logo

Recently Discussed Complaints

1. (0 mins ago)
Hitech Creations/ Aces High
unethical behavior and rip off
2. (0 mins ago)

Frisco, Texas
Phone: 214-912-5303
rr.com
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:

Apparent I experienced unauthorized takeover by Oryte of my FireFox browser with google search engine by unwittingly down loading a free calculator. Oryte does not delete. How do I get rid that crappy site and restore my default FireFox browser, or is this the result of some complaints I've seen about FireFox and their latest upgrade causing problems. Lets keep things simple. Not everyone wants some crappy Oryte type "entertainment" site dominating their their computer. I've gone through all the the corrects steps I know to remove it but it keeps popping up like some kind of virus. And who the hell needs 100 search engines (Which Oryte offers) when Google can do it all? I'm suspicious that somehow the Chinese are involved since I see Chinese fonts as I look through what Oryte has to offer. Tell me it's not a scam.

Sincerely,

Bill Harvey
Comments United States Other
Was the above complaint useful to you?

Comments

22nd of Aug, 2010 by   Bebe Mom 0 Votes
Same thing happened to me. I was linked to the download of calculator on Kim Komando's website. I totally agree with the complaint. Now if only I could remove Oryte!
 30th of Sep, 2010 by   asdfk;jlskdafj;alksdf 0 Votes
Same exact thing happened to me.
Downloaded a calculator on my mac.
I went to applications and clicked toolbars, found 'oryte' and deleted it.
I was overfilled with joy only to find out that no matter how many times i delete it, it returns. It is absolute insanity, and it needs to get off my computer and needs to stop infesting my browser (safari)
 9th of Nov, 2010 by   Oryte Support 0 Votes
Hello,

Oryte is an honest software, it's endorsed by McAfee and stands to all the high requirements set by Google to its partners.
To uninstall oryte please follow the instructions below:

Follow these directions if you have Internet Explorer
Step 1) From your computer's 'Start' button, select 'Settings', then 'Control Panel'
Step 2) Double-click on 'Add/Remove Programs' for Windows XP or 'Programs and Features' for Windows Vista
Step 3) Select "Free TV Bar Toolbar" and click 'Remove'.
Step 4) You must reboot your computer to completely remove the toolbar.
Follow these directions if you have Firefox Browser
Step 1) From your browser’s Menu, select ‘Tools’, then ‘add-ons’
Step 2) Select “Free TV Bar Toolbar” and click ‘uninstall’
Step 3) You must restart firefox to completely remove the toolbar.

Please follow these directions if you have Safari:
Step 1) Enter the Applications folder in Finder
Step 2) Enter the "Toolbars" folder
Step 3) Enter the "Free TV Bar" folder
Step 4) Run Uninstall
 22nd of Dec, 2010 by   Sassy Sally 0 Votes
I'm going to plea a patience from you out there who are very smart computer people. Bear with me I'm very new at this. Ok, oh and Merry Christmas as well.

Here's my ignorant question: I ended up working on my pictures and stuff, and accidently went into Downloading some thing, an offer from Oryte (yeah, IT) appears on my screne and I didn't even touch it and I inherited IT's Toolbar! Wha happened to Virginia, my Leopard? Now I'm watching the screne slowly dissapear as I now have 3 lines of IT's Toolbar, and I've slept all night. I read your advise and I only got lost when it says to "Run Uninstall of Oryte Toolbar"
Where exactly is that "RUN" button? Or, is it the "Control keey" and "Return Key" I got lost, am drawing a blank and now my screen is shrinking.

thank your for your patience. Sassy Sally