logo

Michael Ray - The Artist
scam for money
3. (38 mins ago)
Lal Kitab Aamrit
Fraud Pandit (GD Vashist)
4. (1 hr 1 mins ago)
Facial Improvements

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Pareto Logic File Cure Complaints & Reviews - Invasive Product cannot be Uninstalled

Pareto Logic File Cure Contacts & Informations

Pareto Logic File Cure

Posted:    dnenov

Invasive Product cannot be Uninstalled

Do Not install Pareto Logic File Cure's trial on Windows 7 - if you decide that you do not wish to pay for the license and uninstall it will leave garbage in your "Send-To" file explorer menu and your registry - only a manual registry clean-up will fix this.
Comments United States Software & Games
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

7th of Jan, 2010 by   Chaban 0 Votes

did not recived the license key - Pareto Logic File Cure

I paid with my credit card for the product and I did not get my license key
 16th of Jan, 2010 by   SteveWatkins2010 +1 Votes
WARNING! DO NOT use the Pareto Logic "File Cure" program!

Here's what happens when you don't PAY like they so persistently suggest. Over and Over.
It all started after I purchased an Internet TV program called PCSHOWBuzz. THAT was my 1st MISTAKE!

I didn't pay for their "Recommended" download and I suddenly got a number prompts saying "There has been an attempt to expose my credit card information over the internet" and I got one after another, each related to this spyware causing offer!! Trojan horses, virus alerts, the whole nine yards. I had McAvee and reinstalled Avast to eventually eliminated all the attacks.
It took me hours to delete this embedded trojan out of my Vista and IE.
This has been a nightnmare and I don't see anyone else's review saying this so I guess they have all been suppressed by this bogus system "Cure"!!!
 22nd of Jan, 2010 by   Pareto Rep -1 Votes
Hello Steve

We sincerely regret to hear of the difficulties that you have experienced with your computer.

Please know that Paretologic (creator of FileCure) is not in any way associated or affiliated with PCSHOWBuzz.

Paretologic is a member in good standing with the Better Business Bureau, a Microsoft Certified Partner and has won numerous industry awards for it's products and services. Paretologic's core business is online security. Paretologic's FileCure has been certified by Microsoft for Win 7 compatiblity.

Kindest Regards
Laura
Paretologic Liaison
 11th of Feb, 2010 by   Tom Parsons +2 Votes
It didn't know what a .wri file is. Now all I want to know is how to delete it from my computer!!!
 25th of Mar, 2010 by   Scoobie +1 Votes
Absolutely with you there... HOW DO I REMOVE IT?
My laptop has done nothing but crash since this program arrived. If i find out who downloaded it there is going to be one massive arguement.
I want it gone and I want it gone NOW!!!
 30th of Mar, 2010 by   qreeves +1 Votes
I find it interesting that the person from Paretologic company can respond and say that it's a company in good standing, but will not respond on how to remove it. What's up with that. Because I have the thing on my computer somehow and I'm the only one to use it, so I am lost as to how it got there. I don't know, but I do know that I want it off my computer as well. Because my computer has been suddenly moving slower. But you all can try to go to google and put remove paretologic or remove file cure and see what comes up. That's what I'm about to do right now!!!
 30th of Mar, 2010 by   qreeves +1 Votes
ok, i take it back i found out how to delete it. i simply went to c:/program files/paretologic/file cure... click on the folder for file cure. There should be several files below and at least 3 or 4 consisting of paretologic or file cure info. One should simply be named uninstall file cure or paretologic, simply click on that and it should prompt you to see if you are sure that you want to uninstall it and prayerfully everything will be removed. I just did it and it appears that everything has worked. I've looked in my start up menu and in my all programs section in my c:/drive and do not see it. I will really know when I turn my computer back off and on. But I honestly believe it worked.
 3rd of Apr, 2010 by   rfskye +1 Votes
If only if it were that easy. I click to remove file cure, and get a prompt:"do you want to allow this program to be installed to your hard drive? Click no, you get another po that 'this page cannot open p-up that appears to be an IE box stating that this page cannot be opened...then suggests that you are not conncted to the internet!! If not, how could I receiv.e an IE pop-up?? To make matters worse, the pop-up box cannot be closed. Back to the begiining: Frozen computer.What kind of people get their kicks this way? Get a friggin life.
 7th of Apr, 2010 by   Rashadawg 0 Votes
Cannot remove all files and folders of FileCure. Should I do it thru RegEdit? Why does any legit software company have a "supposedly good" program then sneak in some Trojan Horse-like device to make you upgrade of pull your hair out when trying to remove it? DO NOT INSTALL!!!

