logo

Primerica

Posted:    Lance

Waste of time

Primerica
Primerica found my resume online and called me, identified themselves as "PFS". They misrepresented the position they were hiring for. Once I determined they were a financial service, I asked if the job was commission-based, that I was only interested in a salaried administrative assistant position. I was assured it was not. I spend 2 hrs between waiting, watching a video pitching selling/buying their financial services and "interviewing". There was no discussion about what the admin job would entail. The guy said he could not commit to hiring an admin at this time, maybe 60-90 days down the road they might hire from within. I could be eligible only after I become licensed, including securities. Like I said, I was not interested in sales and my time was wasted. An applicant I spoke to thought she was applying for a medical assistant job.
Comments United States Job & Career
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

9th of Aug, 2010 by   Trent Lagoria 0 Votes
I absolutely rescent this company, I started a blog to help spread the word about them please post your complaints go here> primericacomplaints.blogspot.com
 10th of May, 2011 by   vivalabutler5 0 Votes
Primerica also told me that the position was salaried and non commission based. What bs.
 12th of Dec, 2011 by   MHysell 0 Votes
Thank you for this post. You saved me time and gas money. After being called by a representative for an interview which sounded more like a scam even on the phone. I was on my way to the interview, second guessing my better judgment and googled directions to get to the interview only to stumble upon this article and several others from trusted websites. Now I am spending my evening more wisely, investing my time rather in Christmas shopping.
 30th of Jul, 2013 by   Bergy 0 Votes
I put my resume on the usual career websites and Primerica said they had the kind of job I was looking for, which I stated from the first was strictly clerical and did not involve sales of any kind. I went to the interview and found out they were lying. It turned out to be one of those phony high charged pep rallies by egomaniacs claiming that everyone could have the kind of lives they wanted if they sold Primerica products. I started to leave and a person at the door shoved a clipboard with an application at me. I was thoroughly disgusted at these lies and strong arm tactics and shoved it back, and left. Now whenever anyone calls stating they are Primerica or PFS representatives and they have a position that would suit me, I hang up. These losers don't deserve politeness. Only a firm NO and then block their number on your phone.

Fake Anti-Virus Software Scams on the Rise