logo

Parts Geek

Posted:    marko4122

customer service

none
I ordered some parts from this company (Parts Geek) a few days ago and ordered overnight shipping and have yet to recieve the parts. I called UPS and they didn't have any information as to where my parts were. UPS told me to contact Parts Geek to find out where the parts were. I called about 15 times, sent about 10 emails to there customer service department, and left about 10 messages for them to call me back and I have still yet to get a response from anyone in there company. Even if it isn't there fault as to why I haven't recieved my parts it still does not give them an excuse to not return any of my messages or emails. You would think that they would try to give me some inclination that they are trying to do everything they can to help me find the parts (that I purchased from them) I ordered. I am so pissed off by their lack of customer service that I am going to let as many people possible know never to order anything from this company and or there other 70 names they go by. I will find them all and I will bash everyone of them on every website possible ie; my space, face book, etc.

Comments United States Cars, Parts & Vehicles
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Jun, 2009 by   marko4122 +1 Votes
parts geek sucks!
 20th of Jul, 2009 by   gouki69 +1 Votes
marko4122 is 100% accurate about his statements about PartsGeek.

I ordered a part for my car and it never arrived. I called their customer service number at 1.800.541.9352 ext: 2 to see if I can find out the status of my package. After a 5 min wait while listening to some prerecorded rock music, it kicked me to the answering machine. I had left a message and contact information as instructed and patiently waited for a call back. Well folks, I got nothing, no call, no email, no contact. I had repeated this process, 3 times, each time resulting in an answering machine response, with no replies.

I also tried emailing sales@partsgeek.com about my package, twice, I got no reply.

It seems as if PartGeek doesn't care about their customers, lacks customer service, and is in it to take your money. Prices on their site are very competitive, but what's the point of buying from them if you never get your parts? Caveat emptor. I've never dealt with such an unprofessional company since I've started buying goods from the internet. You hear about internet SCAM sites all the time, http://www.partsgeek.com/ sure seems like one of them. I am going to call my credit card company to see what I can do.

============

Still don't believe us, take the PartsGeek Challenge:

1. Call 1.800.541.9352 ext: 2 for PartsGeek customer service and see if you can get a hold of a person.

2. Email sales@partsgeek.com and try to get a non-automated reply.

To PartsGeek: Congratulations on having this as the first page that pops up on Google results when people search for "PartsGeek Customer Service." If marko4122 and I lost our money to save other people their money from scammers like PartGeek, I am glad to lose my $50 for such a good cause.

Good luck cleaning up your horrible reputation.

-Consumerists in Action.
 7th of Oct, 2009 by   Thoan +1 Votes
Similar experience. Parts are shown as "in-stock" when ordered, but they're not.
Emails are sent with empty fields for which parts are not in-stock.
Phone calls are not returned.
partsgeek.com is a good place to order parts, if you don't need them in any particular lifetime. Perhaps.
 9th of Oct, 2009 by   Brandon13 +1 Votes
Parts geek sucks. they sent me a cracked mirror and want me to pay for another one before they return my money for the first one. i will Never buy from them again!
 24th of Nov, 2009 by   JTRust94 +1 Votes
I ordered parts from this company and got an email back days later that said my account was on hold. I called at least 30 times over a couple days to see what the problem was. The few times I wasn't sent to a voicemail after waiting on hold for 30 minutes I would be asked for my information, then they said "please hold" and I was disconnected every time. Apparently this company is known for terrible customer service. I will NEVER recomend this company to anyone and will NEVER use it again. I am still working to try to regain my money. This company is a total scam!!!
 6th of Jan, 2010 by   rx2man +1 Votes
Well lucky me, I just ordered a little under $300 in cooling system parts from these guys. I will see what happens, I can tell you though the one good thing about companies like this is if you do get some parts but there is a problem and file a dispute with your CC company these companies will not respond to the CC company either. You then get a charge back and whatever you got is free. My favorite company to do this with is Tower Records, they are so pathetic mess things up and dont respond to the CC company one little thing and the $100 order is free cause they cant respond to anyone. Getting ready to see how partsgeek responds to the CC company as they already have this order messed up.
 28th of Jan, 2010 by   KOOLNDN +1 Votes
Well Thank you all. I was about to order something from this website and thought why not do a company search before I give my info to them!! All your posts were very helpful and definitely going spend that extra $25 to buy the part from the dealer!! Thanks again.
 30th of Jan, 2010 by   fastfrank +1 Votes
Ok PC and Blog MADNESS has struck the good and sane people of America. I own a BMW specialty shop since 1989, and I have been placing online orders with Partsgeeks, Parts Train, Auto Haus Arizona, Euro Part Direct and US Auto for like 5 or 6 years now. They all are great and they all suck in their own right. Parts Geek has great prices and nice sales people, but seems under-staffed and never picks up their phones, Parts Train always picks up phones but changes prices like I change my socks, Autohaus AZ has great prices one week and then blows out of stock the next and can suck on old returns, but sales people rock, Euro Parts Direct is all over the place in respect to pricing and sucks on returns, and US Auto is hard to trust because I hate giving my credit info to some dude who I can tell is sitting in Pakistan or India.

