logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (20 mins ago)
Mytriathlon.co.uk
As they had the money they would not respond to countless queries
2. (32 mins ago)
Davison
SCAM - RIP OFF - DON'T BE A VICTIM
3. (1 hr 4 mins ago)
Nissan Murano transfer case
Problems with Transfer case
4. (1 hr 35 mins ago)
montmax.com
Charged me for a FREE watch, with no information.
5. (1 hr 46 mins ago)
Internet Consumer Reviews
Fake complaints

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Publishers Clearing House Complaints & Reviews - Received a package I never ordered!

Publishers Clearing House Contacts & Informations

Publishers Clearing House

Posted:    Harry L. Wooten

Received a package I never ordered!

I want to complain about the package I received from Publishers Clearing House - # 3029 5753 9994 - I did not order this. I do not want this and I do not want to pay postage to send this back. I will never order from Publishers Clearing House again if I am going to be sent packages that I did not order.

Beware people!
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

11th of Jul, 2011 by   Roboco 0 Votes
They had ripped my G'pa off 1, 000's. He always thought he was "one away" from winning millions. My g'pa truly trusted PCH, Of course he never got his millions, but unlike I bet a lot of people, he didnt go broke doing this. Still I wish I could sue there socks off, there practices are strait up wrong. I would do it not for the money, as I would openly donate it to an program designed to help the elderly (there main targets I've seen too) Dirty!
 11th of Jul, 2011 by   Roboco 0 Votes
Also by reading this board, I would assume they ran out of gullible elders to rip off, there now suckering others too (no surprise) and these are the type of practices that PCH does. I am not shocked about the packages at all. I again feel for you. Let them try these practices in china?! Precisely why they do it here!
 1st of Sep, 2011 by   D11111 0 Votes
Publishers clearing house pulled this on my mother, too.

They sent a package to her residence with some cheap junky calculators and a bill.

I called PCH and asked when my mother had placed the order. They said on 8/15/11 and I said that's interesting because she was not alive then. (She had been dead for over a month.)

My mother had boxes of junk like cheap calculators, flashlights, screwdrivers, etc. I could never figure out where they were coming from or why she kept getting them. When I asked her she got defensive. I think what was happening was that PBH convinced her she forgot ordering things she did not want or need and never ordered and made her feel guilty about it.

PCH, what a dispicable company!
 23rd of Feb, 2012 by   victimized senior 0 Votes
I just rcvd an unsolicited pkg in the mail. It was cookbooks from Publishers Clearing House. On the manilla envelope was attached an Invoice with this ADDRESS: 720 Winners Circle, St. Cloud, MN 56399.

Has anyone else been victimized like this? I figure this is A GIFT FROM THEM SINCE I DID NOT ORDER IT.
I have been scammed. I guess they figure they're not going to be out anything sin ce putting me in the poisition of having to pay postage back again. I'm not paying, I'm not sending it back and will publicize this scam, starting with the State's Consumer Fraud Division..
 14th of Aug, 2012 by   jhand 0 Votes
I ordered a sterling silver necklace before and they mailed it to me and i pay my bill ... but lately i was surprise when i receive a parcel from PCH containing an item a did not order from them. I Want to return it back to their office but i lost my order number... thanks..
 14th of Aug, 2012 by   victimized senior 0 Votes
You should contact your state Attorney General's Consumer Protection Div. and the Better Business Bureau if Publishers Clearing House is using illegal intimidation and threats.

I have had this experience (THE 2012 "SWEEPSTAKES") In the sweepstakes paperwork, It acknowledges that I do not want to order from the umpteen amount of loose leaf ads they have sent in 5 diff mailings BUT...and here's where their mail fraud begins...it goes like this: 'But, if you DID want to purchase something, what would it be?' You are required to answer as part of the eligibility on going forward in the PCH sweepstakes. This is not just a 'clerical error', it is a planned criminal act printed in the voluminous literature it sends. Trouble is, you have to send this proof forward so they can begin their mail fraud.

Then the article arrives which you DID NOT ORDER ..."but if you did..."
We are then expected to subsidize this criminal firm by sending or trying to send it back. Its a win-win situation for them. They don't pay the postage back and the billing letters are beginning .

In my case, I just throw the letters and threats, unopened in w the unordered, unwanted merchandise. The threats are commonly used by such sleazy people, together with outside warnings on the envelopes, officious looking printed phrases etc. And I am not worried. If they want their merchandise back, they can PAY THE POSTAGE! IF they take legal action as I'm sure those bills infer, there's one question the courts will ask: PROVE IT !
 14th of Aug, 2012 by   victimized senior 0 Votes
Why must you allow the typo correction sites (above) to mess up the message?
 27th of Jul, 2013 by   Sue Scoles 0 Votes
I ordered a wallet for my husband who was in the Navy. When wallet arrived it was Army wallet. Sent back with payment but have not heard anything. Will I get the wallet or do I need to stop payment?
 16th of Feb, 2014 by   Nazirah 0 Votes
I did order from PCH. First was a dog pillow which has split at the seams and the stuffing from the pillow inside is falling out. So cheaply made. I'm not paying for garbage. Second was the fuzzy socks. Well first time washing (hand washing) in cold watedr...They SHRUNK! Please do not purchase any items from PCH. Don't know what country you use but they stink. Very unsatisfied customer!!! Will NEVER purchase anything from them anymore, and yes stop bugging me for payment. Nazirah Rajaa

Flagstar Bank Scam Artists Call