False & miss leading contract.None service provider.

The Curlew public house.
Chelmsford., Essex, England
United Kingdom
As a public house and provider of services to the public, The Curlew takes the hygiene of their washrooms (toilets) very serious and so when PHS one of the largest washroom providers contacted us, i was pleased to take up a years contract with them, as i only ever take out yearly contracts on any service. The contract has been totally dis honoured as far as i am concerned. The contract was for :- 12 months service to be paid monthly. 12 monthly visits to service the wash rooms, IE sprays, hand wash, urinal blue flush, sanitary bins emptied and the hire of the dryers etc.For this i would have peace of mind and lovely fresh toilets, that all would want to visit.WELL !! All the fee was taken straight from my account .In 10 months i have had 4 visits from the company. In the first 3 months i kept phoning the office at Wickford in Essex, with no joy. Just got Phoebed off, they would be with me soon etc. Got told in so many words by the service girl when she did turn up it was not her job, not her area. I finally am at breaking point so i e-mailed the sales rep to be told, go away i'm on maternity leave.By this time i've had my no service contract for six months and no sign of the service i have paid up front for. Now i'm thinking need to contact the head office in "CAERPHILLY", only got apology and passed back to Wickford office manager. This is a total miss sale of contract and i have since been onto the head office yet again, telling them how i feel and how i want a full refund on the use less contract.!! My bank have been told not to release any more cash to them, as they have already had a years up front. My message to all. :- is DON ' T use this company, there are much better companies out there that would welcome the chance to work for you and keep their employees in work in this time of recession.

Chrissie Coomer . Landlady the" CURLEW" . BY the by thank god i have a fantastic cleaner whom does a brilliant job here to combat and compensate for the shoddy washroom company !!!
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United Kingdom Complaint category Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful?

8th of Jun, 2011 by    0 Votes
We had a similar issue with washroom care - fired them. Then took on their PHS Greenleaf division to provide hanging flower baskets. BIG mistake! Appalling service, poor quality flowers, late changeovers, no apologies from PHS staff. Fired them. This seems to be a company out of control - poor employee relations, poor customer service. Decided to use local provider instead of this monster company with 5000 employees!
 17th of Jun, 2014 by    0 Votes
I blame Mike Laney
 25th of Jul, 2014 by    0 Votes
My sales team are inundated with calls from frustrated clients trying to exit a contract with a large washroom company. We cannot fathom as to why such large corporate businesses are unable to carry out a simple service such as servicing your washrooms.
Bully boy tactics, lacklustre sales people and poor service operatives seem to be the norm and very much accepted by management.
My advice is to vote with your feet and try out the smaller companies such as ours, they will respect you and ensure you get the best service possible, WHY, because they need your business and won't take you for granted.
 8th of Apr, 2015 by    0 Votes
As a Phs driver I regret to inform you that our hands and tied by the powers at be and all though we try our best to keep the customers happy and most driver have a good repor with there customers a lot of the time this is simply not possible due to overloading of work and impossible target. My advise is use an other contractor as Phs are only getting worse

Driver for Phs
 12th of Jun, 2015 by    0 Votes
Totally agree with the comment of the above service driver.. We are a local washroom service company who takes customer service very seriously and always put our customers first. If you are looking at changing from the big nationals we'd be happy to help in any way we can.
 12th of Jun, 2015 by    0 Votes
A company that relishes poor service and delights in over-charging customers. Sales people are encouraged to treat customers as fools. Depot staff are rude but the drivers and service personnel are generally polite and hard-working (they cut corners due to time constraints.)
Many of the products are inferior to others available.
The biggest complaint is the vice-like grip of the contracts which the customers sign. The customer will be charged 75% of the remaining time (often 5 years) and are forced to pay.

Contact Us