When I read negative posts like this one on Partsgeek I have to say I am angry and I can't take it no more. I mean if you have a bad meal in a restaurant do you call food editors, post blogs, and write bad things about the joint? Weird society we live in, and truthfully these negative posts make me think that they are either jilted ex-lovers or competitors torturing each other. Ever just google or yahoo search these companies and see how they are all suing each other as well? So I am sure this post and others like it are just not real. I mean what normal dude would waste their time with such nonsense? That is why I don't believe half the stuff I read any more and even less like these negative posts. GET A LIFE PEOPLE. Don't like the song...turn the station!!

I think you can get honest reviews from places like Reseller Ratings dot com, because all these guys have thousands of reviews, and I know when I conclude my parts orders online I go right into Reseller Ratings - so these are just normal people like me filling in a survey if we are thrilled or pissed. GUESS WHAT? All of these stores, including Parts Geek have scores of 9 or better out of 10 in all categories at reseller ratings. I mean really, what does that tell you? I can personally tell you if I place 10 order with these Geek Boys... sure enough 1 will be screwed to high hell. Same with the other guys as well. Same as if you eat somewhere 10 times. If you hate these people or didn't get a credit, let me share a little secret with you...call the credit card company and stop payment. Don't waste your time posting in a blog, just get your money back and move on. Try the new car dealer and buy your parts there...tell us how that works out for y'all.
 27th of Feb, 2010 by   Emanuel-Rwey +1 Votes
This is a HORRIBLE!!! company...first no one is there to answer the GODDAMN phone! their email address bounces back...its not valid. I was on hold forever and being routed to a voicemail. You cannot even track your items from their site. Their FAQ says click "My Account" to check status of order and that option is not even there.
Have not received the so called email with my tracking # as they promised. I am refereing to Part #: NI1250115. That i ordered a week now. I work for a Govt Agency i will take all necessary actions against the scam of this company!! Return my money or send me my items.
Those with information or complaints against this company that I need to collect send them to me4unme@lycos.com
 5th of Mar, 2010 by   jiZZLE +2 Votes
THIS COMPANY FUCKN BLOWS BALLS! I ORDERED A WINDOW REGULATOR 2 DAY AGO AN IT STILL AIN HERE!! WTF PEOPLE! CAN I PLEASE GET MY SHIT OR $56.11 IN RETURN FOR MY TROUBLES??
 5th of Mar, 2010 by   jiZZLE +1 Votes
FUCK PARTS GEEK !!!
 5th of Mar, 2010 by   mylyf4hm +1 Votes
I can definitely agree with the fact that PartsGeek sucks! I ordered two headlight assembly's for my vehicle. They ended up sending me a tracking number that told me that my parts (apparently mine) went to GALESBURG, IL!!! I live almost 2000 miles away from here! I have the email confirmation with my billing and shipping address on it, with the confirmation and order number, and I am going to the courthouse right where I live to file a law suit of fraud against this company. Not only are they going to give me my money back (via my bank), but they WILL give me parts also. There are too many people complaining to sit here and do nothing about it!
 8th of Mar, 2010 by   BillyJ +1 Votes
I only wish I had readf this stuff before I ordered from these assholes. Right after I placed my order for a BMW window swith, I received an e-mail stating that they couldn't deliver to a different address other than the one associated with my CC because this was my first order. Well since no one is home during the day, my office is where I receive all of my deliveries and if this is there policy it shjould be stated during the check-out process. Also, as has been stated in some of the previous complaints, they don't answer their phone nor return e-mails. I'll see if my part ever gets here or I'll be filing a complaint with BBB
 13th of Mar, 2010 by   colge +1 Votes
I now realize that I am reading these blogs at the wrong time ...putting the cart in front of the horse. Parts Geek has my $78.85 that I sent them for my Beetle fog lamps 8 days ago...serve me right for not going to the dealer
 27th of Mar, 2010 by   radiator +2 Votes
I ordered a radiator and the part came in very fast except it was the wrong one. After many many calls and emails still no one has called or answered my calls. I have taken it up with my bank and am waiting to see where this ends up. I stongly don't reccomend Partsgeek!
 4th of Apr, 2010 by   fast oldtimer -1 Votes
i ordered 3 ingnition coils at a very reasonable price, they shipped it so fast i was not expecting it so soon. i love them.
 5th of Apr, 2010 by   Prabam +1 Votes
i ordered $350 worth of parts and got it shipped last week. I ordered another 280 worth of parts and my CC was charged but no order number, no UPS tracking number and now no one will answer my calls. I got an email reply stating that my parts were shipped but they were referring to my first order. when I corrected them and asked for the status of my 2nd order, they went dark. If I dont get a response by EOD, I am calling the CC company and filing a dispute.

