logo

1. (0 mins ago)
Massey Services
2. (12 mins ago)
Forest Wind Siberians
Bad company, don’t buy from them
3. (42 mins ago)

Platformbreathe

Posted: 2011-05-06 by    Cox-Jonsson

creepy

PlatformBreathe.org
Does anyone else find these PlatformBreathe commercials a little creepy. All three that are airing on Tv feature three different 10 yr old girls in bikinis splashing around in water. How is these images related to energy conservation?
Comments United States Annoying Commercials
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

21st of May, 2011 by   BRENDA SHIRLEY +4 Votes
As the grandmother of 6 and 10 year old girls, I am offended by the platformbreathe commercials. The thin, wet, cotton bikini bathing suits are too seductive . The only people I think who like this commercial would be pedifiles. We already have too much sexual exploitation of our children. Please stop these commercials.
 13th of Jun, 2011 by   BRENDA SHIRLEY +3 Votes
Cox Johnson, I totally agree with you about the " platformbreathe" commercial being very creepy. It does not get the best message across.
 14th of Jun, 2011 by   mia_knowles +3 Votes
Same. Those commercials are so weird...
 6th of Aug, 2011 by   Ugdusa_com +3 Votes
I agree with this complaint. I mean, who sat in the marketing room and was like... "let's put a Malnourished 6 year old girl in a bikini that is droopy and have her talk about energy". Really? That's some sick demented marketing team.
 6th of Aug, 2011 by   Fergus2 +3 Votes
Calling these ads creepy is understating the issue. Exploiting scantily clad young girls to advance a political agenda is cynical, disgusting, and offensive to public decency. As the commenter above said, "That's some sick demented marketing team." And the icing on the cake: We're subsidizing this junk with public funds, as platformbreathe gets tax exemption as a nonprofit 'educational' institution. (See http://www.taxexemptworld.com/organization.asp?tn=1567686 )
 13th of Aug, 2011 by   IndianaNana +4 Votes
I am totally bothered by them. And how dare anyone think we are the pedophiles if we think it is wrong to use young girls in this manner? They are sick and disgusting.
 24th of Sep, 2011 by   DreWatkins -4 Votes
I think the creepy ones are you all who think that these ads are so wrong. Can't you see it for what it is instead of what you THINK others wanted you to see? The attitude that a young person, boy or girl, in a natural, everyday situation is too "sexy" or whatever you want to think it is is the same reason why gay and lesbian teens are committing suicide in massive numbers these days. That reason being that our society tells young people to be ashamed of their bodies and to "cover up and be decent" and that sex is only natural between a man and a woman who are both over 18... well, it's just ridiculous. It causes kids to be ashamed of their bodies and their natural feelings toward the opposite sex, and creates all kinds of insecurities and negative feelings toward sex and the opposite gender FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES. I will never teach any child of mine to be ashamed of their feelings, and you who do should be ashamed of yourselves. Honest and unembarrassed education is far more likely to keep children safe from pedophiles, early teen pregnancies and STD's than any amount of shaming and belittling their feelings. Grow up, people. Our kids need us to tell them the truth and accept the responsibility that we have as their teachers, not as bullies who just say "it doesn't matter why, just do what I say and don't question me." That same attitude caused me to rebel when I finally got away from my parents. I'm just lucky that I was able to avoid any long-term consequences of my limited scope of reality. I hope for your sakes, and especially for your children's sakes, that they end up as lucky, and as enlightened, as I.
 10th of Oct, 2011 by   Classical Gas +3 Votes
Well, I guess DreWatkins has never been molested by a family member or raped. So, Dre, good for your enlightenment; and I sincerely hope you and your children never find such horror in their lives. In the meantime, your scolding and PC angst about us who do find these platformbreath.com commercials "creepy, " well, maybe you should leave it to those of us who do know the horror.
 10th of Oct, 2011 by   IMD1  Best Advice +5 Votes
And I guess he thinks homosexuality is ok. The majorirty of America still disagrees.
 10th of Oct, 2011 by   Classical Gas -4 Votes
That's a supposition, IMD1, but Dre's context is apparently too liberal for me. I don't have a problem with anyones' sexuality as long as it doesn't cause injury, and mostly, if it's not in my face.
 10th of Oct, 2011 by   IMD1 +2 Votes
Quite right Brenda. Classical Gas, please don't embarrass yourself by displaying your ignorance and definitely don't let it get in the way of your education.
 10th of Oct, 2011 by   Classical Gas 0 Votes
Back on track: Those platformbreathe.com commercials are fodder for pedophiles--there is no doubt.
 10th of Oct, 2011 by   Classical Gas 0 Votes
Okay, IMD1 and Brenda, you both agree that the majority of Americans think that homosexuality is NOT ok. I'm not gonna argue the point. It might be statistically true. I really don't know. A Master's Degree in History gives me the right to think what I want--personally. God bless America.
 10th of Oct, 2011 by   IMD1 0 Votes
I certainly do not wish to belabor the subject myself I just don't care to have misinformation spread any more than it already is on any subject. If you hold a Master's in history, then you know that homosexuality does not work, all the way back in ancient history. The study of ancient civilizations is my specialty.
 10th of Oct, 2011 by   Classical Gas 0 Votes
Homosexuality does not cause procreation. And you're right, IMD1, I don't want to belabor the subject either, because if your specialty is ancient civilizations, you already know what I know. We just think a little differently about it. My specialities are law and religion in the Middle Ages and pre-history cultural anthropology.
 10th of Oct, 2011 by   Classical Gas 0 Votes
I'm always open for discussion, Brenda! This has been a pleasure. If I ever thought that everyone should agree with me, I would slap my own face! Probably one of the reasons I write and don't teach. Now, I say nite-nite to those who think, my friends, and I shall go listen to Eric Clapton's version of Classical Gas. I think I want that song at my funeral ...
 28th of Oct, 2011 by   TACTOM51 0 Votes
From a completly different prospective, I want to know who is behind the funding of these "green" PSA's. I'm suspecious about the subliminal content that passes through the mind as an inert PSA. Find where the funding for these TV spots come from, and you'll get to the heart of their agenda. After all...everyone has an agenda.
 16th of Nov, 2011 by   SamIamHis +1 Votes
I am and have been in complete agreement that the Platformbreathe.org commercials are using young children in seductive "innocence" to promote an environmental agenda. I found the commercials creepy from the first time I saw them and found no relevance with a young scantily clad girl parroting some environmental propaganda that she herself cannot understand in part or in whole. She does not even know what she is attracting let alone promoting.
 29th of May, 2012 by   Jessi9ca 0 Votes
Actually, I rather don't like the message behind the platform Breathe Commercials. The Girl in the Bikini Represents Green energy and suggests that it is a young field. Being a young field, green energy doesn't have the experience to compete against more established energies. For it to compete, Green Energy needs one of the older, more established energies to take it by the hand, to teach it what it needs to know. You can see this in the way the commercial is shot, especially the one with the boat. The older company, person is the one filming the commercial. The commercial starts off far away with long shots, studying her and later approaches her and at points we are shown the age difference when the commercial is looking down on her, an adult contemplating whether she is a child or is she is a sexual creature in need of teaching. In keeping with thew metaphor, the little girl or green energy is ready to learn. It is ready to be put on the market and taken home. Even more, there is a sexual offer being made that you could be Green Energy, the little girl's first.
 23rd of Aug, 2012 by   lakeshow01 0 Votes
Here is the direct contact info for Platformbreathe.org:

12 W 21st Street 10th Floor New York, NY 10010 USA