logo

Avvya
FAKE/TOXIC SOAP
2. (36 mins ago)
DHL
DHL non delivery and theft!
3. (38 mins ago)
Security staff

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Phoenix State University, Arizona Complaints & Reviews - Never Delivered Product I Paid For

Phoenix State University Contacts & Informations

Phoenix State University

Posted:    Skip Hall

Never Delivered Product I Paid For

Phoenix State University
Arizona
After over two months, ETI/PSU never provided any of the products I paid for: Executive Protection, Bodyguard, Firearms Instruction, Master Gunsmith, FFL Licensing, Shotgun Tactical Specialist, Vehicle Escape, Event Protection, Dignitary Protection. In actuality I don't believe they have any of these products.

I paid over $400 for their Maxi Success Program. DON'T DO IT. Angela one of their "reps" was rude and accused me of not even taking the test that I sent back to them over 8 times - although it wasn't a course but more like a marketing overview questionaire. Tim, the alleged ATF retired Manager, also threatened me when I asked for the products I had paid for. They continued to reply to any correspondence through one of two email addresses: mail@e-psu.com or mail@zpsu.com . Both are automated responses. If you enter the addresses in and send them anything you will get back the same reply regardless.

They claim to "grandfather" your credentials to avoid the Obama legislation with guns. They claim you are bonded through them. NOT TRUE. They claim they sign you up for alot of associations - NOT TRUE only one and it is theirs. They claim to get you credit refs - not any good as no one knows the companies they use as reference.

IN TOTAL A GIANT SCAM AND FRAUD. Stay AWAY FROM ETI/PSU for any Reason.
Comments United States Colleges and Universities
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

19th of Mar, 2009 by   jd7879 +2 Votes
The same thing happened to me, except I never spoke with anyone or ever got anything other than an automated response through those same email addresses. They mailed the certificate to me and emailed the course, but it has been 3 months and 7 emails later and still nothing. The automated responses always say that a rep will respond within 3 business days or whatever, but I have never been emailed back. They keep referring people to more of their sites that basically tell you that if you haven't been contacted it is because something is wrong on your end, like an incorrect email address, and they have been trying to reach you, and that they are doing all this work "behind the scenes".
Someone spent a lot of time on these automated emails and "answer" sites all for one goal: to make you sit on it and wait until you get tired of it and move on without the product you purchased. Luckily I only lost $159, but you can lose a lot more than that. I ordered the Locksmith Course, the basic and the Journeyman. I never got anything but the basic course and I emailed my course to be graded a week later. Then again after a month of not hearing anything. They just completely left me hanging.
I went to file a complaint through Paypal, and first I called the customer service phone they have listed. Guess what? Another automated message! It says to NOT leave a message and to email the same email address I have been emailing for months. So I started filing the dispute, and lo and behold...another automated message pops up asking me not to file a dispute, but to go to another website and email ANOTHER email address (mail@vipcsr.com) because now I am a VIP! So I emailed that address, got another automated response that said I would be contacted within 1 business day. That of course was a week ago. So I went back to Paypal and filed an official complaint and request for my money back. Although Paypal says that they can't help me with getting my money back because of the type of transaction, I still felt it was a good move. Even if I never see my money, which I highly doubt I will, if Paypal sees enough complaints they might discontinue PSU/ETI's account and less people will lose their hard-earned money.
The worst thing is that they seem so legit and their are very little complaints on the internet about them. So I trusted them and now I have to let others know that even if this company is legit they take forever and don't keep promises.
 24th of Mar, 2009 by   JIM +2 Votes
Yep same here giant scam no materials or responses it's a complete and total scam. Filed dispute with paypal only waited 15 days that's the intent of all the sites content is to get you to hold on long enough that can't dispute it with paypal. It even pops up when you go to dispute it and BEGS YOU NOT TOO ALSO STATES YOU COULD LOOSE YOUR GRANDFATHERING IN COMPLETE SCAM!!!
EVERYONE NEEDS TO CALL PAYPALL AND GET THIS SITE SHUT DOWN ASAP.
 27th of Mar, 2009 by   acidcustom +2 Votes
same happened here, got one email about what name I wanted on the certificate and nothing since that was in December 08 . Have tried to claim through Paypal but was too long time lapsed

john
 14th of Apr, 2009 by   Don Slater +2 Votes
s.o.s.d.d. went through the same run a round don't fall for this Bull S--- !!! Don
 23rd of Apr, 2009 by   steve +1 Votes
My group of friends, not large but not small, were getting ready to all join the PTU program your complaint addressed in response to the possibility of losing the right to bear arms. Today, just before placing the orders I decided to look it up under complaints. Thank you all for stopping me for becoming not only easily scammed, but for being responsible for my group. Is there a reputable outfit out there to go to?