Low end operator, I see a couple of law suits out there and a F rating on BBB.
 6th of Apr, 2010 by   Unhappy customer100098 +1 Votes
I have ordered over $1000 from Parts Geek for the past year and was a happy custumer up to last week, when UPS sent my order back to them 4 days after it arrived. I tried contacting the Customer Service number, ext. 2, 5 days in a row, 2x a day asking them to call me back and nothing. No phone call, no care about my case. I needed my parts sent back to me!! Well, today I get an email stating that they're refunding my $$ back to my credit card, minus a restocking fee of $35. So, I spent $220 w/ shipping and now I'm getting $174 back. It really sucks, Parts Geek! Really, think twice before you order from them...
 9th of Apr, 2010 by   NotaGeekFan +1 Votes
BUYERS BEWARE! I ordered parts from partsgeek.com a week ago. Within a couple of days I got an email that they could not process my credit card because the address was wrong. Called my credit union. They said the transaction had been approved. I called Partsgeek repeatedly, for HOURS. I left message after message. I was not going to give up. Finally someone named Tim answered. He was very polite and told me there was something wrong with my address. I had him read it back to me and lo and behold, it was the correct address. He asked me to call my bank again and then call him back at extension 807. I called back, entered the extension and the recording said, "We will now try to connect you with ...silence...and then I got a recording saying Tim was busy. I kept redialing. After several more attempts, getting the same result, the STUPID SO CALLED MUSIC came on. No answer. I called yet again pressing the numbers for this person who asked me to call him back, and a NEW recording played stating "Tim" was busy with another customer! Now how on earth, after calling repeatedly for HOURS, did Tim miss my call?
Now you would think after all of this (by the way, I left messages OVER AND OVER AGAIN) that someone would have called. And, as I sat listening to the music, I repeatedly sent emails. I kept getting replies (3 of them to be exact) over the 3 day period I called, stating my order was on hold because of the address not matching Rrrrrriggghhhhhttttt! So, I checked my bank account to see if they still had a hold on the money. Oh yes, they did, for the 192.65 AND an additional 192.65! My calls became more frequent, my emails non stop and still no reply. Finally I called my credit union and asked them to cancel the holds. I explained I had ordered one item for 192.65 and they hadn't filled my order, and then they held an additional 192.65. They immediately cancelled the hold and told me to notify partsgeek by phone and email. RRRRRrrrrrrrriiiiiiggghhhhtttttt! So, I sent emails, I left messages, and told them since I needed the parts YESTERDAY and they were unable to fill my order, I wanted them to cancel my order. I got another email saying my order was on hold because my address was incorrect.
At this point I lost all my Mrs. Nice Guy control and sent them an email, and left them a message stating how frustrated I was and wanted an immediate response via email because they would not answer my calls. I wanted my order cancelled NOW! Well, low and behold, 2 days later I got 2 emails. The first said (and I quote - spelling and all; "Good Day Good Day The order ahs been canceled per your request." And it was followed by; "Good Day The order has been canceled due to billing address being incorrect."
I thought, I don't care about the spelling, I don't care about the reasons, I am just relieved this is over. BUT WAIT! Today, 3 days AFTER these emails, as I was checking my account balance, I noticed I had $385.30 less in my account than I was supposed to. I called my credit union. PARTSGEEK had placed a hold on $192.65, twice, AGAIN! So, I cancelled my card, had them put on a watch list, and am waiting until Monday to file a complaint with the attorney general's office. Enough is enough!
 10th of Apr, 2010 by   Jayson s +2 Votes
I ordered two parts from partsgeek.com. They both came and worked perfectly. My thoughts were "hey" This is a great place to buy. The third time I ordered from them, They never sent me any of the information needed to get my part. Such as, tracking number or order number. I called and got the same problem. Emails were ineffective. I'm deciding to send a "Nice" letter to there company's address. I may intend to sue, if possible.

Last Minute School Shopping