logo

Aliasids.com Spidentity
This site is a scam!
3. (26 mins ago)
honda india 2 wheeler [bike unicorn]
fornt brake disc mfg defect
4. (27 mins ago)
Ads vs TV time

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Pimsleur Approach, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Complaints & Reviews - Frauduletnt sales technique and scam

Pimsleur Approach Contacts & Informations

Pimsleur Approach

Posted: 2011-12-16 by    Fed up with frauds

Frauduletnt sales technique and scam

Pimsleur Approach
2811 Southhampton Rd
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Phone: 866 204-7139
pimsleurapproach.com
Purchased three Quick & Simple Spanish learning CD for Christmas presents, at no time during phone conversation with sales staff or on their Internet order sight was the Rapid Fluency Program Gold program mentioned. After receiving the initial order I opened the package to confirm the shipment and read the flyer included. This was the first mention of the on-going Gold Program where 16 additional CD would be sent again no mention of cost or billing. I called the number in the flyer and after several demands to know the nature of the additional CD program and the cost I was finally informed my credit card would be billed for 3 payments totaling $ 248..00 for each of the three Quick and Simple programs I received. I demanded to stop immediately any affiliation with Pimsleur Approach and was first told I would have to wait until the 1st Gold CD arrived and then could cancel. I asked for a supervisor and was disconnected. I called back again requested a supervisor and was not none available. I finally demanded that the accounts be closed and no further shipments be made regarding any products from Pimsleur Approach. I was told the account was closed. I requested an e-mail confirmation and was told it would be sent immediately. 3 hours later I had not received the confirmation and called back this customer service agent told me the accounts were closed I again demanded a cancellation confirmation and finally received e-mail confirmation on both my email address and my wife's. a week later I received 3 additional shipments from Pimsleur Approach I called customer service to inquire about the shipments with cancellation email in hand. I was told nothing else was shipped out and the account was closed. I inquired about why I just received 3 additional boxes and she said they did not ship anything and I needed to open to determine what was shipped. I informed I did not want to open boxes wanted a return to shipper number to send back she told me they could not do anything until I opened the package to determine what was sent and the account number. With significant reservations I am going to be forced to open the 2nd shipments. This company is an obvious SCAM!!! WARNING DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THEM. I will contact the PA Attorney General Office tomorrow to file a formal complaint. I am also contacting the US Postal Service Agents in the Ft. Worth office to inquire about filing a complaint for mail fraud.
Comments United States Books
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

20th of Jan, 2012 by   FM Sexton 0 Votes
I resently purchased 4 Quick and Simple language CD sets from Pimsleur. After reading these scam alerts and when the programs were one day late I called and stayed online till I was greeted by a representative. Her name is Charlene. She was very polite and located all my sets as to where they were. I explained what my intent was and we parted conversation. The next day I received two of my sets and the following day I received the third. One is on back order and in their warehouse. I fill sure I will receive this one also. I did also receive the Gold program that I did not want. I again called and stated I did not intend to order or want this program. The lady (whose name slips me) informed me that after my earlier conversation with Charlene the Gold program was cancelled to all programs. When I get my back ordered program I will of course verify this. These people were very courteous and proffessional. My only complaint is the way the Gold program is included and apparently many others have the same problem. This is poor copywriting and should be corrected. FM Sexton fmsexton@yahoo.com 1/20/12
 30th of Apr, 2012 by   Thane David 0 Votes
Yes, a video advertised a certain price and contents, then suddenly we are sent the gold edition. Deceptive.
 30th of May, 2012 by   June Ejiogu 0 Votes
I really agree with you Thane David about Pimsleurs approch to the program, right now my credit company has done an investigation on how they charge you over and over...everything you said above start going wrong for me this Feb 2012. I started with them last year. Please email me at junejubert1@aol.com to be another person who is having problems with them and the charges. I will definetely stand by what you say, please let me know what I can do as well. Always, June Ejiogu
 2nd of Jun, 2012 by   Kc4IN 0 Votes
I agree with first complaint on this site, because it is exactly what happen to me with Pinsleur Approach. I also bought Spanish Quick Learning CDs for $9.95 and was not told in ad or by person in customer service or order status that I would be recieving Gold Edition from Pimsleur. I recieved a bill saying I owed them $248.00 for Gold Editions of Spanish lesson. So was going to send back Gold Edition to Pimsleur and cancel all orher orders. Called Customer Service and Lady I talked to was very very rude and unprofessional and told me the time to return lessons had passed and that Pimsleur would not accept Gold edition back if I sent it to them. So I told her then anything sent thru mail without company notifying person product is being sent to is concidered as FREE and no charges can be collected by said company. So told her I guess Pimsleur had sent these lessons to me for free cause no one told me anything about recieving any further lessons from them. Feel I tried to give them a way to end all this by sending Gold Edition back but would not let me do that and would not let me know where to send Gold Edition. So, she immediately got very rude and said " Wel then. We'll just mark your order as unpaid!!" and then hung up phone on me. So I have free Spanish Gold Edition Lesson from Pimsleur Approach. I will be contacting BBB, Attorney General in the State Of Indiana, Post Master General of US Postal Service and filing complaint with them for Frudulent charges thru USMail and Scam for fraud charges with Attorney General Office in Indiana on Pimsleur Approach in Phiadelphia, Pennsylvania. And sending letter to Pennsylvania Attorney General Office also. Maybe then this company will learn so disclose all information so that person cancel or just order first lessons and cancel Gold edition from them!!!
 7th of Jun, 2012 by   AJD803 0 Votes
I am sorry to hear about the problems you all have been having... I hope it all gets resolved. I have never (and will never) order anything from Pimsleur. What I do to avoid situations like this is just go visit all the public libraries in the area and check and see if they have any Language CDs. If they do great, I can check them out and rip them to my computer at no cost! Best of luck in your claims against Pimsleur. This is looking like it might turn into a class action suit one day...
 19th of Jun, 2012 by   Scorp1on 0 Votes
Wife thought she was ordering a $9.95 course. Obviously this scam is designed to get the same amount of money out of a consumer as Rosetta Stone's above-board pricing but deceptively. We just saw our first round of doubled up $69 charges in one month. Wife had no idea she wasn't buying a 9.99 item, but rather a $700+ installment plan. Everything about the web page is deigned to draw your eye away from the minute-fonted 'terms" in which are buried quickly accruing sets of $277 dollar courses on installment charges. Even the method of cascading the payments is fairly obviously designed to test whether the card holder closely monitors their bill. Wait 30 days $69... 30 days later, bamm... another $69 then again... how many courses they have I have no idea. Wife will be calling today to demand credit and gladly return. If cannot contact or get no satisfaction, will dispute charges, file a complaint with PA attorney general, and complain to PBS that their name is being used for this scam.

Do Gas Saving Devices Work?

Latest Groups