evetsotto@hotmail.com
 3rd of May, 2009 by   gunlady +1 Votes
Same Problem here. Constant redirection to a different web site and email address. Supposedly with more status. I am "grandfathered" and "wired in" I did get a really pretty piece of paper in the mail that says I am a Master Gunsmith, although I only recall sending them one test. In the fine print, it did say there was enough information in the little email quiz to pass both exams, so I guess that's all it took to make me a "master". I was really hoping for some good leads to decent gunsmithing supplies when I shelled out the cash, but nothing since December.
 7th of May, 2009 by   RWGN +1 Votes
There Pros at being GREAT CONS, I spent over $400 and then began to smell something unpleasent. Checked unline for scams found this site contacted Paypal got them to reverse the charge. Thanks for the feedback, I got lucky. Hope this helps others.
 7th of May, 2009 by   RWGN +1 Votes
Hope this helps others.
 18th of May, 2009 by   Louiringe +1 Votes
I can't say PSU is a scam but let me address some issues that are related.

First let me address my backround I am a retired armorer from a sheriff's department in California. I have had a Federal Firearms license since the early 80's. PSU goes into great detail in its text about scams and why they are not. Well let me ask can you speak to them NO, can you find their location NO. All their mail adress are MAIL@... Other than an automated response you are contacted by them AFTER you spend your money. I have yet to find or know a CERTIFIED F.F.L. as stated by PSU. A F.F.L. is an easy item to aquire and you can get all the information you need for B.A.T. F. for nothing. The ONLY fees you will pay ARE FOR THE LICENSE.

A CERTIFIED armorer is a person who has been CERTIFIED by a firearms company after taking the companies armorers class. Personally I have been CERTIFIED by 11 different firearm companies.

Now as I have been unable to find out where PSU is located (without spending money of course) I shall share the following information. As I have said I am from CA. Now as far as CCW CERTIFACATIONS in Ca. FORGET IT they have no clue what they are talking about.With reapect to a Bounty hunter of Bail recovery person CA. has no licenseing program for this and If you are thinking of going into this line of work in California and think you will get a CCW thats no going to happen either. I tried to get PSU to discuss these issues but a of course you can't get anyone to respon to your questions
 19th of May, 2009 by   William D. Kleintob +1 Votes
I too ! have been scammed!!! I sent my test in for gunsmith/reloader with no response. I spent $160. I should have known, sounded to good to be true!!!
 30th of May, 2009 by   Steve +1 Votes
PSU IS A HUGE SCAM!!!

Firearms Instructor, Master etc????? Really? You order the course and they send you the Certification rigth away. The course is a joke, the test is a joke, it's copy and paste answers and when you send it no one ever, I mean ever, replies to your email. They say to teach Concealed Weapons and making 6 figures all you need is the Firearms Instructor course, lol, they also state on thier website "Q: Is my certificate State specific? What if I move?
A: Your certification is valid in all 50 States, and if you move, you only have to give us your new address, no other work is required."

It's ALL BS. The emails are mail@... all automated, never a reply. The Certificate they send you is as good as a sheet of toilet paper, I was embarrassed when I told someone in the Firearms business that I got my certification online with Phoenix State University, the chuckle cut right thru me.

I tried to teach CWP and the State(Florida) doesn't recognize the PSU Certification I have. I should be refunded my money $$$. The real shame is I can't get the time I waisted back.
 31st of May, 2009 by   rebut +1 Votes
TOTAL RIP OFF!!! Don't send them a dime. After Almost $500.00 paid to them I have almost nothing to show for it. They are a fraud...a rip off and a complete scam.
 11th of Jun, 2009 by   Mike Aadnesen +1 Votes
I got sucked in myself. Paid for the Master Locksmith course and got very little info, a quickie test AND a certificate. What a joke. Never answer any emails and I know of no way to get hold of them. I want to sue! I will sue!!! Got to find them first, though. Isn't this fraud?? Shouldn't the FBI or someone handle this since it seems to be nationwide, etc.??
 13th of Jun, 2009 by   Barry +1 Votes
Same here, but I only lost the money for the kit, total ripoff, , paid for the kit to help my get my FFL and got a link right back to their original website with the same bullshit I read for free, , Isnt there any place to turn them in ? anything associated with the ATF about scamming people for firearm related material ??? even though I only lost 30 bucks im still pisssed, , , just as pissed at myself also for falling for this crap, , , I know better...
 16th of Jun, 2009 by   batt_man +1 Votes
Yes, the same thing is happening to me. It is as if there is only one person operating the email boiler room.
They are not accredited by ANY organization in America, they do not bond persons as I checked with GE and they have no records of them. They do not list their GREAT group of distributors because there is no list. They do not have any distributors that work with them.

