logo

1. (0 mins ago)
Massey Services
2. (12 mins ago)
Forest Wind Siberians
Bad company, don’t buy from them
3. (42 mins ago)
Cricket

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

physicians mutual insurance, Omaha, Nebraska Complaints & Reviews - cancellation

physicians mutual insurance Contacts & Informations

physicians mutual insurance

Posted:    paisan57

cancellation

physicians mutual insurance co
dodge street
Omaha, Nebraska
physiciansmutual.com
Stay away from this company..Physicians Mutual Insurance Co... My insurance was cancelled because I was late with 2 payments even though I've been with the company for 15 years now. I had to change banks after my father passed away (we had a checking account together because he had alzheimers. It was through this process that I had to make sure everything was set up before I made a payment. I got a letter from them asking me to set up automatic withdrawal from my new bank...so I did. But when they received my application for it they didn't accept it because my insurance had lapsed..but never bothered to tell me about it. So when I seen that my payments weren't getting withdrawn...I emailed them...and THAT'S when they told me it had lapsed. When I tried to explain that it wasn't all my fault, they didn't want to hear that and still cancelled my policy!!!

Since then, I've found out that I'm not the only person that they've done that to!!!
Comments United States Health & Life Insurance
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

12th of Oct, 2010 by   slm5472 0 Votes
That's not a scam. That is you, even though you did not mean to, not holding up your end of the contract. No one wants to work for free and no one is going to give you a policy and keep it in force without premiums paid. The law, not the company, says they have to cancel if your premiums are not paid. Just my two pennies...
 14th of Oct, 2010 by   paisan57 0 Votes
I understand that. The things that I don't understand are, they accepted my information over the internet, cashed my check, and then, a week later sent me a letter stating that I didn't pay, my account was cancelled. Then they sent me a check back for the same amount. I'm sure there are a ton of people out there that are late on a payment or two, it happens. But then a company that I've been paying on time for 15 yrs. cancels me for two late payments (one that I paid, but they sent it back after they cashed it)? I'm sorry but I don't think that's fair and not a way to treat a good customer.
 13th of Jul, 2011 by   FactWatcher 0 Votes
It may not technically be a scam but it is typical of the arrogant and inflexible attitudes of most if not all insurance companies. I have a plan F megigap policy with Physicians Mutual and recently moved state to PA. They bumped up the rate by over 20% because they said it was "the rate for that cover in PA". I then went onto the website and was quoted a rate of HALF my premium for my age and for the same state of PA. I have tried to get an explanation from them of this massive disparity but they just stonewall. I am in the process of changing to a new insurer but I will be spreading the word as often as possible that Physicans Mutual is by my experience, a "bottom feeder" company, in all senses of the expression!
 19th of Jul, 2011 by   v lenard 0 Votes
Well, well here my story : In today's world when you're living on a fixed income, you're not living check to check by the week it is by the month and you have to spend carefully.I forgot I had mailed in a payment and I paid again with a debit card, I called to try and get them not to request the card payment, of course they refuse me and I know it could have been done because it hadn't went trough.Then they had the nerve to call me and say I hadn't made any payment.I don't know if I want to stay with this company.I will read some more reviews other people experiences could be a deciding factor
 21st of Oct, 2012 by   D.Ba 0 Votes
I don't see the point of buying their life insurance. My husband paid on life insurance for our daughter for 24 years. Even though it lapsed when he got sick and died, Physician's Mutual was willing to take her back if we paid the missed premium, but only if she had no health concerns, which she does. I told them that there was no way they would accept her under those terms and asked if there was a cash value instead. So once again they wrote back to say my late husband could send in the premium (which at 25 goes up double what it was), fill out health forms, and there is no cash value, since it had been used up for two months of premium. As if I were going to send them 14 months of premiums and then 12 months of premiums a month later so they could then say they rejected her, probably keep the premiums, and there is likely never a cash value. A parent would be better off putting the money in a bank account for the child than wasting it on this kind of insurance.
