Have you received the full refund?
We have the same story
They will converse and correspond in English, but their business ethics are totally Turkish Bazaar. I have been communicating with Caroline for six months and its like talking to telephone sales with set computer responses. They do not understand the concept of customer service. My refund should have taken a few days, but six months on I’m still waiting for the full refund.
We arrived at the Oasis Hotel Barcelona on Saturday 24th September 2011 at 1.00pm for a one night stay pre cruise to find we had no reservation although we had prepaid nine months before in January and Metglobal had emailed us two days before to make sure we had printed the Accommodation Voucher
You can not imagine the stress that my wife and I went through trying to communicate with Metglobal, being passed to different people in different parts of the world on the phone. When they finally found use an alternative hotel two hours later, it was on the outskirts of Barcelona, near the football stadium. We were assured by Metglobal staff that this new arrangement would not involve any extra cost to us.
We arrived at the Catalonia Rigoletto Hotel, to find they had one room left but it was not reserved in our name, and the Business credit card number given by Metglobal did not work. After another 2 hours, seven phone calls, an email from Met global confirming they would refund all our additional costs, We paid the hotel 293 euros and finally got into our room at 5.00 pm.
The Catalonia Rigoletto Hotel staff were excellent, but it is located on the out skirts and involved a long taxi journey costing 20 euros. It is near the football stadium which had an important match that evening, the crowds making it impossible to meet our friends .
We were assured by the Metglobal staff that we spoke to on the phone, that Metglobal would pay all our additional costs incurred in changing to the second hotel, We were told this a number of times and also had it in writing . In late December after three months of protracted correspondence we received 80% of the refund . Six months later we are still trying to get the remaining 20%
The only good thing about Metglobal, they did find us a bed for the night !