logo

Care.com
Auto billing
2. (9 mins ago)
SuperiorPowersports.com
Wont stand behind sales or product...
3. (11 mins ago)
United Auto Credit
Privacy issues
4. (15 mins ago)
Reliance Protectron
Worst Security System with awful service.
5. (17 mins ago)

Phantom Gourmet

Posted:    HonestConsumer3

scammed out of money

Phantom Gourmet
This company apparently went out of business shortly after allowing customers to purchase purple gift cards from them. They then started selling black gift cards under the same name. When a restaurant would not allow me to use the purple gift card, I called the company. They said mail it in and they will issue me a new black gift card. I paid 44 cents to mail the gift card back to them. They mail me a new gift card, but for 20% less than what it was worth. They claimed it was for processing and handling. Well all they had to do was place the new gift card in an envelope and put a 44 cent stamp on it, like I did. Yet, apparently that costs way more for them to do that. This is absolutely ridiculous and urge everyone to not buy gift cards from them!
Comments United States Food
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

8th of Apr, 2013 by   Xtaski 0 Votes
Same thing re reissuance of a new card but when I tried to use it this weekend the card was denied even though there is over $70 on it. Apparently the card expired in 2010 even though the back clearly notes the expiration date is 7 years from reissuance and I saved the envelpe it arrived in notice it was mailed to me on December 14, 2009.

Is there any way I can get a refund on this headache of a gift card?
 8th of Jan, 2014 by   Dustin Rennells 0 Votes
The same thing happened to me. It's a total scam. I was stuck with a $50 dinner bill at a place recommended on their website, the Warren Tavern in Charlestown. I didn't even want to go there, it was just one of the few places in the city that was accepting these scam cards. Now they will change the cards if you send a NOTARIZED LETTER asking to get your card switched. I have two $25 gift cards for a $50 value. They charge $8 PER CARD NOW to replace them with the new card. I received my cards, brand new, still in their paper wrappers this christmas 2013 and by the first of January they weren't in use now. They were from a client, and the client insists they were bought in 2013 from the company directly. Don't get sucked into this foodie scam.

Flu Shots Not in Short Supply