Rasha
UAS
 7th of Apr, 2010 by   Pikachu2017 +1 Votes
I totally agree when I click fix errors for file cure it says that you need to buy it to fix errors!
 9th of Apr, 2010 by   hill_l 0 Votes
I bought "driver cure" over six months ago -- what a mistake! I fell into one of those tests and I had all these out of date drivers (obviously, which at the time I was having a lot of problems). When I started following the links for drivers that were out of date, I really ran into problem. Thankfully I was smart enough to start with ones that I knew what they were and didn't get into system drivers and stuff like that. Anyway, I went to Add/Remove programs uninstalled, then Programs and removed the file folder -- but I am still getting an error everyday that the Paretologic program can't start up---well duh! FYI --MY NEW RULE -- since then I NEVER download ANYTHING before reading REVIEWS!!! Go to Google -- type what you're looking for and "review" after it -- you will get pages to read to make an educated decision!
**If anyone knows how I can get rid of my error PLEASE let me know!
 9th of Apr, 2010 by   Pareto Rep -1 Votes
Hello

We understand that you are experiencing difficulties with uninstalling our products and would be happy to provide you with uninstall instructions.

Before uninstalling please ensure the program is fully closed down. The programs must be manually closed down via the task bar by right clicking on it and selecting 'exit' prior to uninstalling.

To uninstall the program from Windows Vista and Windows 7 you will need to access the ‘Control Panel’

1. Start -> Control Panel
2. In the left pane select ‘Control Panel Home’ and then click on ‘Uninstall a Program’ under the Programs heading.
3. Select the ParetoLogic program you want to uninstall and click ‘Uninstall’

To uninstall the program from Windows XP you will need to access the ‘Control Panel’

1. Start -> Control Panel
2. Open ‘Add or Remove Programs ‘
3. Select the ParetoLogic program you want to uninstall and click ‘Remove’

If any of you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to send an email detailing your issue to helpdesk@paretologic.com and one of our highly skilled Technical Support Team members will be delighted to provide you with additional help.

Kindest Regards
Laura
Paretologic Liaison
 9th of Apr, 2010 by   hill_l 0 Votes
you didn't read what I wrote -- I have already uninstalled--and did it as you outlined here. But I am still getting an error message every day. Your product is the worst product--shouldn't even be offered for download for free and let alone have to pay for it . A friend of mine downloaded File Cure last night and did not get her license key. She paid $30 and I wish she would have talked to me first. Of course when she finally got it, it didn't even do what she needed it to do. She has uninstalled it. Are you willing to reimburse her since she had it less than 24 hours??
 17th of Apr, 2010 by   exBFF 0 Votes
I uninstalled nearly a month ago and am still getting a FileCure error message everytime I turn on my computer. Have done a complete search of my computer for anything vaguely related to filecure, file cure, cure, pareto, pareto logic, paretologic, etc...nothing.

But every single day, the error message is there.

I've emailed your helpdesk (no response). How do I make it go away?
 18th of Apr, 2010 by   martindalev1@msn.com -1 Votes
you rotten mother fuckingassholes have fucked up my first video of my grandson walking and i payed 49.00 bucks for nothing they cancelled my credit card because they thought they it was fraud it was . i used another credit card and they said it again its no wonder there is no phone number for your bullshit service and i will post this on every national account that our company has. dont worry about the money cause i just cancelled my card again because of your bullshit. good thing i cant get a hold of the guy in charge. i might have to straighten him out . and im big enough to do that. let him call me and explain why my grandsons videos are lost in bullshitville. CALL ME ASSHOLES 775 934 6262
thats my message
 18th of Apr, 2010 by   martindalev1@msn.com -1 Votes
fix my shit ass hole this aint gonna stop .
 21st of Apr, 2010 by   emmausdan 0 Votes
I also made the mistake of downloading and installing File Cure. However, I was too cheap to pay for something that was promoted to be "free". I have a XP system and uninstalled the program via Control Panel/AddorRemove. Everytime I boot up the pc, I get an error message stating that I need to re-install File Cure.
 29th of Apr, 2010 by   filecuresucks 0 Votes
I tried to uninstall but it is not showing in the add/remove programs list. Grrrrr.
 13th of May, 2010 by   Bear21 0 Votes
Ever since this paretologic program got on my computer, it has crashed 4 to 5 times per day. Tried the uninstall method - no help!!! Anti virus and malware will not remove this program!!! Do not know what to do!!!

Advice From 1998 - Bottled Water