I have trained in the past for a firearms instructor and can tell you that NO written exam will prepare you for that. If you ever are confronted by someone, you will LOOSE. It is impossible to be ready to fight if you are not trained repeatedly until it comes natural to you.

Regarding the gunsmith course. LOL... For what firearms do they train you to repair? They do not list the firearms that you will be working with.

In addition, if you noticed, they own all the companies that they refer to in their website. There are NO independent companies listed in the website.

I should have seen the flag when I sent my payment. However, I will do everything within my power to recover my money and get them out of their business.

Since the money was wired through PayPal, there are Federal rules that dictate interstate commerce. I will start by trying to nail them under this law. If that does not work, I ask you to join me in filing a class action lawsuit against them.

Just imagine how many honest and hard working persons PSU and its associates have taken.

PSU is a total SCAM. I will not be surprised if they fall under the racketeering act since I read several posts here that the company officials threatened them with violence. That is against the law. Let us terminate their business and get our hard-earned money back.

Please join me.

As you can see, all the posts in this site refer to the same issue. You send them money, they respond with automated emails from two addresses and ALL of them say the same thing. I have tried to contact a person by the name of Barbara who signs the fraudulent emails, but I never get a response to my questions.
I think it is time for all of us to get together and file a complaint with the USPS (also with what I mentioned at the top of this response), as it is under their supervision since they advertise that you will receive some material via mail. In addition, we need to contact the BBB and our district attorneys.
Regarding PayPal, all of us need to send a letter and signing it. I know that once they receive it they will cut-off PSU and most probably will refund the money.
It is time for all of us to act together and get this SCAM of a company out of business.
They are taking advantage of good honest persons that just want to enhance their careers or learn more about their hobby.

I ask you, please let us get together, and bombard all government agencies so that they will be investigated and hopefully we will get our money back.
LET US GO AFTER PSU and their dishonest personnel.

If interested, please contact me through this forum and we will go after them.

Thanking you,

XYZ-Let’s get PSU
 18th of Jun, 2009 by   catleone +1 Votes
I was seriously thinking about taking their gunsmith courses but had a real problem with no phone number or physical address on their site. In my search for more information on them, I happened onto this webpage and have read all of your comments. I just want to say thank you all for your comments - you confirmed what I suspected. If its any consolation, you saved at least one person from throwing away their money and I thank you.
 22nd of Jun, 2009 by   epolson +1 Votes
I was passively thinking about the firearms instructor, but there is one serious problem... and I posed this question to them directly (through their email system, of course) "In order to be a competent firearms instructor, you must be a proficient firearms user. How would your course measure these skills to ensure that the recipient of the certification is truly qualified to instruct?" and received their automated email response. Seems there are some serious problems here... and due diligence should be the order of the day (as it should with all online purchases)... To batt-man above, I'd be glad to join, but I have made no purchases, so I can provide precious little help.
 25th of Jun, 2009 by   pderozza +1 Votes
Thanks guys, you saved me a lot of trouble and expense.
 26th of Jun, 2009 by   batt_man +1 Votes
PSU or as they call themselves is nothing but a SCAM and a rip-off. They do not teach anything, the companies they mention do not exist; to be a gunsmith you need tools and lots of work on different guns in order to be proficient.
To be a firearms instructor you must be NRA certified if you want to be recognized. They do not even have a range nor do they teach you how to shoot and teach.

Their DIPLOMAS are printed on an 8.5x11 sheet of paper using a program called DIPLOMA and TRANSCRIPT that you can purchase for $45 and it is a GAG. I searched and that is the program they use to print their DIPLOMAS.
I think is time for all of us to go to our DA's office and try to get a class action suit against them, well, not a class action suit but CRIMINAL CHARGES.
They are ripping off thousands of people.
As soon as they get a hold of your money, they use the DUBEST excuses. I will scan one of their letters and post it here.
DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM. All they try to do is sell you badges and stuff to make you look official, but if you ever are caught with that in a confrontation, you will be in so much trouble because it is fraudulent.

Stay AWAY FROM THEM, THEIR COURSES, and let us try to STOP THEM.
I am so mad that I cannot even write a decent letter right now.
I cannot stand how they are taking advantage of people that need jobs and will NEVER be able to get one with their credentials.
They also need to be reported to the Justice department and the BATF. Let us see if they can do something.

Also, PLEASE SEND LETTERS TO PAYPAL SO THAT THEY WILL DECLINE THEIR ACCOUNT. They are using PayPal to rip-off consumers.
Please, all of you write and complain to PayPal, they have to stop this ASAP.
 20th of Jul, 2009 by   Weststar +1 Votes
Thank You, all for exposing Phoenix State University. I was about th purchase one of their courses!
Does anyone know of a good school for Exectutive Protection/Security Consultant?

Identity Theft Has Many Forms