logo

Little Fashions Boutique
EXTREMELY POOR SERVICE!!
2. (2 mins ago)
Identification Consulting
non delivery of paid-for documents
3. (3 mins ago)

PeopleSmart

Posted: 2011-02-15 by    Mangtog

Unauthorized Charge

PeopleSmart
I checked my Pay Pal transaction history and I found People Smart had made an unauthorized charge on my account. On 01/27/11 I made two authorized payments to People Smart totaling $69.90 for a one year unlimited search. However, on 02/03/11 an additional charge of $35.40 appeared on my account with no explanation.

People Smart has agreed too refund $65.35. I am no longer a member but they still owe me $39.95. They have offered no explanation why they made that additional charge. Pay Pal has no explanation why they okayed that unauthorized transaction.
Comments United States Products & Services
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

16th of Feb, 2011 by   Karl123 0 Votes
I was searching for an address of a friend of mine. On the internet I found Peoplesmart... this is an information company. You can be come a member for ~$40 or get a single address for $1.95. I used paypal to pay $1.95 for a single search only. Their web site clearly said:
Don't want to become a member... That's okay. You can view the results ... by purchasing a one time report.
One week later they charged me ~$40 via my Paypal account.
I always thought, that someone needed my password to authorize a payment with paypal... apparently not. Peoplesmart.com does NOT have my password, but apparently anybody can draw money from my Paypal account for any or no reason. This is very alarming, since Paypal deduct this money from my bank account. Someone can steal every penny I got and there is nothing I can do about it.
I have attached a Word document, which clearly shows (screen shots) that Peoplesmart is stealing...
 21st of Feb, 2011 by   Karl123 0 Votes
PayPal refunded my money, but they sent me this e-mail:
We’ve finished our investigation of your dispute.
This payment is an authorized transaction of a billing agreement.
We have issued a refund of the payment(s). The credit will either post to
your PayPal account balance or the credit card used to make the payment.
Because this payment is the result of a billing agreement that was set up, we suggest you contact the merchant to make sure your account with them is secure.

Thanks,
PayPal

Despite the fact, that they refunded my money, I am not satisfied.
They called it an authorized charge... I have overwhelming proof, that I did NOT authorize the charge.
Unfortunately this complaints board does not allow me to upload higher resolution images.
Obviously now I cannot use PayPal any longer, because they called me a fool and a liar.
I also urge you to be careful, your Paypal account is NOT as safe as you think. A company can charge you without your knowledge or your password... just like a credit card.
 2nd of May, 2013 by   LOBECK 0 Votes
I too was shocked when this company had opened an open ended account through my Pay Pal account. To add to this they accessed my linked checking account which was not my preferred method of payment, my more secure credit card was. I had only signed up for a one time search for $19.95 . I found their report to be outdated regarding addresses and work history and totally useless not worth $19.95 not to mention because of them opening an unauthorized open ended account with my Pay Pal I am beyond alarmed . Pay Pal needs to drop this merchant for their deceptive practices...talk about safe and secure transactions!

Health Care Reform: What Now?

Latest Groups