 6th of Feb, 2013 by   L & S 0 Votes
I am considering Physicians Mutual for my wife and me. I want to know if anyone has any reviews on how well they pay out on claims, such as root canal, cleaning, etc... Do they drag their feet on paying claims? Do they underpay on claims? I would appreciate any feed back before I sign us up.
 15th of Mar, 2013 by   Nika413 0 Votes
@ L& S...
My one concern is what they are going to reimburse on Dental Insurance. Their limits seems extrememly small and impractical and you might be left with a humongous dental bill with them refusing to pay for various procedures. e.g. a person stated they refused to pay for the scraping of teeth when they are cleaned!!
 4th of Jun, 2013 by   jpinnc 0 Votes
I am an agent for Physicians Mutual, and I am also a policy holder. I have sold many dental policies without any complaints. My understanding is that they settle claims quickly to the dentist or policyholder. Yes, I do agree that it may look like they don't pay much. But I always tell my clients that they should shop around to see what dentists are charging because some dentists, in my opinion, simply charge too much. Even though I must wait 12 mos. to get major work done, my annual benefit is 'unlimited' where most plans cap at $1000-$1500 for the year. It is a good policy. As for the other complaints, though imperfect, Physicians Mutual is very well liked by their policyholders. Their customer service is excellent. I would advise anyone experiencing problems with a Physicians Mutual product to find a local agent to assist. You can call the company or visit their website to make such a request.
 27th of Feb, 2014 by   avskier 0 Votes
Don't Buy this Insurance!!! Period. Aside from the fact that they pay hardly anything for a claim, you would have to visit your dentist almost monthly just to recap the premiums. AND they have the gall to have a paid Company representative put his two cents in here. Of course he gave glowing recommendations for Physicians Mutual!!! RUN FROM THIS COMPANY AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!!
OH.. And that prescription benefit card they send you when you sign up... practically worthless!!!
Yes, this is a bottom feeding company that preys on the poor who probably can't figure out they're getting boned.
 27th of Feb, 2014 by   jpinnc 0 Votes
avskier, You need to read my post again. I clearly state the ways their dental policy is imperfect. When I worked for them, when talking to people about this product I would always point out the good and bad about it. While I agree that a policy from another company may be better in some situations, Physicians Mutual Dental HAS NO CALENDAR MAXIMUM BENEFIT, so if you need a handful of crowns, Physicians Dental is better. But if you don't have enough sense to call around and find the best price on the work you need done, then too bad for you. Physicians won't pay much when you go to a real expensive dentist.
 27th of Feb, 2014 by   avskier 0 Votes
Here's a straight shot right at ya. Having worked for PM, you shouldn't be anywhere near this forum. They have enough slanted advertising to choke a goat.
 27th of Feb, 2014 by   jpinnc 0 Votes
In the one and a half years I represented them, I saw many examples of excellent customer service shown to clients and former clients. PM has an A+ rating with Weiss Research and an A rating with A.M.Best, and they pay there claims well. Everything I have said about them is true, and I could care less if you agree or not!
 8th of Jul, 2014 by   Chachi123 0 Votes
My dentist allows you credit to pay as you go on procedures without the hassle of filing a claim of a dental insurance plan! This way you only pay for what you have needed! Save the premiums in a bank account you'll come out a whole lot better!
 8th of Jul, 2014 by   avskier 0 Votes
Good advice! PM is worthless!!
 14th of Jul, 2014 by   JohnH2889 0 Votes
I have a top of the line Phys. Mutual Medicare supplemental insurance policy for a few years now. I receive NO medical bills and using the insurance is trouble free. I recommend Phys. Mutual...
 14th of Jul, 2014 by   avskier 0 Votes
How much are your premiums per month for your "top of the line" PM Medicare Ins?
 14th of Jul, 2014 by   JohnH2889 0 Votes
avskier,

I sent you a private message concerning premium cost...did you get it?
 14th of Jul, 2014 by   avskier 0 Votes
yes, , thc 4 info
 11th of Sep, 2014 by   Right2ArmBears 0 Votes
Thanks for all the TRUTHFULL SCAM alert advice. Even my Dental office personal explained to me what a risk they are, That rep from the Co. Shouldn't even be allowed on this site. This site is for truthfull people.

5 Tips for Tech Savings