Oreck Vaccum

Posted:

Hard to push on high pile carpet

1700 Mountainview Rd., Apt 2
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Phone: 717-695-2494
I have an Oreck XL Plus vaccum that is approx. 3 years old. I have high pile carpet throughout my apartment. It is very hard to push the vaccum over the carpet. It is hard enough to push that my wife can't use it, and I have to do the vaccuming, and it is even hard for me. We thought that maybe the vaccum was worn out. So 6 months ago we purchased another Oreck XL Plus and we still have the same problem.

You cannot use the Oreck on high pile carpets. It works great in hotels were the pile is very short. I'm sitting here with $600 worth of Oreck vaccums ($300 each), and our expierence with the Oreck vaccum is terrible.

Do not purchase an Oreck Vaccum if your carpets have a high pile or is considered to be plush carpeting.
Complaint comments Comments Complaint country United States Complaint category Vacuum Cleaners
Was the above complaint useful?

Comments

12th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
I purchases an oreck for my parents and they're complaining of the same thing. Our carpet is not really high but mom has a tremendous problem vaccuming. This "5lb" vaccum cleaner costs a fortune for what it "claims". The bag keeps falling off the vaccum as she's vaccuming and the dirt is inside the bag. Poor choice of cleaners. I sympathize with you.
 10th of Sep, 2010 by    0 Votes
Same problem with a Oreck XL Silver! I have a bad back and on high pile rug it hurts my back! OVER RATED ORECK IS!
 20th of Apr, 2011 by    0 Votes
I just purchased a new XL Plantium Oreck Vacum cleaner. This is the second one within three weeks since the first one was smoking and I could smell burnt rubber. By the time I returned it to the dealer, the roller would not go around anymore. The dealer gave me another one and this one is getting very hot too and I am afraid the same thing is going on with it. I have just upgraded to this new one so my son can have my old XL extended. That one worked fine. This one is going back too. I am so disappointed.

Contact Us