logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (20 mins ago)
Nowlucky.com
no prize and illegal cc charge
2. (1 hr 8 mins ago)
prepaidzero.com
Don’t buy their chip cards- scam
3. (1 hr 20 mins ago)
False & Misleading Advertising

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Pareto Logic File Cure Complaints & Reviews - Invasive Product cannot be Uninstalled

Pareto Logic File Cure Contacts & Informations

Pareto Logic File Cure

Posted:    dnenov

Invasive Product cannot be Uninstalled

Do Not install Pareto Logic File Cure's trial on Windows 7 - if you decide that you do not wish to pay for the license and uninstall it will leave garbage in your "Send-To" file explorer menu and your registry - only a manual registry clean-up will fix this.
Comments United States Software & Games
Was the above complaint useful to you?
More Pareto Logic File Cure complaints
Pareto Logic File Cure - did not recived the license key

Comments

7th of Apr, 2010 by   Rashadawg 0 Votes
Cannot remove all files and folders of FileCure. Should I do it thru RegEdit? Why does any legit software company have a "supposedly good" program then sneak in some Trojan Horse-like device to make you upgrade of pull your hair out when trying to remove it? DO NOT INSTALL!!!

Rasha
UAS
 4th of Nov, 2010 by   LH2009 0 Votes
While attempting to download an ebook from my local library. When I clicked on the download and started the download the Windows security informed me that a site wanted to access my computer and not paying the attention that I should have, I agreed and was directed tor Paretologic File Cure and at the end or the scan I realized the mistake and canceled. I unstalled the program from my computer. However, now when I attempt to download a book from the library, when I click the download icon, paretologicfilecule always wants to access my computer and when I cancel nothing happens, no download.
I have scanned with Malware and others, nothing found. Checked reg, nothing there nor in processess.
Any suggestions?
 14th of Dec, 2010 by   Axel-D 0 Votes
I downloaded ParetoLogic FileCure as it promised to be able to open an old unsupported document file. It would only do this if I registered and paid he $30 fee! It then proceeded to "find" all sorts or spurious problems with my registry demanding payment to "fix" them.
The programme does not offer a uninstall option so this has to be done with the Windows software uninstall utility. It seems like nothing more than a scam to me.
Who knows what traces it has left in my registry!! BEWARE!!
 25th of Feb, 2011 by   Etrigan 0 Votes
If you are having problems uninstalling a program try Revo Uninstaller a free app that uninstalls down to the registry level.
 2nd of Aug, 2011 by   Retiredsaddledust 0 Votes
I thought this would be an ideal program to assist in curing files that didn't have the necessary extensions. Prior to installing, I kept getting a .dll extension error and thought, once and for all I would be able to correct the problem. I even had my work Tech tell me to uninstall my Microsoft Office and reinstall (using up #3 of 5 licenses) as this was a newer computer I had the Microsoft on. Well... after doing that, it still didn't solve my .dll issues. In comes Paretologic File Cure. Happy to finally get rid of the nuisance, .dll, I purchased File Cure on a 30 day money back guarantee. I got it all installed, and immediately put in the .dll extension, to which it offered up several suggestions... most of which were "buy me" to fix it. I tried the "free" one, and it couldn't repair it. So, I'm still left with putting up with the .dll issue or buy yet another program. Wanting to take advantage of the trial (mind you I had paid my $30 via PayPal), so I ran a total scan to find issues. It found 5 files that needed a "cure". Well, well... the "free" choices couldn't help and/or when you clicked on them they were not found. Bottom line... why have File Cure scan and find a problem that I've never noticed (except the .dll) and NOT have File Cure be able to fix itz? Then, as of this moment, I've been on hold to customer service 30 minutes waiting for an attendant for a refund. It's this customer service or lack of, that says NO way! Now I read other complaints that say that the darn thing can't be completely removed from the registry. MY REGRET? WHY I DIDN'T RESEARCH THIS OUT, ESPECIALLY THE COMPLAINT ABOVE MINE...Etrigan!!! DON'T BE SUCKED IN!!! I'm not computer savy...know just enough to be dangerous actually. So when I rely on what is believed to be good info...I find it's bogus and another money grabber outfit. Oh, if you do trust this site...realize in small print, you are placed on AUTO pay when your renewal comes up! Call me a sucker... but I demand better from people who claim what Paretologic does. Don't Pare To Them ...stay away! P.S. On the phone 40 minutes now waiting for a representative.

5 Ways to Save on Home Remodeling