logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Electrolux
Double Oven will not heat after cleaning process
2. (3 mins ago)
morphsuits.com
not so nice
3. (13 mins ago)
Ymax Oration
Scam
4. (13 mins ago)
www.ea.com
Being charge a fee yearly that we do not want
5. (14 mins ago)
Reliance Protectron
Worst Security System with awful service.

Consumer Tips & Tricks

Metglobal
Sydney, New South Wales
Australia
Phone: 0450900020
I booked a holiday through Otel.com

During my stay, i ate some hotel food which was poorly prepared and was forced to go to hospital with a serious bacterial infection.

The hotel was lovely, they contacted Otel.com and both parties agreed to refund me 5 nights as compensation.

Otel.com claim to have transferred the money into my account, quoting the same reference number 10 times. I have provided bank statements to prove this has not taken place.
They wont accept my solicitor's calls, wont talk to their bank to initiate a trace. Instead they repeat the same thing over and over without acknowledging my concerns.

I have since contacted my governement to discuss.
Comments Australia Hotels
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

3rd of Mar, 2011 by   luclindsay +1 Votes
As my previous message states, you seem t repeat the same thing over and over.

There have been no deposits, and I have provided you and your managers with my bank statements (against my better judgement).
This proves, NO deposit has been made. Unless you guys prefer me to use crayons.

I have also told you 10 times, that the reference numbers you have provided are of no use to me or any bank. They are reference numbers generated by your bank, and as you CLAIM you have deposited the money, you must initiate the trace.

Fact is, I have provided you with bank statements - as you requested. You have failed to even acknowledge this.
Fact, you have provided me with a series of numbers and letters that are not in conjunction with any other information or documentation. You could have easily made it up. However I have provided you with my actual bank statements.

If you are a genuine, honest and respectable company, surely you would want to contact your bank. If the funds have left your account and not appeared in mine (as proven with the statement provided to you), they can EASILY initiate a trace and find out what happened.

At that point, I want an apology from a senior manager within the business.

To add to my frustration. Your call centre refuses to provide the number of any head office. Nor will be they provide the details of any company legal representative.

If only I could trust this message reaches a person in your company who has a brain. As they would know, I can not start a trace on funds I did not deposit.

I asked my solicitor to call your head office. Who asked me to prepare a full email listing this horrific series of events. This was sent almost two weeks ago.
When called this morning to check on its progress. The operations manager hung up, after refusing to provide the details of your companies legal rep.

All this is pretty clear that you are not a trustworthy company, you have unfair and untoward business practices.

Never have I heard of such a small issue turning into a massive problem all because the call center wont escalate a call to a REAL manager.
 3rd of Mar, 2011 by   luclindsay +1 Votes
one more point...

You start your email with..."its fair to say"

This is the most insulting message. I have written to you so many times listing specific issues and solutions. Instead of reading it, you copy and paste the same reply. Almost the same as your most recent response.

Nothing you or your company have said or done been fair at any point.
 27th of May, 2011 by   luclindsay 0 Votes
STILL NOTHING!!!

i have since received a promise to start the trace...then the refund...now they have gone silent for three months..

NOW SIX months since their promise...
 29th of Mar, 2012 by   bulldoguk 0 Votes
Hi luclindsay

Have you received the full refund?
We have the same story

They will converse and correspond in English, but their business ethics are totally Turkish Bazaar. I have been communicating with Caroline for six months and its like talking to telephone sales with set computer responses. They do not understand the concept of customer service. My refund should have taken a few days, but six months on I’m still waiting for the full refund.
OUR STORY

We arrived at the Oasis Hotel Barcelona on Saturday 24th September 2011 at 1.00pm for a one night stay pre cruise to find we had no reservation although we had prepaid nine months before in January and Metglobal had emailed us two days before to make sure we had printed the Accommodation Voucher

You can not imagine the stress that my wife and I went through trying to communicate with Metglobal, being passed to different people in different parts of the world on the phone. When they finally found use an alternative hotel two hours later, it was on the outskirts of Barcelona, near the football stadium. We were assured by Metglobal staff that this new arrangement would not involve any extra cost to us.
We arrived at the Catalonia Rigoletto Hotel, to find they had one room left but it was not reserved in our name, and the Business credit card number given by Metglobal did not work. After another 2 hours, seven phone calls, an email from Met global confirming they would refund all our additional costs, We paid the hotel 293 euros and finally got into our room at 5.00 pm.

The Catalonia Rigoletto Hotel staff were excellent, but it is located on the out skirts and involved a long taxi journey costing 20 euros. It is near the football stadium which had an important match that evening, the crowds making it impossible to meet our friends .

We were assured by the Metglobal staff that we spoke to on the phone, that Metglobal would pay all our additional costs incurred in changing to the second hotel, We were told this a number of times and also had it in writing . In late December after three months of protracted correspondence we received 80% of the refund . Six months later we are still trying to get the remaining 20%

The only good thing about Metglobal, they did find us a bed for the night !

Building the Perfect Credit History