logo

Stay away

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Latest News & Stories

Latest Questions

Pain Vanish, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Complaints & Reviews - Unwanted sample with invoice!

Pain Vanish Contacts & Informations

Pain Vanish

Posted:    Kristi Robbins

Unwanted sample with invoice!

Pain Vanish
PO Box 70120
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Phone: 1-877-373-3467
www.painvanish.com
I too received an unsolicited 2 oz. tube of Pain Vanish with an invoice for 19.94, apparently half off. Rather pricy and I know I didn't order this. The invoice says you can request a postage paid envelope. By law I could keep it, since I didn't order it, but I don't want to deal with them sending me more products and have to go through the hassle of straightening it all out. It does make me mad tho, and if I actually get through to a real person, I plan to tell them this.
Comments United States Health & Beauty
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

16th of Dec, 2007 by   Esther Leung 0 Votes
I requested a free sample - then it came with a "COMING SOON TO YOU" note which tells me about a shipment/billing schedule and 100% satisfaction guarantee. There was not any words about cancellation of the defaulted future shipments. 2 weeks later, I received a 2 oz tube product, a free gift (cooling relief patch) and an invoice of $19.94. The invoice says "we'll even pay the return postage" and a tel # (877-373-3467). I followed the instructions carefully, canceled the future default shipment by calling this automated system. But the funny thing are (1) without asking for any customer information (e.g. customer number, at least) the system has already told me that my cancellation would take up to 6 weeks to process, (2) the payment dues within 2 weeks! Besides, the website (painvanish.com) just care about "giving out free sample" and does not handle cancellation problems at all.
 25th of Jan, 2008 by   Jerri Maclay 0 Votes
What is the law on having something sent to you without your ordering it???
I did not order this pain vanish but sure did get the bill. Will more product be
sent if nothing is done? We don't want the product.
I say, just stop by & get it Pain Vanish....
 13th of Apr, 2008 by   Bill 0 Votes
I ordered samples of Pain Vanish and that's just what I received. Three foil packets of Pain Vanish arrived quite quickly. I tried the product and found that it did relieve a painful arm. It says that the relief is temporary, but it did work for me. I'm thinking of ordering a regular size tube.
 27th of Apr, 2008 by   John Schreiber 0 Votes
I received the free samples (3 Packets) but did not order them. Then this past Monday (4-22-o8) I received the package with a 2 ounce tube with a bill for 19.94. I tried to return it, but the post office wanted $2.15 postae to return it. I am not returning it or paying for it. Any other packages received will not be returned or paid for because I Did Not order them.
 28th of Apr, 2008 by   jvp 0 Votes
I also received the same product with an invoice and never ordered it!! I would never purchase this product even if I liked it because of their shady business practices. It infuriates me when companies are unethical and I wish there was some way to stop them!! I am sure that some will pay their invoice without question and doing so only encourages them to continue with this scam. I, for one will not be taken in by them and will not pay for their unsolicited product.
 15th of May, 2008 by   unknown 0 Votes
My mother ordered a sample about two years ago. Ever since she has repeatedly received shipments of the tubes at just under $40 billing. She has returned them, she has called them, she has written to them telling them to stop sending TUBES.

It was suggested, by a colleague, to have her call a lawyer as this practice is considered to be harrassment.
 25th of May, 2008 by   Lynn Blair 0 Votes
I feel like such an idiot for sending for that free sample of this product. I received an unsolicited tube a few weeks later of this and now an invoice. I threw it away because it does not work and I didn't order it, so I no longer have it to send back. I tried calling them because they say on the invoice "We're available for you 24 hours day, 7 days week. HA!! I think not, but they sure do give you options to pay. I am not paying for this because I did not order it, and I do believe that the law is on my side about this
 30th of May, 2008 by   Flora Cavallucci 0 Votes
I have been trying to contact you by phone & you do not have a phone number available to talk to a human. I am trying to order & also have someone interested in obtaining the pain relieving direct. Please help... There must be someway we can make voice contact. My phone number is
607-724-1534. Please make some kind of contact.

Thank you.

Flora Cavallucci
 30th of May, 2008 by   R. Quintin 0 Votes
Reported them to the US postal service. I reccomend that everyone does the same. It's an easy form on their web site.

2nd of Jun, 2008 by   Michael L. Willmore 0 Votes
I hope I get some grief from these people sending out PAIN VANISH!
I have already spoken to a lawyer and I'll have there A$$ES in a sling!!.
How much is it going to provide lawyer services in South Carolina?
(A BUNCH!)

If these turds are monitoring this sight; lets meet face to face, and I'll show you what you can do with your PAIN VANISH; because you will need it!!!
COME ON HERE'S MY NAME AND ADDRESS!!!
Michael L.Willmore
143 Speedway Dr.
Westminster, SC
 5th of Jun, 2008 by   M. Kerschbaum 0 Votes
I'm having the same issue! How annoying that you can't even call a phone number to clear this whole message up. I am going to track down their CORPORATE office and/or find a human being to talk to and clear this bill. Unfortunately, this could impact Credit. Depending on how long it takes =)maybe i should send them a bill - - for the time i spent trying to get rid of this unwanted BILL for something that was suppossed to be a FREE sample.

Good luck all. Email me @ megabaum1@aol.com if any of you have any luck getting a phone number where someone actually answers.

Thanks,
Meg
 20th of Jul, 2008 by   Karen 0 Votes
I'm glad I found this site before ordering my "free" sample. It sounds like it would cost me much more in grief and hassles. FWIW at the moment their website is down. Maybe they've been shut down?
 29th of Aug, 2008 by   Marguerite Zolman 0 Votes
I have suffered with Idiopathic Peripheral Neuropathy since 1989; a miserable affliction that threatens to run my life and generally tries its damnedest to ruin my nights and my disposition. I don't deserve this as I am the product of one of God's better days.

All manner of treatments, doctors, medications, etc., did absolutely nothing. The tryptiline drugs only made me sleepy. I learned to cope; spray my feet with water at bedtime and hang them over the side of the bed. This went on for years.

I spotted the Pain Vanish ad and placed an order. I spread it on the tops of my feet at bedtime, the fire goes out amd I am able to sleep all night. I have returned to square dancing, round dancing and riding my bike.

I am presently trying to reach Pain Vanish to order another tube. Maybe two of them. Please email me.
 18th of Nov, 2008 by   Tammy Barden 0 Votes
I was scammed by them also . I got the bill, and I didnt order it . I am now on hold, waiting for a real person to come to the phone and get in their chit . This should be against the law and I hope they are shut down . I am not paying the bill !!!
 9th of Dec, 2008 by   Buttercup 0 Votes
Seems we all were scammed by these people. There are other deceitful companies out there doing the same rip off. Bottom line, don't order anything for "free". It gives them all they need, name and address. And by all means, don't give them your credit card. You are really in for trouble then when they continue to bill your credit card. Please post when there is information about how to stop these theives!!! Makes you sick.
If we had ordered something it would have been different, but when you don't even order and they send something...and a bill, and then send something and another bill...Disgusting!

Internet Scams: How to Protect Yourself