add, I tell people I have references, also I ask buyers for references from Vet, co-workers, etc... I too must be careful NOT to let puppy mills get my pups!!!
Puppfind lets you look at all listings of a breeder. Some of the breeders have 3, 4, 5 up to 9 differant breeds of dog. I saw one that has 49 pups listed & calls them-selfs a small in home breeder!!! That is a bunch of poop! I am one of the good ones & I have met some wonderful people. Thank You puppyfind. MWT
 24th of Aug, 2008 by   Joni +2 Votes
I have used PuppyFind with much success to purchase three of my Border Collie puppies. Sometimes when a kennel is just starting out, they have no other way to get the word out about themselves, so they advertise on this and other sites. I did my homework and found one kennel which I had to chance to visit. I found nothing wrong and the owner was more than willing to show me around and let me see all her dogs who were in excellent shape/health. A year later I contacted her for another puppy, but due to health issuses she had sold out. She referred me to another kennel, this kennel also had an ad on PuppyFind and they were very well known breeders. I visited them, (a three hour drive) and they had gorgeous dogs, champions, agility dogs, herding dogs and they too allowed me on every inch of their property. 8 months later I was back on PuppyFind to get a Sheltie puppy. Again, I did my research and found an excellent breeder, had my puppy shipped to me and I could not have been happier. A word of warning. If a ad only list a phone # or email, has hardly any pictures, or the pictures are of puppies in pens, or set up in backgrounds with sheets, blankets, etc and the pups looks scared and not at ease...run. If the person has a link to a website, has pictures of their dogs, pictures of their property, kennels, dogs playing, dogs and puppies out in grassy areas enjoying themselves, then that is more likely a better breeder. YOU cannot blame Puppy Find for selling the pups, they are only an outlet for many to advertise on. YOU need to do your home work, YOU need to make visits, ask for references, ask for vet phone #'s, ask for pictures, ask, ask and ask...once you feel comfortable then you decide. PuppyFind is not selling the pups, the people advertising them are. A newspaper prints ads every day for puppies for sale, but it is not the newspaper's fault if pups are in puppy mills or back yard breeders. It is your responsibility to do your home work and check things out. Good breeders do advertise on PuppyFind and it is ashamed that they are grouped in among the bad. Not all breeders are bad and PuppyFind cannot control who advertises. As for deleting a review. PuppyFind is right, the seller has the right to prevent himself from slander/liable and has the right to take down a bad review. BUT, if any breeder every tells you they never had a problem, RUN, that is a lie. ALL breeders have problems and the one who can admit it is an honest person. If your breeder tells you they don't test for genetic issues, "because they never had a problem", then what are they waiting for? A problem to occur before they do something about it.
Don't blame PuppyFind. Do your homework. That cute adorable puppy could also be a fake picture of a puppy in good health. Get recent pics, ask for mom and dad pics, ask and ask some more.
It is your responsibility to yourself and that new puppy.
 25th of Aug, 2008 by   larry thomason +1 Votes
THERE ARE ALOT OF GOOD HONEST BREEDERS ON THIS SITE(ME BEING ONE OF THEM).
THERE'S ALSO ALOT OF DIS-HONEST BREEDERS ON THIS SITE AS WITH ANY SITE!!
YOU JUST HAVE TO DO THE RESEARCH AND ALWAYS BE ON YOUR GUARD!
I NEVER SHIP MY PUPPIES AND PREFER YOU TO SEE, HOLD AND PLAY WITH PUPPY BEFORE ANY DEAL IS MADE.
 5th of Nov, 2008 by   Sandy Schrock +1 Votes
I am very proud of my advertising site...My Puppy Connection. http://www.mypuppyconnection.com. It has been a long, hard road and a labor of love. The development of My Puppy Connection came after I had an 'experience' with Puppyfind. Some blame Puppyfind themselves for not policing their own site...but I blame the advertisers just as much. Plain and simple, I don't let them advertise. If they slip by me, I urge users to let me know immediately and I will take care of it. I am not as widely known as Puppyfind yet, but I'm workin' on it. On the other hand, I don't charge as much as they do either. You don't have to wait for days where customer service is concerned either. Come check out the Site and don't hesitate to contact me for anything!!!
 9th of Jan, 2009 by   Puppyfindfraud.com -1 Votes
They have their contact information hidden, but it is listed on the website puppyfindfraud.com They are horizontally and vertically participating in Restraint of Trade and other Federal statutes designed to prevent monopolies, scams, etc. You should check into a Class Action lawsuit, and there will be information about participating in one on the website www.puppyfindfraud.com withint the next 30 days.
 23rd of Mar, 2009 by   Stevie -1 Votes
The Boston Terrier that I have had for two week now came infected with Coccidia which a parasitic organism that attacks the intestine and can be life threatening. Coccidia comes from fecal contaminated ground. Obviously an unclean kennel/puppymill situation. Don't take a chance buying from someone you are not absolutely certain about. The best policy is not to buy if you can't see living conditions first hand. When I told the breeder of pups condition she had never heard of it before. PLEASE! If they had a legitimate vet the pup could have been treated and not bleeding from the rectum when I got him. I'm just hoping my vet can cure him and he doesn't end up dying. I really feel bad for the little guy. This was an expensive purchase and a lesson learned. Stay clear of puppyfind.
 28th of Mar, 2009 by   Daniel +2 Votes
There are some valid complants about puppyfind, on the other hand it is just a tool for you to use. If you can thank for yourself then puppyfind, is great. If you don't use good sense or think for your self, then you should not complan to much about any dog breeder or "puppyfind" type website. Just use good common sense in any purchase.

Top 5 Holiday Scams