logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (20 mins ago)
Busuu.com
Shame on them for their awful business methods
2. (23 mins ago)
Rude Behavior

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Pep Boys, Savannah, Georgia Complaints & Reviews - Up selling & lying about what your vehicle requires

Pep Boys Contacts & Informations

Posted:    Notgoingtotakeitanymore

Up selling & lying about what your vehicle requires

8702 Abercorn St
Savannah, Georgia
Phone: 912 920-1442
Beware of this maintenance shop at this store and the manager. I went in for an oil change and tire rotation/balance and they tried to up sell me over $1, 000.00 worth of parts and additional service I did not need. Plus they tried to charge me for my tire rotation and balance when I bought the road hazard program with the new tires I bought at that store which I was told was all included. To make matters worse when I left in my vehicle the front wheel alignment was out so badly I had to go to Goodyear (who I do trust) to fix it. Pep boys told me my wiper blades were cracked and I needed an air filter, fuel filter shocks and struts. I checked the wiper blades and air filter. As I waited for my vehicle they did the same thing to every customer there. I also learned that when Pep Boys runs sales for example, a shock sale for so much off each shock, if the sale is made the difference on the sale goes to the mechanic so the mechanics make more money when you buy more. So, the manager and mechanics have a huge incentive to up sale every customer. When I complained at the pep boys 800 number customer service and left a message they did not call back so I wrote a complaint through the company website. Don't bother doing that either if you make the mistake of have service at pep boys and experience problems there because the complaints are routed back to the store manager. I have included the actual measurements Goodyear did to prove pep boys messed with my vehicle. My advice, go to Goodyear.

Comments United States Car Service Centers
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Saving on Holiday Travel